Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Zoe's Tale (Old Man's War, #4)
This topic is about Zoe's Tale
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Zoe's Tale [June 10, 2018]

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (last edited May 30, 2018 04:53AM) (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4608 comments Mod
June 10th.

Link to retired BR: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Mayim de Vries | 2948 comments oh dear, will I manage to deal with the same story once more.... questions, questions

message 3: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 4 stars

Timelord Iain | 18026 comments Mod
The reviews are promising... Zoe was off doing her own things enough that isn't a complete rehash...

message 4: by Barry (new)

Barry (boprawira) | 1184 comments I'll lurk around the thread to see if I'll be interested to pick it up.

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 1818 comments I'll try to join. *looking at the date*

I will read three books at the same time LOL

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 1818 comments 10% in, starting chapter 3.

The first few pages are so YA but the rest are pretty good. I miss Hickory and Dickory.

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 1818 comments Part 1 finished (32%)

I am enjoying this. The tale of the Obin almost made me cry. I think it is a good thing we have Zoe's POV since she had both access to the common colonists as well as the authority, i.e. her parents.

There were some YA puppy love moments but none too annoying and you can easily skim through them.

Beste | 1163 comments Oh dear... I totally forgot this one. I'll definitely drop Mieville and add this to BR tracker.

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 1818 comments What...don't drop Mieville! I think anything he writes would be better than this book :p

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 1818 comments 76%. Well, okay this book has become unputdownable. It was not like that when I read The Last Colony.

(view spoiler)

message 11: by Barry (new)

Barry (boprawira) | 1184 comments Hmm ... I’m intrigued so it’s not just full retelling? Also it’s better than the previous 2 books ... But I’m still gonna leave this for the last I think. I just have too many other commitments for this month. 😑

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 1818 comments It is definitely not full retelling. I am putting this aside for a while since I am reading Revenant Gun. Hopefully more will join in the meantime.

message 13: by Silvana (last edited Jun 15, 2018 06:53AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 1818 comments Finished. I liked it much better than the previous one.

(view spoiler)

Uh, where is everyone? It's funny me monologuing here since I was not among who committed to BR with the June 10th schedule LOL

Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy this as much as I did and see you in the Human Division thread.

message 14: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 4 stars

Timelord Iain | 18026 comments Mod
I barely realized this was covering much of the same events as the last book... Zoe went off on so many side adventures her parents didn't know about...

(view spoiler)

I kinda wanted to continue on and see what happened next once it was over...

(view spoiler)

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 1818 comments And those adventures are much more exciting than her parents'. Although I found the (view spoiler)a bit random/weird.

message 16: by Mayim (new) - rated it 1 star

Mayim de Vries | 2948 comments So sorry to be off the radar but my GR notifications went wild and I forgot about this thread. For me, the book was an expected letdown. I will continue to the Human Division but honestly just for the sake of finishing the series.