YW Adelaide discussion

Locations and Dates > The Girl With All the Gifts Meet Up

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mel (new)

Mel (animelanie) | 33 comments Mod
Hi everyone,

Just thought I would put some suggestions about when and where to next meet so we can discuss 'The Girl with all the Gifts'.

I believe the majority of us present at the last discussion indicated that later June would be better, so the dates could be:
16/17 June
23/24 June
(all Saturdays and Sundays)

We also said about working our way through/around Adelaide for hotels/pubs, I have quickly found a really cool looking place in the city - Benjamin on Franklin. It's open all weekend, has some nice looking menu items and the place looks kinda cool, plus it's in the city but not right in the centre, so should be easy enough to get to. Have a look and let me know what you think: http://benjaminonfranklin.com.au/. Otherwise, suggestions welcome.

I have checked out the Mockingbird lounge, think we could get there at some point, but not for this discussion. Will chat to the group about it next time I see you all =)

Ok, back to my assignment which is killing me,
Cheers
Mel

message 2: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 25 comments Mod
I can do any of the dates you listed so whatever suits the group. The Benjamin on Franklin is really nice and accessible in terms of city parking so I'm happy to meet there.

message 3: by Chantel (new)

Chantel | 14 comments I'm good for either weekend, but would prefer 23/24 (mostly to give me a bit of extra time to read haha), I'm happy with whatever the consensus is though.

The Benjamin on Franklin sounds good to me! I'm happy with that!

Also, thanks for doing some recon and scouting for locations, Mel :)

message 4: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Marie | 25 comments Hi,
I can either of those dates. I am happy with 23/24 (gives me time without the kids lol).

The Benjamin on Franklin suits me too. Easy to get to on public transport :)

message 5: by Adele (new)

Adele (Adele_reads) | 33 comments Mod
Happy with any of the dates. Picked up the book yesterday :) excited to read it

message 6: by Mel (new)

Ok, so I'm sensing the 23rd and 24th are more popular, and I've checked a few things with Benjamin on Franklin, the main thing is we have to book a table - so we need to select which of the 23rd and 24th we'd prefer, and I'll book a table. It would be great to know how many of us will be attending as well, so would people be ok to vote for their preferred date here and then essentially once we've selected, RSVP to confirm you are attending, to ensure we book for the right amount?

As such, can you please respond by the end of this week as to your preferred date?

Cheers
Mel

message 7: by Chantel (new)

Chantel | 14 comments At this stage I can do either date, but 24th is preferred for me.

message 8: by Kyle (new)

Sunday 24th June is easier for me but if possible, after 1pm as I have work in the morning.

Thank you for organising this Mel :)

message 9: by Dragana (new)

Dragana | 5 comments Hi all!

Thanks Mel for organising this all, I won't be able to make the 24th! I picked up the book yesterday and keen to get started nonetheless!

:)

message 10: by Mel (new)

Hi all!

I have to apologise - our internet at home has been down for almost a week, just back on today, and some things have come up in the meantime, and I'd like to see if everyone might be ok with changing the potential date from the June dates (23rd and 24th) to July 1st, which is a Sunday.

Again, replies to confirm if you can attend on the 1st would be helpful, I'm thinking 12.30 or 1pm, that way we can have lunch and chat.

Btw, my assignments are all done for the semester, I've read the book and can't wait to chat about it!!! Hope you're all good =)

Cheers!
Mel

message 11: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 25 comments Mod
Hi Mel, I'm fine with July the 1st

message 12: by Kyle (new)

July 1st is better for me as we are moving house on the 23/24th now.

Thank you for organising Mel.

message 13: by Adele (new)

Adele (Adele_reads) | 33 comments Mod
The 1st is fine as well :) hope everyone is well.

message 14: by Chantel (new)

Chantel | 14 comments July 1st works for me! See you all then :)

message 15: by Mel (last edited Jun 18, 2018 03:46AM) (new)

Excellent! Thanks everyone, so I'm confirming that we will next catch up on the 1st of July at 12.30 (can push to later if needed). We will be meeting at Benjamin on Franklin in the city.

I will call tomorrow and book a table for us - happy reading!

Cheers
Mel

message 16: by Mel (new)

Hi everyone,

We are booked for 12.30pm on the 1st of July at Benjamin on Franklin, booking is under Mel/book club.

Can't wait, will be great to see you all and to discuss the book!

Cheers
Mel