Kenyons Minions discussion

Darkfever (Fever, #1)
This topic is about Darkfever
Darkfever BOTM

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carlena, Pumpkin Pie/Care Bear (new) - rated it 4 stars

Carlena | 1753 comments MacKayla Lane’s life is good. She has great friends, a decent job, and a car that breaks down only every other week or so. In other words, she’s your perfectly ordinary twenty-first-century woman. Or so she thinks…until something extraordinary happens.

When her sister is murdered, leaving a single clue to her death–a cryptic message on Mac’s cell phone–Mac journeys to Ireland in search of answers. The quest to find her sister’s killer draws her into a shadowy realm where nothing is as it seems, where good and evil wear the same treacherously seductive mask. She is soon faced with an even greater challenge: staying alive long enough to learn how to handle a power she had no idea she possessed–a gift that allows her to see beyond the world of man, into the dangerous realm of the Fae….

As Mac delves deeper into the mystery of her sister’s death, her every move is shadowed by the dark, mysterious Jericho, a man with no past and only mockery for a future. As she begins to close in on the truth, the ruthless Vlane–an alpha Fae who makes sex an addiction for human women–closes in on her. And as the boundary between worlds begins to crumble, Mac’s true mission becomes clear: find the elusive Sinsar Dubh before someone else claims the all-powerful Dark Book–because whoever gets to it first holds nothing less than complete control of the very fabric of both worlds in their hands….

message 2: by Carlena, Pumpkin Pie/Care Bear (new) - rated it 4 stars

Carlena | 1753 comments Thread closed till August 1, 2014

message 3: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shari-amor | 5275 comments Ok I will be taking over as discussion leader for Carlena aka Pumpkin Pie. I've read this series a few times as it is one of my favourites. I'm a huge fan of Karen Moning. Definitely right next to Kenyon for me. I will be rereading Bloodfever and will give commentary as I go. I hope you all join in for this BOTM, whether it's to ask questions, give your opinions and insights, it's welcomed.

Myst | 734 comments Just spotted this thread...I want to read this, but I think I need to stick with my current TBR pile, I did stick it on my tbr pile for next year hopefully.

message 5: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shari-amor | 5275 comments Get to it when ya can. It's a very good serious. And about time you get to it all books will be out by then. The last two books in the Fever universe will release next year. Perfect timing for you ^_^

Myst | 734 comments Yea, it's wishful thinking I'll get to it next year...

Patricia Briggs (my library all)
Moon Called
Blood Bound
Iron Kissed
Silver Borne
River Marked
Frost Burned
Night Broken
~~~
Cry Wolf
Hunting Ground
Fair Game

J.D. Robb (30+ books)

Jeffrey Deaver
The Bone Collector
The Coffin Dancer
The Empty Chair
The Stone Monkey
The Vanished Man
The Twelfth Card
The Cold Moon
The Broken Window
The Burning Wire
The Kill Room
The Skin Collector

Jeff Lindsay
Darkly Dreaming Dexter
Dearly Devoted Dexter
Dexter in the Dark
Dexter By Design
Dexter is Delicous
Double Dexter
Dexter's Final Cut

Alex Kava

Carrie Vaughn

Maryjanice Davidson
undead and unwed, undead and unemployed, undead and unappreciated, undead and unreturnable, undead and unpopular, undead and uneasy, undead and unworthy, undead and unwelcome, undead and unfinished, undead and undermined, undead and unstable, undead and underwater, undead and unsure, undead and unwary

Game of Thrones

Iron Druid?

Tanya Huff
ILL: blood trail (2)
blood lines, blood pact, blood debt, blood bank

-smoke series
smoke and shadows, smoke and mirrors, smoke and ashes

Kim Newman

Gena Showalter

Jeaniene Frost

Karen Chance

cassandra clare?

Rachael Caine?

Faith Hunter
-Jane Yellowrock

Chloe Neill

Lilith Saintcrow

Joey W. Hills

Vampire Files
Many Bloody returns
ILL: Dark Road Rising -P.N. Elrod
Strange Brew, My big fat supernatural honeymoon, dark and stormy knights (friend)

Flight of the Eagles
friend all: The Gates of Neptune (2)
HC: The Sword of Camelot (3), The Caves that Time Forgot (4), Winged Raiders of the Desert (5), Empress of the Underworld (6), Voyage of the Dolphin (7), Attack of the Amazons (8), Escape with the Dream Maker (9), The Final Kingdom (10)

Immortal Witches -maggie shayne
My library 1
ILL: 2, 3

(friend)wings of the night - shayne
two by twilight, blue twilight, twilight prophecy, twilight fulfilled, vacation with a vampire, bloodline

moon fever, mark of the witch -shayne - friend

Covert 1 novels

Love comes softly

chelsea quinn yarbro
ILL: 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 21, 26
My library: 3, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 22, 23, 24, 25
Friend: 9

Holly Black - Curse Workers

Harry Connolly

karen marie morning

message 7: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shari-amor | 5275 comments Oh my goodness. You've got a lot of reading to do. That list looks like it goes on and on. Depending on how fast or slow a reader you are, you probably won't get to it until late next year

Myst | 734 comments This year I'm aiming for 175-200 books. That list is over 200 so I'm hoping a series or 2 just doesn't appeal and I can drop 4-20 books off the list at a time.

I won't be reading in the order listed, more like whatever is available at libraries during any given week. I've found half the time a book I expected to check out is either misshelved or checked out minutes before I got to the library so I tend to take a list of 5+ books as backups.

Those flight of the eagles books are a youth series at about 200 pages each so I possibly could read all of them in a week. Tanya Huff's books aren't all that long either so again a day or less each.

The ladies at the reference desk will probably be seeing a lot of me again as there's at least 11 ILL's on that list.

And that list doesn't even include new releases, impulse reads, read-a-longs, challenges or kindle books (library or my 800+ freebies).