Kenyons Minions discussion

Upon the Midnight Clear (Dark-Hunter, #12; Dream-Hunter, #2)
This topic is about Upon the Midnight Clear
Upon the Midnight Clear BOTM

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carlena, Pumpkin Pie/Care Bear (new) - added it

Carlena | 1753 comments Ever think Scrooge had it right before the ghosts ruined his life? Meet Aidan O'Conner.
At one time he was a world-renowned celebrity who gave freely of himself and his money without wanting anything in return...until those around him took without asking. Now Aidan wants nothing of the world--or anyone who's a part of it.

When a stranger appears at his doorstep, Aidan knows he's seen her before…in his dreams.

Born on Olympus as a goddess, Leta knows nothing of the human world. But a ruthless enemy has driven her from the world of dreams and into the home of the only man who can help her: Aidan. Her immortal powers are derived from human emotions--and his anger is just the fuel she needs to defend herself…

One cold winter's night will change their lives forever…
Trapped together in a brutal winter storm, Aidan and Leta must turn to the only power capable of saving them--or destroying them both: trust.

message 2: by Carlena, Pumpkin Pie/Care Bear (new) - added it

Carlena | 1753 comments Some general questions to help incite discussion. Feel free to answer as many as you'd like.

•Did you enjoy the book? Why? Why not?

•Did you feel that the book fulfilled your expectations? Were you disappointed?

•What did you think of the characters? Could you relate to them or no?
- Who were your favorite characters?
- Who were your least favorite characters?

message 3: by Carlena, Pumpkin Pie/Care Bear (new) - added it

Carlena | 1753 comments Thread closed until August 1, 2014

message 4: by Jae' (new) - added it

Jae' Enjoying this Dream Hunter story better than the first one so far.

message 5: by Jae' (new) - added it

Jae' The fact that Aidan is a human has my curiosity churning.

message 6: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shari-amor | 5271 comments Glad you're liking this one better. Is it wrong that I loved the villains in here!? I love a really good villain

message 7: by Jae' (new) - added it

Jae' Not at all... I'm still early in, so I haven't gotten a feel for him yet.

message 8: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shari-amor | 5271 comments Aidan still up in his cabin in the middle of nowhere!?

message 9: by Jae' (new) - added it

Jae' yep

message 10: by Jae' (new) - added it

Jae' ok... this is my 3rd time re read :-/

message 11: by Jae' (new) - added it

Jae' I'm done!!!

message 12: by Jae' (last edited Aug 27, 2014 06:19PM) (new) - added it

Jae' I didn't enjoy the book. I zoned in and out throughout it. So I didn't identify with any of the characters. I didn't know that the villain died or who killed him.

message 13: by Charlotte, Cheesy Cakes (new) - rated it 3 stars

Charlotte (charkro) | 1786 comments This wasn't one of my favorite books. I'll admit, for me the best part of the book was the bonus at the end, where we got to catch up on some of the characters in the DH world. (Best scene: Sin and Katra with Artemis. Yeah, I think that if I were Sin, I'd be that juvenile too, lol.)

Reading it again, though, I did like it better. An interesting jaunt into the dream realm, to say the least. I did like Leta and Aiden, even though their story happened a bit fast for my personal liking. It was good to see a different side of M'Adoc, after reading The Dream Hunter.

Donnie ... yeah, he was a real piece of work, wasn't he?

message 14: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shari-amor | 5271 comments Yes it was good to see another side to M'Adoc. Man, he was a jerk in Dream Hunter. I guess being around Kyrian showed him some humility even though they aren't 'suppose' to have emotions.

message 15: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new) - rated it 2 stars

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Charlotte we are of one mind sometimes. As I too enjoyed the ending with the meet up of all the other characters. Even liked it came full circle about Delphine and her mom and stuff. That was sweet. But yea the overall story was another eye glazer for me as well.

As for M'Adoc revealing another side. I think I sorta saw the softer side of him in Zarek's book. When he helped Astrid see Zarek's past when he was asleep. Cause even though he didn't give a lot of feelings away. You can tell he had enough care and concern for her to even want to do that for her. And even give her more of the sleeping aid so that she could show Zarek what the 'good' life is all about. I still love his attempt at eating a caramel apple with fangs lol. I have such a precious mental image of him(big hulking badass) trying that with his silver claws on too and being bested by the apple in my mind lol.

message 16: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shari-amor | 5271 comments Delphine!? She was in here!? I thought the meet up was another book!? I think that's in the next dream hunter book, Dream Warrior. Lol Cherale.

message 17: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new) - rated it 2 stars

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Oh haha your right. But I mean we meet her mom and then yea they meet up and what not, lol. I got it mixed up. I tell ya when I'm not into a book that well I really mix things up.

message 18: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shari-amor | 5271 comments Hahaha no kidding but yes it does make you wonder at least about those who hurt Leta's family

message 19: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new) - rated it 2 stars

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments No kidding. But when it comes down to getting back at each other. Can anybody do it better than the Gods?

message 20: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shari-amor | 5271 comments They'd had lots of practice

message 21: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new) - rated it 2 stars

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Ain't that for sure. All Stars of the drama.

message 22: by Charlotte, Cheesy Cakes (new) - rated it 3 stars

Charlotte (charkro) | 1786 comments Lol, that is so true, All-Stars of the drama. Interesting, isn't it, how these ancient beings are so ... well, immature? I swear, high school drama has nothing on these pantheons with their scheming, backstabbing, and paybacks. XD

Yeah, you're right, Dhfan. We did see a softer side of M'Adoc in Zarek's book (and I do like that image of Zarek trying to eat a caramel apple, lol), as well as in Leta's story. Which is why I was shocked when I read The Dream Hunter and saw that nasty side of him, but at least he's not that bad in the other books. =)

message 23: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new) - rated it 2 stars

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments But what amazes me though. Is that although I don't like much drama in my own personal life. I live for it in these greek stories. I mean just to read about a goddess turning some poor woman into a insect cause she was better at weavin than said goddess. Or the story of Eros and his wife. It's just so awesome to me.

Oh definitely. And that is why I think it amazed me too to see M'Adoc's dark side come ot in Dream Warrior. As he didn't have much reason to show it before really. But then, it was just like wow. But hey he's a God too, so shouldn't be surprised that he would have a side that doesn't like being ruffled either.