2022 & 2023 Reading Challenge discussion

Oliver Twist
This topic is about Oliver Twist
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2018 > Oliver Twist

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary Pat (last edited Jun 04, 2018 01:16PM) (new)

Mary Pat | 2186 comments This thread is to discuss Charles Dickens‘s book, Oliver Twist.

***Please remember to mark spoilers.***

Participants: EIrelyn, Ilona, Alexxy, Ellen, Miranda

message 2: by Mary Pat (new)

Mary Pat | 2186 comments Suggested break down of reading so that you can check in and let us know how you're doing. The following breakdown is purely a suggestion and is therefore not set in stone.

Rather than putting dates for each section I've done it so that it takes into account that not everybody will necessarily have the book at the same time.

Week 1: 152
Week 2: 152
Week 3: 152
Week 4: 152

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1244 comments Thanks, Mary Pat. :D

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1244 comments I'm through chapter 25, and this book is a bit of a chore. There are so many characters with very little development. I want to care about Oliver and what happens to him, but there is so much extraneous prose to sift through in order to get to the heart of the story. I'm nearly halfway through and honestly don't see it getting much better, but I'll trudge on.

How's everyone else doing?

Miranda | 77 comments Can I add myself to this buddy read? Oliver Twist is on my personal booklist for the year!

message 6: by Mary Pat (new)

Mary Pat | 2186 comments Miranda wrote: "Can I add myself to this buddy read? Oliver Twist is on my personal booklist for the year!"

Hi, Miranda! You can join any buddy read at any time but I have added you to the list of participants!

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1244 comments I have finished...and reviewed:
(view spoiler)

message 8: by Ilona, Global Moderator (last edited Jun 09, 2018 07:35AM) (new) - added it

Ilona | 4210 comments I completely forgot that I joined this buddy read! I usually have an up to date list in my member corner, but this one slipped through somehow.

Luckily I am on track with my reading for this month, so I likely have time to read Oliver Twist towards the end of June!

message 9: by Justicia (new)

Justicia | 21 comments I'd like to join.
Just starting Oliver Twist.
I have always wanted to read but never got myself to it.

message 10: by Ilona, Global Moderator (new) - added it

Ilona | 4210 comments Unfortunately I did not get around to reading this. About a week ago, I tried reading a couple of pages, but I was too tired and the first chapter too boring so I quit.
I think this might be the first time that I failed to read a Buddy Read book, sorry girls!

Jen from Quebec :0) (muppetbaby99) | 24 comments IS THIS STILL GOING ON?? Just *TODAY* I found a copy of 'Oliver Twist' that I did not even know I owned, in a box at my parent's house! So, it feels rather serendipitous that a message about this buddy read popped up just now on my thread....strange! Meant to be, perhaps?! --Jen from Quebec :0)

Miranda | 77 comments Hey Jennifer!

I don’t know if this buddy read is still going on but I’m still reading Oliver Twist! I’m only about halfway through if you’d like to discuss with each other!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Oliver Twist (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Charles Dickens (other topics)