Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Iodine: Why You Need It, Why You Can't Live Without It
This topic is about Iodine
Book Issues > Tried to add a newer edition, now there's a duplicate record

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Monica P | 24 comments I didn't know there was a manual for adding, etc., so I clicked add an edition and only updated required fields and fields that were different from the earlier edition. Since the isbn was the same, I didn't add it, thinking it would overlay and all would be well. Instead, I was met with an additional record, which makes me so sad! The two records are here: https://www.goodreads.com/search?utf8...

message 2: by Banjomike (last edited Jul 30, 2014 03:00PM) (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments It looks like it should be an edition in its own right so you probably did it OK. The combine feature is currently "temporarily disabled while we conduct some maintenance" so there is no rush.

EDIT: I've added a cover. Are you saying that all four editions have the same ISBN?

message 3: by Monica (last edited Jul 30, 2014 03:10PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Monica P | 24 comments The 4th edition I have in hand has the same isbn as the existing record for the 2nd edition. I cannot vouch for other editions, but I assume so.

message 4: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Monica wrote: "The 4th edition I have in hand has the same isbn as the existing record for the 2nd edition. I cannot vouch for other editions, but I assume so."

Fair enough. They cannot be combined until the maintenance run is over.

message 5: by Koenraad (new)

Koenraad (koenraadkelemen) | 4998 comments Combine done.

Monica P | 24 comments Thank you both!