Play Book Tag discussion

Three Sisters, Three Queens (The Plantagenet and Tudor Novels, #8)
This topic is about Three Sisters, Three Queens
Archive: Other Books > Three Sisters, Three Queens - Philippa Gregory - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kelly | 848 comments Three Sisters, Three Queens is a novel following Princess Margaret Tudor. Her sister is Princess Mary, and her sister-in-law is King Henry’s wife Katherine. The three women are friends, but also rivals. They suffer similar tragedies and successes, but at different times. This is a historical fiction story, and the women’s main communication is through letters. We see the deaths of husbands, love, war, issues with money and how their relationships with King Henry change based on his personal needs.

Princess Margaret starts off as an unlikable child set to marry the King of Scotland in an arranged marriage to ensure peace between England and Scotland. She is spoiled and image is very important to her. We see Margaret mature as she goes older. She faces many obstacles while she tries to protect her son. Katherine is steady in her belief that she should be Queen of England. Mary is the beauty of the family who does not want to lose support. They are the only ones who can truly understand each other even if they are not always in agreement. Phillips Gregory created strong characters in these women and it is a well written book.

message 2: by Magdalena (new)

Magdalena | 414 comments Great review! I've been thinking I might make this my next Gregory book but I always have a hard time deciding since they all look interesting to me!