Silver Shadows (Bloodlines, #5) Silver Shadows discussion

Who do you think took Jill?

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marina (new) - added it

Marina Bailey I think the Alchemists, they are mad at Lissa for her decision of keeping Sydney. What better way of getting Sydney back than dethroning Lissa or using Jill as a bargain (Sydney for Jill)

Kathy I've got this theory, that Jill was token by Alicia. It was mentioned that a blond girl with glasses asked for Sydney the description is fitting. Plus, Alicia can make herself invisible that would explain Jill's mysterious disappearing.

Ovidio Perez Marina wrote: "I think the Alchemists, they are mad at Lissa for her decision of keeping Sydney. What better way of getting Sydney back than dethroning Lissa or using Jill as a bargain (Sydney for Jill)"

I'm with my home girl Marina and say it was the Alchemists doing. It is the perfect bargaining chip to get back Sydney. Kind of like you give us Sydney and we give you back Jill. Ah hell nah, Sydney isn't going down without a fight or so I hope... >.<"

Chelsi Yeah, I initially thought it was the Alchemists too but who knows? Richelle may take another route, something that's completely unexpected by everyone. I would much prefer to be surprised.
For all I know, Kathy could be right too. :/

S.L.J. Alicia. Just look at the blurb for The Ruby Circle. It's obvious.

message 6: by Brisaea (last edited Jul 31, 2014 09:50AM) (new) - added it

Brisaea I believe it's Alicia.
After a careful deliberation, I deduced that the blond girl with the glasses can only be her. Inserting that girl earlier in the story made sense only if she was to be introduced again later on in the story. (It meant that inserting her is important and could be viewed as one of the crucial parts in the story. Connecting that with Jill's kidnapping shows that it is to give way for a smoother transition to the next book.) Not doing that in the span of this book meant that she would be a player - major player, by the look of it at the end - in the last book. And if she is indeed Alicia, whom Sydney predicted before would come back again and seek revenge, then she would be either one of the antagonists in The Ruby Circle or she is THE antagonist.

message 7: by JJ (last edited Jul 31, 2014 02:00PM) (new)

JJ Well this is the last book so I'd like to believe that there will be a conspiracy of sorts. Let's recap Sydney's enemies:

1. Alchemist
2. Warriors of Light
3. Alchemist & Warrior's of light (There was some talk in the Indigo Spell about a person they were looking for)
4. Alicia
5. Robert (I don't know, I think he still has a vendetta)
6. Tasha (Not her personally but remember that she was at the Alchemist's place for some reason that was never given.)

One thing is for sure, it was not Strigoi because had that been the case Angeline would not be alive. Given that the title of the next book is "Ruby Circle" makes me be more inclined towards witches but then again a circle usually means group of people with a common goal. So maybe be it's #3 & #4 joined forces.

Saidah Gilbert JJ wrote: "Well this is the last book so I'd like to believe that there will be a conspiracy of sorts. Let's recap Sydney's enemies:

1. Alchemist
2. Warriors of Light
3. Alchemist & Warrior's of light (There..."

I don't think it would be Robert (if you mean Victor's half-brother), he would most likely go after Rose and Dmitri. They dumped him at the side of the road if I remember correctly.

On the other hand, Sydney DOES have a lot of enemies, huh.

message 9: by JJ (new)

JJ Sam wrote: "I don't think it would be Robert (if you mean Victor's half-brother), he would most likely go after Rose and Dmitri..."

True but he met Sydney and Jill and he's not exactly stable. So who knows how he thinks.

message 10: by Aria (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aria Love I feel like the Alchemist taking her would be pointless. It would start a war (kidnapping the princess!?!?!?) just for Sydney. Plus there was that woman who came to speak with Adrian and Sydney, so I think it's Alicia!

The Angry Lawn Gnome I like the idea of Alicia, except how would Alicia have known exactly who Jill is and what she means?

The Angry Lawn Gnome S.L.J. wrote: "Alicia. Just look at the blurb for The Ruby Circle. It's obvious."

Went and looked. Yep, it is Alicia. Gotta be. viz:

(view spoiler)

Marina Z. I would just like to say, that your title for this discussion is a big spoiler.

Bookfanic I would say Alicia or The Alchemists

Star-Crazy 14 It is so Alicia. They never found her body in that fire. She has platinum blonde hair and she's the only 'old' nemesis that Sydney has.

Jennifer Marina wrote: "I would just like to say, that your title for this discussion is a big spoiler."

Yeah I agree the title should just say ABOUT JILL? SPOILERS

I accidentally saw this before I had finished.

But now that I'm done I'd say yeah definitely Alicia based off The Ruby Circle synopsis.

Angelik Marina wrote: "I would just like to say, that your title for this discussion is a big spoiler."

Agree. I knew Jill will be taken before reading the book because I was just navigating the page to see some reviews before buying the book.

Mirou Naaah, I think that it's ALICIA the evil witch from Indigo Spell, that took Jill. I'm 80% sure it's her according to the plot of the Ruby Circle !
Check here : https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Saidah Gilbert Even if it's Alicia, I don't think it was she who did the actual kidnapping unless she gassed the whole building and compelled Jill to walk out by herself. Most likely this was a collaboration effort between Alicia and another group or it was really the Alchemists/Warriors of Light and Alicia would take advantage of their connection to both Adrian and Sydney.

Mirou Sam wrote: "Even if it's Alicia, I don't think it was she who did the actual kidnapping unless she gassed the whole building and compelled Jill to walk out by herself. Most likely this was a collaboration effo..."

Rose said that she disappeared while Angeline was in her room. For me, it can be only an act of a witch. Besides, we do know that Alicia is really powerful.
Though, I agree with you idea about an alliance with the Alchemist/Warrior of light.

Better, I'm picturing a twist in the plot, at the end : Alicia who wants Sydney dead but not the Alchemists so she turns against them and then Sydney is going to save their asses. As a consequence, this one will be able to discuss her "freedom".

Nikita It has to be either the Alchemists or Alicia.

message 22: by Lili (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lili Alicia. They did say it was like magic or whatever that Jill just disappeared. With Angeline in the same room.

message 23: by RJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

RJ Lekgau The thing I like/hate about Richelle Mead is that you think one thing is going to happen then bam! Something else, you could find out the alchemist are working with Alicia (just joking).
And I find it odd that the alchemist have had history with human magic users. Maybe that would be explained in the next book, which is too far for my liking.

message 24: by Zayna (last edited Aug 09, 2014 09:51AM) (new) - added it

Zayna It's obviously Alicia for God's sakes in The Indigo Spell at the end it said that they didn't find any bodies in the house, a blonde with glasses was looking for Sydney and Adrian only, and by Rose's and Dimitri's message at the end of Silver Shadows "Jill disappeared like magic" after she and Angelina went to bed. If a Alchemist or Moroi took her then Angelina would have woken up and beat the living crap out of them. Come on people you don't have to read The Ruby Circle's summary to get it by now.

S.L.J. Alicia doesn't strike me as the type of person that works with others and if she does it won't be for very long. She'll use them to get what she wants and then turn around and betray them like she did Veronica.

And I don't think that she can drain Moroi because their power is different to witches. Jill is just the bait to get Sydney to come to her.

message 26: by Hannah (last edited Aug 11, 2014 12:47PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hannah I think that the alchemists definitely took Jill. Not only would this get back at Sydney, but it would get to the moroi. Already they've been turned down and had too many problems with Lissa as queen. By taking Jill they could potentially disrupt the moroi government because if the public found out that Jill was taken, Lissa would be overthrown. By now we know from Silver Shadows that the alchemists hatred of the moroi goes a lot deeper than we first thought. If they can ruin the government of the moroi it will make them more vulnerable to the alchemists and allow them to take over or destroy the moroi completely.

S.L.J. Isha wrote: "Sam wrote: "JJ wrote: "Well this is the last book so I'd like to believe that there will be a conspiracy of sorts. Let's recap Sydney's enemies:

1. Alchemist
2. Warriors of Light
3. Alchemist & Wa..."

I think Robert is probably muttering to himself in a rubber room by now. He was pretty far gone back in the VA series and that was before he restored Sonya.

By now I think he's as fried as Avery.

message 28: by JJ (new)

JJ IDK, if we are theorizing, it could be possible that Robert taught Nina how to restore a Strigoi or he did it himself for her. If that were the case then Nina would be in debt to Robert and who knows from there. Or maybe he was captured by the Alchemist &/or WoL.

The reason why I bring that up is because if VA is any indication then then the least expected are guilty (I mean really, how many thought it would be Tasha). That and Robert still seems to me like a loose end.

message 29: by S.L.J. (last edited Aug 11, 2014 11:46PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

S.L.J. JJ wrote: "IDK, if we are theorizing, it could be possible that Robert taught Nina how to restore a Strigoi or he did it himself for her. If that were the case then Nina would be in debt to Robert and who kn..."

Maybe he'll show up if RM does another spin-off.

Ilisha Kathy wrote: "I've got this theory, that Jill was token by Alicia. It was mentioned that a blond girl with glasses asked for Sydney the description is fitting. Plus, Alicia can make herself invisible that would ..."

im sorry i forgot who was alicia

message 31: by Marina (new) - added it

Marina Bailey The witch in Indigo Spell

message 32: by Lili (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lili The true evil witch, Veronica's apprentice, platinum hair, hipster glasses

message 33: by Veronica (last edited Sep 24, 2014 06:29AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Veronica These are possible suspects.
Alchemists: they are privy to the working of moroi monarchy. But I doubt if they would risk kidnapping Jill for that. they could do more damage without kidnapping Jill. That does not mean they did not kidnap Jill.
Alicia: she could have. Since this is the last book and judging from how less has happened in terms of real action in the prior books, I feel it has to be a strong adversary. At the same time blood lines series is about witches so it is a possibility.
Alicia, warriors of light and alchemists could join forces. They would make a formidable team and book 6 will definitely go with a bang.
Strigoi: had it been them behind this, they would not have left with just one meal ticket.
Moroi: It's the time of vote and who else would be more interested in causing the removal of an upstart teenage queen than some rogue tradition happy moroi? My bet is on Nathan. Both his son and wife deserted him and so did his reputation.
As long as the book is fast paced, I am happy with any villain. Honestly, blood lines was stagnant at various stages. Unlike V A this series has a different undertone and I expect a lot from Mead.

Jenevi I'm all in for the alchemists. They r the only ones who know where exactly Jill is & the gases to keep Ang asleep during her capture. There obviously going to use Jill as a way to get Sydney. I feel like it's going to be Mori vs Alchemists in this last book. Also I feel like the title is only refuting to queen Tatiana's rubes. U know the ones that Adrian but in the ring.

Ovidio Perez I step in to tell people that it is every villain you could think of took a part in Jill kidnapping. It was all of them working together for a common goal to get rid of Sydney. No, not really, but wouldn't that be a surprise?! xD

Khione Someone who obviously is close to them.

Khione True.

Komal I think you are absolutely correct. that part was sort of spooky. I don't even know why.

message 39: by Kurt (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kurt Bartling Jill was taken by Alicia

KellAYE if alicia didn't take her, then it would be the Alchemists in retaliation of Sydney being granted asylum at Court more or less, or The Warriors of Light finally discovered the secret. I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 show up in the next book

Naomi M Probably one of the alchemist groups. That's my best guess.

Joseph Rouhana I have a theory that more then one person was involved in the kidnapping, I think many antagonists from earlier books have teamed up thus creating "the ruby circle" my best guess as to who these villains are is this : Alicia ( fits the description of the blonde girl) and the warriors of light ( If I remember correctly when Sidney was at the WoL headquarters she discovered there was someone they were looking for and she guessed it was Jill) and who knows maybe the alchemists teamed up with them too , but yea that's my best guess.

Joseph Rouhana Btw you guys it would mean a lot to me if you read my fanfic about bloodlines !! http://www.wattpad.com/59744701-the-o...

Moneke i think the alchemist or alicia.

Oliver  Quebedeaux ALCHEMIST!!!!!!!!!(I think that's how you spell it) I think they took her so they can trade Sydney and maybe Adrian back for Jill.