Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Crash Reader - seeks historical/political/spy fiction for beta or Crash Edit

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mark (last edited May 31, 2018 10:26AM) (new)

Mark | 10 comments I just Crash Edited a wonderful book "The Second Atlantis" - it has a great story so look for it on Shelves/Kindles near you. Now seeking first 20k of historical/political/mystery/spy non-fiction and fictions from 2000BC to 2000AD. I will fact check! And as the author of TSA will contest - I am brutal. I never met a passive voice I liked.

message 2: by Jenna (new)

Jenna Palmerini (JPalm) | 3 comments I am shoving my manuscript under the guillotine :o! My novel is an historical young women's (time jump) fiction about about a female half-Roman, half-African gladiator trainer in 78AD and a female archaeologist in present-day Pompeii/Naples. Their stories weave together and they will discover some millennia-old secrets.

Please let me know if you'd be interested!

Jenna

message 3: by Mark (new)

Mark | 10 comments I can do first 15k words. Word format if you want track changes and comments. Mchandeysson at gmail.

message 4: by Cimone (new)

Cimone Watson | 94 comments I don't have an HF, but I'm wondering: what is a crash edit?

message 5: by Mark (new)

Mark | 10 comments I guess I'm being overly dramatic. I will beta read and red line typos that I see, I will report beta things (did I like it, etc.) but will also identify problems from the Brandon Sanderson school of thought, which are (nutshell) define your reality and be consistent within it. Your character can fly? Great! Don't have him teleport later in the story. I am also big on believable character motivation. Anything is possible. Just define your reality. I hope this helps. (Disclaimer - Not a substitute for Paid Editorial Services.)

message 6: by William (new)

William Walters | 111 comments Hi, my name is Jim AKA William Walters my latest novel NewCastle is a 182030-word historical fiction/Family Saga about the Richards family led by the tyrannical Wilbur and his manipulative wife Aggatha. The novel follows the family from the period just after the Revolutionary War to the opening days of the Civil War. It is based on the massive plantation NewCastle in South Carolina. You can reach me at randelldenney@aol.com if you are interested in editing critique or Beta reads.