What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA romance: girl moves to Halifax (possibly Nova Scotia) to live with her grandmother for a summer

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kaeley (new)

Kaeley | 2 comments I read this book somewhere in 2014-2016. I’m pretty sure it was published in the 2010s, since it referenced newer technology, like iPhones. The girl (Haddie, Hadley, something like that) got in trouble with her parents and had to move to Halifax/Nova Scotia to live with her grandmother for the Summer. She gets a job at the country club (?) or some kind of restaurant and serves coffee to mostly elderly people. I’m pretty sure the cover of the book had a picture of a girl in a sun hat on the cover. Thanks!

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36637 comments Mod
Kaeley, can you tell us more about the cover image (e.g., is she sitting on the beach alone)?

Is there romance? If so, can you describe her romantic interest and how they meet?

message 3: by Kaeley (new)

Kaeley | 2 comments There is romance. She meets a British guy in the restaurant. I can’t remember if there’s anything on the cover. I think it’s a blank background with the girl in the sun hat.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40688 comments Mod
Kaeley, are you still looking for this or did you find it?