The Walt Longmire Book Series & TV Show Group discussion

Authors & More Books > What's on your nightstand?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brenda, Co-Moderator (new)

Brenda (butterflyprincess) | 212 comments Mod
Share what you're currently reading with the group and tell us your thoughts, so far!

message 2: by Kim (new)

Kim | 14 comments I'm currently finishing Frozen Heat (and need to do quickly, overdue at the library!). This is part of the Nikki Heat books that go with the Castle tv series. This is book number 4. I'm really enjoying this one, I think best of the bunch. Not sure who is actually writing these (behind "Richard Castle") but I think they are well done and someone would enjoy even if they didn't watch the show.

message 3: by Tammy, Moderator (new)

Tammy Hanson (sdflash32) | 23 comments Mod
Just finished Book 5 or the Harper Sloan series Corps Security, I have to wait for the 6th book to come out! Not sure what i'm reading next! The search it on tonight for my next book.

message 4: by Mark (new)

Mark | 34 comments I am reading The Serpents Tooth and also rereading The Inferno by Dante. Really enjoying both books.

message 5: by Tammy, Moderator (new)

Tammy Hanson (sdflash32) | 23 comments Mod
For all you Fifty Shades fans I have chosen to read the Hacked Series by Meredith Wild! I hope they are good !

message 6: by Susan (new)

Susan (mtnred) | 47 comments George Fischbeck's autobiography. Dr. Fischbeck had a kid's science show on the PBS station out of Albuquerque way back in the day. He was quite a role model for kids, even with the goofy bow ties and the mustache. I got his autograph when he came to judge our townwide science fair. He went on to be a big deal in TV news in Los Angeles.

message 7: by Susan (new)

Susan (mtnred) | 47 comments Sierra wrote: "I'm trying to get to Spider Women's Daughter by Anne Hillerman. Read all of her fathers book so want to see how she compares."

She's still a beginner at the craft. The plot is good, she weaves one of Tony's old stories in with the new one. It's told in Bernie's POV so there's no competitiion with her Dad's style. It's not as smooth as Dad, her newness at this shows, but it has promise.

message 8: by Susan (new)

Susan Stalnaker | 15 comments I'm finishing the latest CJ Box. I have enjoyed all 14 of his Joe Pickett series. I like him almost as much as Craig Johnson.

I'm also reading a collection of short stories by Jim Harrison and another collection by Dorothy M Johnson.

message 9: by Maranda (new)

Maranda Prigmore (anthrochick1931) I am in the process of reading Just Shoot Me by Becky McGraw. However, my next read is going to be Veronica Blake's book Black Horse

message 10: by Brenda, Co-Moderator (new)

At present time I am having trouble concentrating on reading...Too much pain! I broke my left foot for the second time in 8 months and there is muscle and tendon damage. I have nerve damage to my right foot and ankle from a previous back surgery so I wear a brace on my shoe so I do not trip on my own toes.

But once I can concentrate again I plan to continue reading the Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness, If I Stay (YA novel)by Gayle Forman and We Were Soldiers Once...And Young by Lt. Gen Harold G. Moore(Ret.) and Joseph L. Galloway which I have want to read for years. I enjoy reading and wish I could spin such wonderful stories other people can. Then of course there is the non-fiction/auto biography books which honestly I have difficulty reading.

So what is everyone else reading?

message 11: by Ron (last edited Aug 24, 2014 04:19PM) (new)

Ron (ronb626) | 19 comments Presently, The Dogs of Riga by Henning Mankell.

The Dogs of Riga (Kurt Wallander #2) by Henning Mankell

Also: The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie.

The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie

I just found out that my local library has a good amount of books from The Agatha Christie Mystery Collection. They all have the same cover and while I don't at this time really know how many of them they have, but, they do cover over a shelf and a half, and I'm going to read as many of them as I can. Especially the Poirot volumes.

message 12: by Brenda, Co-Moderator (new)

Ron wrote: "Presently, The Dogs of Riga by Henning Mankell.

The Dogs of Riga (Kurt Wallander #2) by Henning Mankell

Also: The Mysterious Affair at Styles by [author:Agatha Christie|123715..."

Wow have a good time reading them! That should take some time for you.

message 13: by Ron (new)

Ron (ronb626) | 19 comments About half way through The Mysterious Affair at Styles, but, just started The Dogs of Riga.

Have been looking forward to any Wallander for a while, now. And, intend on reading as much Poirot books as I can fit in, too.