What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Science Fiction: vietnam vet who is paralyzed from the waist down, he has a lady (prostitute) who comes over regularly

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by DropBear (new)

DropBear | 9 comments Hello Fellow Readers,
I am trying to recall the name of a Science Fiction book, I can give great details to this book so here goes. It initial start of the book is about a man who is a vietnam vet who is paralyzed from the waist down, he has a lady who comes over regularly but this time it's a different one. The man eventually after having this prostitute come over later sees lights on his lake, so he goes to investigate but finds a space ship and people getting on and off, he falls off his boat and almost dies but is rescued by the ship and is taken and has his legs fixed. He then if i recall right goes to fight for them because of his previous history in the military.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37538 comments Mod
When did you read this? What did the cover look like?

message 3: by DropBear (new)

DropBear | 9 comments Was in the last two years, and i cannot recall what the cover was, i can't recall if it was an ebook that i had read from a library or a book i had found at a book store, due to a long move i had to get rid of nearly all of my book collection (sad face).

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

DropBear, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 5: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2036 comments This reminds me of Alan Dean Foster's "A Call to Arms" in some ways (aliens recruit humans to fight for them and main character lives by the water) and but differs in several other ways (I don't think the main character of that book was a veteran).

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32062 comments Mod
A Call to Arms by Alan Dean Foster - Andy's suggestion

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "DropBear, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 3 years. Moving to Abandoned.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

A Call to Arms (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Alan Dean Foster (other topics)