Love Inspired Historicals discussion

Birthdays > June Birthdays LIH 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 64 (64 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Starting this thread early as I have a busy rest of the week and do not want to miss any birthdays. The list is of the birthdays that I have. If you know of any others please let us know.

June 6- Deanne
June 11- Angela and Mary Ann
June 15- Brenda Minton
June 22- Angie
June 23-Linda Ford
June 27-Cathy Hake
June 29- Joan

message 2: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Wow, almost June! I'll be here for the celebrations.

Catch some rest while you can, Melinda.

message 3: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Dorothy wrote: "Wow, almost June! I'll be here for the celebrations.

Catch some rest while you can, Melinda."

Thanks , Dorothy

message 4: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Cleaning up and setting up for our next birthday which is Wednesday , June 6. Meanwhile come check the June Q & A out . It starts on Monday, June 4. hope to see on there or back here for the birthdays.

message 5: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments It is time to hang our banners for our first June Birthday, pretty theme of salmon colors, .
Happy Birthday Deanne!
The tables are a combo of salmon/white delicate colors. tomorrow is a day filled with fellowship and great things to eat.

message 6: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments The coffeepots, and coffeepot with hot water for hot tea, are ready and on the timer. Lemonade is in the icebox along with milk and ice tea all versions. Hope you are all having good weather.

message 7: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments To go with the colors, I am putting on a peach pie with an open top so you can add ice cream or whip cream.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEANNE!
Have a wonderful day. Hope you have something special planned.

message 8: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Happy Birthday Deanne hope you have a wonderful birthday today.

message 9: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Happy birthday, Deanne. Have a lovely day!

I'm putting a rhubarb cake on the table. It may not match the banner and tablecloth colors but we have to make the cakes while the rhubarb is in season. :-)

message 10: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Dorothy wrote: "Happy birthday, Deanne. Have a lovely day!

I'm putting a rhubarb cake on the table. It may not match the banner and tablecloth colors but we have to make the cakes while the rhubarb is in season. :-)"

I have never had rhubarb cake just rhubarb pie. You are right have to make things when they are in season.

message 11: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments Happy birthday, Deanne! Hope your day was wonderful.

Yum, rhubarb cake. I love anything with rhubarb and have fond memories of my mom's rhubarb cake. Thank you for bringing it, Dorothy.

message 12: by MaryE (new)

MaryE Stifflemire | 499 comments Happy Birthday Deanne!! I hope you are having a wonderful day!! I brought some scones, fresh butter and homemade strawberry rhubarb jam to go on them.

message 13: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments MaryE wrote: "Happy Birthday Deanne!! I hope you are having a wonderful day!! I brought some scones, fresh butter and homemade strawberry rhubarb jam to go on them."

Must be rhubarb day. I will have to try your strawberry rhubarb jam.

message 14: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments I'm with you, Christine. I love anything with rhubarb. When I was a kid I would eat the raw stalks of rhubarb out of the garden.

When I make strawberry, rhubarb pies I use the extra filling I make for sauce over vanilla ice cream.

message 15: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Dorothy,
My dad still prefers rhubarb fresh out of the garden but we do not grow it here in south Mississippi. We grew it in Maryland.

message 16: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Melinda,
Rhubarb is not suited for hot weather. It likes to have its feet cold. :-)

message 17: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Dorothy wrote: "Melinda,
Rhubarb is not suited for hot weather. It likes to have its feet cold. :-)"

That is what Dad says. He misses having the plants in the garden.

message 18: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 679 comments MaryE wrote: "Happy Birthday Deanne!! I hope you are having a wonderful day!! I brought some scones, fresh butter and homemade strawberry rhubarb jam to go on them."

I love to make raspberry rhubarb jam also. Sounds delish!

message 19: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 679 comments Happy Belated Birthday, Deanne! Sorry to have missed it.

message 20: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Hi , everyone just popping in the let you Karen Kirst is answering question at the June Q & A as she had things happen and missed yesterday.

message 21: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Hanging banners in varying shades of rose for our next birthday, June 11.. I have cleaned thing up , The pots are refreshed and the timer set. The drinks refreshed and in the icebox.
I am putting on a platter of chocolate dipped strawberries on the table. Some are milk chocolate, some dark chocolate and the remainder white chocolate. Enjoy!

That means we can have fruit and chocolate . For those who can not eat chocolate or prefer not to , there is a separate platter of fresh strawberries.

Happy Birthday, Angela and Mary Ann!

message 22: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments and for those like me not eating chocolate and hating strawberries I will add a platter of chicken

message 23: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Ausjenny wrote: "and for those like me not eating chocolate and hating strawberries I will add a platter of chicken"

The chicken sounds good. I am going to add a vegetable tray with dips so we have a meal.

message 24: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Have any of you had a cols soup that you like?

message 25: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Happy birthday, Angela and Mary Ann! I hope you both have wonderful days. I'm adding fresh baked cinnamon rolls and sticky buns to the table. And I'm having a cup of tea.

I love the rose colors of the banners, Melissa!

message 26: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments Happy birthday, Angela and Mary Ann! I'm adding cupcakes in a variety of flavors.

message 27: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 679 comments Happy Birthday, Angela & Mary Ann!

message 28: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Deanne, Angela, and Mary Ann, I'm so sorry I missed your birthday's. I hope they were happy ones. 🎈

message 29: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Hanging the banners in a pretty shade of blue and almond for our birthday tomorrow "Happy Birthday Brenda Minton".

I have refreshed the drinks. I also have put blue and almond tablecloths on the tables. I am adding a blueberry pie on the table. It is made from fresh blueberries from our neighbor's blueberry bushes.

message 30: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Andrea wrote: "Deanne, Angela, and Mary Ann, I'm so sorry I missed your birthday's. I hope they were happy ones. 🎈"

Glad you pop in.

message 31: by MaryE (new)

MaryE Stifflemire | 499 comments Happy Belated Birthday Angela!
Happy Belated Birthday Mary Ann! I hope you both had wonderful days!!
Happy Birthday Brenda Minton!! I hope you are having a wonderful day!!
Thank you Ausjenny for the chicken plate, yummy! I've added some fresh cut up fruit and whole berries to the table!

message 32: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Happy Birthday Brenda. I am adding muffins to the table

message 33: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 679 comments Happy, Happy Birthday Brenda!! I made a cherry pie to bring with ice cream.

message 34: by Dorothy (last edited Jun 16, 2018 07:36AM) (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Happy Birthday, Brenda. Sorry I'm so late with my good wishes. We have been out of town celebrating our wedding anniversary and I had no computer access. I hope your day was wonderful!

message 35: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Happy Belated Birthday Brenda!
I hope you had a joy-filled day.

message 36: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Cleaning up and refreshing everything for our next birthdays. THE food looks good. There is some of ice cream in the freezer if you want some.

message 37: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Hanging new the banners of many shades of green for our next birthday on June 22.

message 38: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments I am putting a Lemon Streusel cake om the table.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANGIE! Hope you have a wonderful day. Do something that you like and do not get to do often.

message 39: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments Happy birthday, Angie! Hope it's a fabulous day. I've added strawberry shortcake since strawberries are just coming into season here.

message 40: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Happy Birthday, Angie! Hope you have a great birthday! I'm adding a coconut cake to the table.

message 41: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Happy Birthday Angie, adding a salted caramel cheesecake.

message 42: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 964 comments Happy Birthday, Angie! I'll add a bowl of Oregon berries! They are fresh and delicious!

message 43: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Adding purple banners to go with the green banners for our next birthday. Refreshed the drinks and straighten things up.

Our next birthday is June 23.
Happy birthday, Linda Ford!
Hope you have a wonderful and very special day!
I am adding blueberries straight from the garden. and blueberry muffins.

message 44: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Hope you have a wonderful birthday Linda. I am adding mini pizzas

message 45: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lyncote) | 1644 comments Mod
Melinda wrote: "Starting this thread early as I have a busy rest of the week and do not want to miss any birthdays. The list is of the birthdays that I have. If you know of any others please let us know.

June 6- ..."

I'm late chiming in BUT HAPPY BIRTHDAY OUR SWEET JUNE LADIES!!!

message 46: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Ausjenny wrote: "Hope you have a wonderful birthday Linda. I am adding mini pizzas"

The Mini Pizzas are good. Thanks for adding them.

message 47: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Happy Birthday, Angie! Sorry, I'm a day late.
Happy Birthday, Linda!

I put a bowl of sliced strawberries in the icebox, they are very good on top of ice cream!

I hope my internet keeps working for more than a few minutes. I've turned into a crazy woman arguing with my service provider. It goes out every time it rains. They keep telling me they need to send someone to check inside my house. This has been going on for years, it's never been a problem inside my house, it has always been the "neighborhood" box outside and down the road. Always. My neighbor actually had them to his house yesterday and was told, "it must be an outdoor issue."

I'm sorry I'm missing birthdays and other things. If I go missing, please know I am thinking of you.

message 48: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 679 comments Happy, Happy Birthday, Linda!!

message 49: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Happy birthday, Linda! Hope you have a wonderful day.

message 50: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 964 comments Happy Birthday, Linda! Hope it's fantastic!

« previous 1