What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Contemp. Fiction/set mid-1800’s. Girl grows up with dad in NE lighthouse.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SharonBBD (new)

SharonBBD (jaleni) | 1 comments She leaves ‘home’ engages in many coming of age experiences. First time sleeping in a tavern overnight etc. One significant, at least in my mind, is coming upon and possibly helping a young, escaped, female, slave. Think she eventually returns to lighthouse. Except for father and slave can’t remember any other relationships etc.

I read in early 2000’s so written prior but probably not before 1980.

The author is a siren with language. Recommended to friends: nah, they don’t remember either, and described her prose as ‘lyrical’. I THINK her initials are S.N. Her first name seems to me culturally derived...maybe Sil.. or Sob... I know I wasn’t pronouncing it correctly.

Bless y’all for helping me.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36623 comments Mod
SharonBBD, I moved your request to the "Unsolved" folder because you're looking for a specific book.

message 3: by David (new)

David Dickason | 11 comments this sounds like it could be elements from Ahab's Wife by Sena Jeter Naslund and Christopher Wormell
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7...

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40687 comments Mod
SharonBBD, was your book Ahab's Wife, or The Star-Gazer or are you still looking?