Clean Romances discussion

Welcome!! > New here.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2 comments Hi everyone! You have no idea how excited I am to have found this group!
I love books but searching for ones without graphic description are HARD! I’m no prude but I personally feel once the characters hit the bed, I don’t need a play by play on the specifics, I know how it’s done, the same way we all know the characters must use the bathroom but we don’t need the specifics ;)
Thanks for creating a group for all the happy balance books x

message 2: by Lynne (new)

Lynne Stringer | 171 comments Hey there! Nice to meet you. :-)

message 3: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 249 comments Welcome, Michelle. You'll find it easier to find clean books here, you can either take a look at profiles of those who post here and see if they are authors (they will be clean writers) or go to the Bookshelf (the link is on the top right of this page) and you'll find lots.

Happy hunting!

message 4: by C. (last edited May 29, 2018 04:24AM) (new)

C. | 289 comments Hi Michelle and Welcome!
OMG, I cracked up reading "I know how it’s done, the same way we all know the characters must use the bathroom but we don’t need the specifics ;)"! So funny, yet so true! :D

Please feel free to check out my bookshelf in my group~
https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

and more bookshelves in my profile~
https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1...

message 5: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Humphrey (phumphrey) | 14 comments Your comment made me laugh! 😃

message 6: by Sally (new)

Sally Brandle (sallybrandle) | 5 comments Absolutely spot on. Puh-lease, I have a wonderful imagination. I read clean and write clean. The hunt is much more fun than the actual take down, so to speak...

message 7: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Bok (regency_reader) | 147 comments A lot of writers seem to be confused about the difference between reality and realism. Reality-based writing might require bathrooms and bedrooms (and might be nonfiction), but realism (thank heavens) gets to ignore the mechanics of life and focus on what matters to a story, which is usually character, relationships, and external events. Those are the things that have to be realistic for the tale to be believable. Whenever I wind up reading about chamber pots, menstruation, and sex—especially in period or historical fiction—it takes me right out of the story!