The Pelicans’ Nest discussion

Rules for Revolutionaries: How Big Organizing Can Change Everything
This topic is about Rules for Revolutionaries
Campaigning > Rules for Revolutionaries

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trice (last edited May 31, 2018 05:22AM) (new)

Christopher Hunt (elmarinero) | 58 comments Mod
Have many of us read this yet?

message 3: by Trice (new)

Trice | 14 comments Mod
Christopher wrote: "Have many of us read this yet?"

there were some people discussing it some in one of the facebook groups before our party election - I don't know if any of them made their way over to goodreads. I have an electronic copy of it but haven't picked it up yet.

Have you read it, Chris?

message 4: by Irene (new)

Irene | 26 comments I also have an electronic copy but have not started it. I was waiting to see some activity in this thread.

I did. I never saw your question. It was a fun and insightful book.

message 6: by Trice (new)

Trice | 14 comments Mod
Irene wrote: "I also have an electronic copy but have not started it. I was waiting to see some activity in this thread."

Hi Irene, new reads starting in October of you want to join

message 7: by Trice (last edited Sep 18, 2019 11:37PM) (new)

Trice | 14 comments Mod
Christopher wrote: "I did. I never saw your question. It was a fun and insightful book."

Fun is an interesting descriptor for a book on politics - what made it so?

P.S. if you’re not seeing replies to comments, you might check your settings to see if you’ve asked goodreads to message you when someone replies

Well, when I read, I really enter into the world of the book. So, when they were talking about their strategies and using examples, in a way it is like I am an actor therein.

It was insightful in the sense that it caused me to see how important even small house rvents in local areas are desperately needed in our party to formulate a personal rather than simply mental/intellectual relationship with the party. In a word, the necessity of present solidarity with our fellow members.

Oh, I also fixed the settings!

And, my wife and I stay up, smoking cigars while discussing politics, current affairs, philosophy, and theology every day that I am home after we get the girls to bed. This stuff really is fun for me... and aggravating, and important...