Play Book Tag discussion

Archive: Other Books > Murder in Bloomsbury: 3.5 Stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Ann (auntie-nanuuq) | 753 comments Murder in Bloomsbury (Atlas Catesby #2) by D.M. Quincy

Murder in Bloomsbury, D.M. Quincy

★ ★ ★ 1/2

Actually this book was quite entertaining, it held my interest, & I even liked the characters.... This series is similar to the Charles Lenox series by Charles Finch and since there has yet to be a new installment, this filled in quite well. But unlike the Charles Lenox series, this book has a lighter less formal tone.

Atlas Catesby is a member of the aristocracy and an adventurer. The previous year saw him attempting to clear both his & Lady Lilliana Warwick's names of murder. Now as he has hoped to relieve his memory & heart of lady Lilliana, he finds himself once again in close dealings with her, while attempting to suss out a murderer.

The contemptible brother of Lady Lillliana's maid has been found dead. Authorities are calling his death an accident, but the maid insists it was murder.

The dead man was a charmer of women of all stations of life and more than one person had reason to kill him....

Nicely written, easy & entertaining to read.

message 2: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments Don't you just love books that are easy & entertaining reads! With this warm weather has come my urge to read some good old fashioned thrillers, which always scream summertime to me. They are fun, fast-paced, and enjoyable, which is exactly what I want.

message 3: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Ann (auntie-nanuuq) | 753 comments Nicole R wrote: "Don't you just love books that are easy & entertaining reads! With this warm weather has come my urge to read some good old fashioned thrillers, which always scream summertime to me. They are fun, ..."

Yes, I prefer easy to read books, that means I find them entertaining & interesting, so I'm not fighting to get through them.

Today I'm picking up the first in the series from the Library & a few other items, I'm also returning two I refused to finish, which now I know why were in the booksale to begin with!