The Great American Read discussion

The Chronicles of Narnia (Chronicles of Narnia, #1-7)
This topic is about The Chronicles of Narnia
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Comments - Children and YA > The Chronicles of Narnia (Series)

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marnie (new)

Marnie (marniekeister)

Codie | 61 comments I did not read this series until I was in college. One of my classmates lamented to me that he had read them as a child and had tried to go back and read them again but the magic wasn’t there for him. Well, I’m glad I didn’t discover them any earlier, they were pretty darn magical to me. While Tolkien was “just so” with his LOTR series and deep into history, etc., C.S. Lewis almost seemed lighthearted. I can’t wait to share these stories with my kids.

Roseanne I read this series as a pre-teen. It is one of the reasons I fell in love with reading. I reread them with one of my kids. I still love the series.

message 4: by Kirsten (new) - added it

Kirsten  (kmcripn) I've listened to two of this series. What is nice about the audiobooks is they are all narrated by British actors like Michael York, Lynn Redgrave, Kenneth Branagh, etc. I really need to continue

message 5: by Joy, Your Obedient Servant (new)

Joy (jammons42) | 510 comments Mod
This made the Top 10!

message 6: by Linda (new)

Linda  | 915 comments Kirsten wrote: "I've listened to two of this series. What is nice about the audiobooks is they are all narrated by British actors like Michael York, Lynn Redgrave, Kenneth Branagh, etc. I really need to continue"

Ooh, let me know which were narrated by Michael York! His voice is one of my absolute favorites!

message 7: by Joy, Your Obedient Servant (last edited Dec 18, 2018 09:26AM) (new)

Joy (jammons42) | 510 comments Mod
This is currently our group read. Join the discussion in our current reads folder here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.