Play Book Tag discussion

Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #1)
This topic is about Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder
Archive: Other Books > Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder / Joanne Fluke. 3.5 stars

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

LibraryCin | 9068 comments 3.5 stars

Hannah owns a cookie shop and when one of her delivery guys turns up shot in the alley behind, she helps out her brother-in-law, a cop, with the investigation.

I mostly enjoyed it. You could tell it was written a while back (published in 2000 – I actually though a little earlier while reading), as the technology is not up-to-date. My ebook had an extra novella (that I quite liked!) tacked on at the end that had more current technology – it was written in 2006. There are many cookie recipes at the end of some of the chapters (I think every chapter in the novella had one). You could probably make an entire cookie recipe book out of just the recipes included! I liked the characters and the small town feel. After the main novel, I wasn’t sure if I would continue the series, but after reading the novella, I decided that I would.

message 2: by Joi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3834 comments I couldn't remember if I had read this- and yes, I have! Haha. I think hallmark or lifetime also made some movies out of this series as well.

LibraryCin | 9068 comments Yes, I think you're right! I only know that based on the book's cover. :-)

message 4: by Diane (new)

Diane Zwang | 485 comments This series of books seem so cute. I should read one, one of these days. The recipes sound fun.

message 5: by LibraryCin (last edited May 29, 2018 05:35PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

LibraryCin | 9068 comments I do bake, but it's just awkward for me to turn on my ereader to get to a recipe! Some of them do sound really good, though! :-)

message 6: by Karin (new)

Karin | 7470 comments Yes, there are Hallmark movies, but I prefer the books even though they are 3 star ones. I read one for a reading game back on Shelfari and have never gone to the beginning of the series. I just want to know what happens with Hannah's love life. I should see if there is another one out as she left the last one on a cliff hanger.

The recipes all have far more sugar than ever use; I'd have to cut back radically.

message 7: by Karin (new)

Karin | 7470 comments Yes, a new one came out in 2018, so I'm going to put a hold on it at the library. Raspberry Danish Murder. I don't listen to the audiobooks too often because I don't care for how the narrator does some of the voices, especially children's voices.

message 8: by Karin (new)

Karin | 7470 comments Do NOT read the description for the book I'm going to read or the couple before it as there are spoilers for anyone who is earlier in the series.