Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES > Summer Time Readathon Chat Room

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Let's talk! :) What books do you hope to read? How much do you want to read? What are your plans for the readathon?

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) It's almost time to start! Whoop whoop! What books is everybody going to be reading first?

Here's the countdown clock so that we all know when to start. ;) https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...

message 3: by Kikijanika (new)

Kikijanika | 3017 comments I think I'll be starting with A Court of Frost and Starlight (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3.1) by Sarah J. Maas and King's Cage (Red Queen, #3) by Victoria Aveyard

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Kikijanika wrote: "I think I'll be starting with A Court of Frost and Starlight (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3.1) by Sarah J. Maas and King's Cage (Red Queen, #3) by Victoria Aveyard"

I haven't read either of them, but they're both on my TBR. I can't wait to see what you think of them! :)

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Alright everybody, the readathon has started! Remember you can keep track of your reading progress here, claim points here, try out a challenge made just for this readathon here, and see who else is joining in here! Have questions? Ask them here!

Happy reading, everyone! :)

message 6: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi Not reading, but I just wanted to wish everyone good luck and also lots of fun! :)

message 7: by Sukh (new)

Sukh Singh (blue_nerd) | 36 comments Is it okay... If I'm not claiming points? I just want to do this readathon for fun.

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Sukh wrote: "Is it okay... If I'm not claiming points? I just want to do this readathon for fun."

Of course! The point system is there for if you want (because we do have a lot of members who like to claim points), but you don't have to do it if you don't want to. :)

message 9: by Linsey (last edited Jun 03, 2018 03:29PM) (new)

Linsey | 236 comments Does anyone want to read Pretty Girls with me by Karin Slaughter? I am going to be starting it tonight.

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Linsey wrote: "Does anyone want to read Pretty Girls with me by Karin Slaughter? I am going to be starting it tonight."

I would but I don't have it! Have you tried asking in the "Looking for a Reading Buddy" thread?

message 11: by Linsey (new)

Linsey | 236 comments I did that tonight. I am just waiting to hear back from someone.

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Linsey wrote: "I did that tonight. I am just waiting to hear back from someone."

Well, hopefully you do. :)

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) How was everybody's first day?

message 14: by Sukh (new)

Sukh Singh (blue_nerd) | 36 comments Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) wrote: "How was everybody's first day?"

It was real good.. And I finished a book already The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon

I'm going to start another one after a while. What about you all? Hope everyone had a great start. 😁

message 15: by Lesa (new)

Lesa Divine | 293 comments Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) wrote: "How was everybody's first day?"

I did good. I started and finished The Weight of Lies by Emily Carpenter I also got in a little over 100 pages read in The Way of Kings (The Stormlight Archive, #1) by Brandon Sanderson this 1,007 page book is a beast lol. But I also started The Perfect Mother by Aimee Molloy which I'll be finishing that one today for sure only got about 100 pages left.

message 16: by Kikijanika (new)

Kikijanika | 3017 comments I did ok considering I'm working night shifts now so I'm either working or sleeping most of the time 😀

message 17: by Cecilia (new)

Cecilia (cecilia-reads) I read so much on my first day like wowwwwww

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Ahhh yay! I'm glad that everybody's doing good! :)

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) How was your day two? You still keeping with the pace you set on day one?

message 20: by Sukh (new)

Sukh Singh (blue_nerd) | 36 comments I did okay on Day 2 I guess... wasn't able to finish any book but finished a big chunk of book.

Keep Going everyone 😁

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) How's your reading going, guys? Still going on strong?

message 22: by Cecilia (new)

Cecilia (cecilia-reads) I started getting a little sick so reading has been really difficult!

message 23: by Kikijanika (last edited Jun 06, 2018 10:50PM) (new)

Kikijanika | 3017 comments I've done a bit better now that I finally have some free time. Just finished Thirteen Reasons Why.
I hope you'll get better soon Cecilia!

message 24: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi Hope everyone is doing well (and having fun) in the readathon. *cheers for everyone participating*

message 25: by Cecilia (new)

Cecilia (cecilia-reads) Kikijanika wrote: "I've done a bit better now that I finally have some free time. Just finished Thirteen Reasons Why.
I hope you'll get better soon Cecilia!"

Thank you! I feel better today!

message 26: by Sukh (new)

Sukh Singh (blue_nerd) | 36 comments Keep going Everyone...
and don't forget to have fun.
😁

message 27: by guiana! (new)

guiana! (gvianai) | 20 comments How's everyone doing? I'm not able to join due to school (blegh :p) but I'm cheering you guys on! x

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Last day guys! What's everybody reading today?

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Alright, I hope that everybody had a good readathon! I'll be back in the next couple days to tally up the points. :)