The Great American Read discussion

Rebecca
This topic is about Rebecca
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marnie (new) - added it

Marnie (marniekeister)

Roseanne Another great book. I like this type of novel.

Rosemarie It has one of the best opening lines in literature.

Colleen  | 47 comments Rosemarie wrote: "It has one of the best opening lines in literature."

Yes, it does! I read it a few years ago in a GR recommendation thread and so appreciated the mystery. Not an overall happy book, quite macabre and brilliant. I want to read more by her.

Kirsten  (kmcripn) One of my favorites!!

Roseanne I never figure anything out before the ending. I’m clueless. I was shocked.

Allison ༻hikes the bookwoods༺ (allisonhikesthebookwoods) I just finished this book and I loved it so much! Here’s a link to my full review.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Ella (ellamc) | 300 comments Ohhh, I just read this at the very beginning of the GAR (it was my first GAR book, I think, at least on purpose) and LOVED it. I'm renting the movie this weekend if I get some time.

Paula Ella wrote: "Ohhh, I just read this at the very beginning of the GAR (it was my first GAR book, I think, at least on purpose) and LOVED it. I'm renting the movie this weekend if I get some time."

Alfred Hitchcock did a splendid job with this story. The screenplay doesn't match the book in a couple places, but I have still watched it more than once because it's so good. Enjoy!

message 10: by NancyJ, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 1835 comments Mod
Paula wrote: "Ella wrote: "Ohhh, I just read this at the very beginning of the GAR (it was my first GAR book, I think, at least on purpose) and LOVED it. I'm renting the movie this weekend if I get some time."

..."

Great Movie. It's my favorite Hitchcock Film.

Paula I happened to come across an image with your name on it and I used it for a GAR tweet.

message 11: by Linda (new) - added it

Linda  | 915 comments Colleen wrote: "Rosemarie wrote: "It has one of the best opening lines in literature."

Yes, it does! I read it a few years ago in a GR recommendation thread and so appreciated the mystery. Not an overall happy bo..."

I read ¨My Cousin Rachel¨ for a GR group read a couple of years ago, and it wound up being one of the best books I read that year!

Kirsten  (kmcripn) Daphne Du Maurier is incredible.

message 13: by Linda (new) - added it

Linda  | 915 comments Kirsten wrote: "Daphne Du Maurier is incredible."

"My Cousin" made me want to re-visit this one, and read others by her.

message 14: by Joy, Your Obedient Servant (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joy (jammons42) | 510 comments Mod
This was a group read. Links to the discussion below.

No Spoilers: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Spoilers: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.