Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Rebel Heir (Rush Duet, #1)
This topic is about Rebel Heir
Archive (Buddy Reads) > Ezi & Chiara's Ongoing Buddy Read (Rebel Heir & Rebel Heart) ~ June 2018)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 76 (76 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Ezi (last edited May 28, 2018 03:51PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 2657 comments Rebel Heir (Rush Duet, #1) by Vi Keeland Rebel Heir by Vi Keeland

BLURB:
How to kick off a great summer in the Hamptons:

Snag a gorgeous rental on the beach. Check.

Get a job at a trendy summer haunt. Check.

How to screw up a great summer in the Hamptons:

Fall for the one guy with a dark leather jacket, scruff on his face, and intense eyes that doesn’t fit in with the rest of the tony looking crowd. A guy you can’t have when you’ll be leaving at the end of the season.

Check. Check. Check.

I should add—especially when the guy is your sexy, tattooed God of a boss.

Especially when he not only owns your place of employment but inherited half of the town.

Especially when he’s mean to you.

Or so I thought.

Until one night when he demanded I get in his car so he could drive me home because he didn’t want me walking in the dark.

That was sort of how it all started with Rush.

And then little by little, some of the walls of this hardass man started to come down.

I never expected that the two of us, seemingly opposites from the outside, would grow so close.

I wasn't supposed to fall for the rebel heir, especially when he made it clear he didn’t want to cross the line with me.

As the temperature turned cooler, the nights became hotter. My summer became a lot more interesting—and complicated.

All good things must come to an end, right?

Except our ending was one I didn’t see coming.

message 2: by Ezi (last edited May 28, 2018 08:44PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

message 3: by Ezi (last edited Jun 09, 2018 02:42PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 2657 comments ♛Nominations for Future BR's♛
Ryan's Bed by Tijan Shameless by Lex Martin Scars and Secrets (Loose Ends, #1) by Avril Ashton 180 Seconds by Jessica Park Drunk Dial by Penelope Ward Dear Agony by Georgia Cates Lake + Manning (Something in the Way, #4) by Jessica Hawkins Priest (Priest, #1) by Sierra Simone Dear Aaron by Mariana Zapata From Lukov with Love by Mariana Zapata Preston's Honor by Mia Sheridan Seek by Mia Sheridan Sweet Home (Sweet Home, #1) by Tillie Cole Behind the Bars (Music Street, #1) by Brittainy C. Cherry Maybe in Another Life by Taylor Jenkins Reid All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1) by Megan Hart

Not released yet but on audio preorder:
In Harmony by Emma Scott One Small Thing by Erin Watt More Than Words by Mia Sheridan

message 4: by Ezi (last edited May 30, 2018 01:41PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

message 5: by Ezi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 2657 comments Feel free to add any books you may want to tackle this month that I haven’t added to post 3

Chiara | 726 comments Ezinwanyi wrote: "Feel free to add any books you may want to tackle this month that I haven’t added to post 3"

Ok..later today I'll finalize my TBR for June and I'll let you know if there's something I want to add :)

Chiara | 726 comments I've found some books that we both have on our TBR and that could be added to our list!

Broken Beautiful Hearts by Kami Garcia Preston's Honor by Mia Sheridan Sweet Home (Sweet Home, #1) by Tillie Cole Behind the Bars (Music Street, #1) by Brittainy C. Cherry Maybe in Another Life by Taylor Jenkins Reid Seek by Mia Sheridan Dear Agony by Georgia Cates All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1) by Megan Hart

If you're interested in reading some of these books, add it to post #3!

message 8: by Ezi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 2657 comments Chiara wrote: "I've found some books that we both have on our TBR and that could be added to our list!

Broken Beautiful Hearts by Kami Garcia Preston's Honor by Mia Sheridan [bookcover:Sweet Home|1810..."

Yes!!!
I’ll add on Monday. I gave a 40th party for my husband this week

Chiara | 726 comments Ezinwanyi wrote: "Chiara wrote: "I've found some books that we both have on our TBR and that could be added to our list!

Broken Beautiful Hearts by Kami Garcia Preston's Honor by Mia Sheridan [bookcover:..."

Happy 40th birthday to your husband!!!! Enjoy the weekend :)

message 10: by Ezi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 2657 comments Thank you. It was grand. I will share some pics with you later today or tomorrow.

I’m starting this one now

Chiara | 726 comments Ezinwanyi wrote: "Thank you. It was grand. I will share some pics with you later today or tomorrow.

I’m starting this one now"

I’m glad it was a good party!
I’m gonna start Rebel Heir later today as well!

message 12: by Ezi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 2657 comments Ummm, why does Gia agree to bartend when she has no clue what’s she doing? You have to be quick. Sometimes I ask my bartenders to make up drinks, you’d have to know what you are doing to be quick in serving of clients.
Bad bad idea!

Chiara | 726 comments Ezinwanyi wrote: "Ummm, why does Gia agree to bartend when she has no clue what’s she doing? You have to be quick. Sometimes I ask my bartenders to make up drinks, you’d have to know what you are doing to be quick i..."

Being a bartender isn’t an easy task at all! You need to be quick but also have a great memory to remember all the ingredients of cocktails!
I think Gia just wanted to help her roommate and clearly underestimated the job! Too bad she didn’t realize she was talking to the boss and made a mess!!

message 14: by Ezi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 2657 comments And I knew the rebel biker would be the boss. I knew it!!!!
He watched and didn’t order. I knew b www observing. And Gia has diarrhea of the mouth. How can you work at his bar and say to a customer you heard the owner is a prick? Has she never had a job?
I’d have fired her and her friend too. That’s ridiculous

Chiara | 726 comments Ezinwanyi wrote: " And Gia has diarrhea of the mouth. How can you work at his bar and say to a customer..."

YES!! I had the same exact thoughts..cmon..she has no filters..she just keeps saying what’s on her mind, even if it’s totally inappropriate! I’m surprised Rush offered her a job anyway!!

message 16: by Ezi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 2657 comments I really like the ease of their banter. I like how they share with each other. I don’t mind the insta-attraction because it just seems a natural by-product Of their chemistry.

Rush is funny. And fixing her car is sweet

Chiara | 726 comments Ezinwanyi wrote: "I really like the ease of their banter. I like how they share with each other. I don’t mind the insta-attraction because it just seems a natural by-product Of their chemistry.

Rush is funny. And f..."

I usually despise insta chemistry but in this book Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward did a good job, so it’s not annoying at all! And their bickering is very cute!
Gia has no filter at all..she’s very spontaneous and I like that about her!
And I also like Rush..he didn’t grow up with money so he’s a tough man and he’s very considerate and also attached to his roots.

message 18: by Chiara (last edited Jun 05, 2018 07:03AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Chiara | 726 comments I’m starting to have a feeling about who Harlan (the man who gave a wrong number to Gia) might be..and if I’m right it means I’m on page 41 and I’ve already figured out the story 😞

Chiara | 726 comments Rush’s grandfather seems a really good person..he included Rush in his will, in his family..he did good to him. He did what Rush’s father basically didn’t do

Chiara | 726 comments Chapter 13

I’ve enjoyed the novel so far..I liked Rush’s mom and her meeting with Gia. But now the story has reached the “fuck buddies” cliché that has been seen over and over again in romances..I think I was expecting something more original.
I know this is a funny and light read..but I wasn’t expecting the fuck buddies proposal at this point if the story to be honest!

Chiara | 726 comments What a sigh of relief..luckily Gia changed her mind about the “friends with benefits proposal”..I wasn’t liking that idea for her and Rush!

message 22: by Ezi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 2657 comments I like the fortunately unfortunately game. I think I’ll play that with my family next time we take a road trip.

So you suspect Rush’s brother to be “Harlan”?

message 23: by Ezi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 2657 comments You are way ahead of me 😂

Chiara | 726 comments Ezinwanyi wrote: "I like the fortunately unfortunately game. I think I’ll play that with my family next time we take a road trip.

So you suspect Rush’s brother to be “Harlan”?"

Yep I have that feeling!! I’ve also read somewhere that this book will probably end with a cliffhanger and this solidifies my theory even more!

Chiara | 726 comments Ezinwanyi wrote: "You are way ahead of me 😂"

Don’t worry take your time..I won’t be able to read more until this evening (it’s 6,40 am here now)!

message 26: by Ezi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 2657 comments Holy cow, I can’t believe Gia said that in front of another woman much less than Rush’s mom. That was unprofessional, irresponsible and inappropriate. It’s one thing to be jealous but hey are still in a place of business, HIS business. They aren’t even together even though she has feelings. What an immature way to handle the situation.

message 27: by Ezi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 2657 comments There’s a sequel book I see

Chiara | 726 comments Ezinwanyi wrote: "Holy cow, I can’t believe Gia said that in front of another woman much less than Rush’s mom. That was unprofessional, irresponsible and inappropriate. It’s one thing to be jealous but hey are still..."

Yep, that was quite a scene!!! And I didn't like Rush's jealousy (that made him act like a jerk and that consequently, made Gia explode in that unprofessional way in from of Rush's mother) either!
However luckily the meeting between Gia and Rush's mom improved quite a bit at the end of the night!

Chiara | 726 comments Ezinwanyi wrote: "There’s a sequel book I see"

Yup..I thought the two books were standalone but I recently discovered that they're not! The first book should end in some sort of cliffhanger and the second book of the Duet should be the conclusion of Rush and Gia's story

message 30: by Ezi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 2657 comments Chiara wrote: "Ezinwanyi wrote: "There’s a sequel book I see"

Yup..I thought the two books were standalone but I recently discovered that they're not! The first book should end in some sort of cliffhanger and th..."

Im really enjoying it though. It’s been entertaining

Chiara | 726 comments Ezinwanyi wrote: "Chiara wrote: "Ezinwanyi wrote: "There’s a sequel book I see"

Yup..I thought the two books were standalone but I recently discovered that they're not! The first book should end in some sort of cli..."

Yes, it's very funny and lighthearted!

Chiara | 726 comments Chapter 17
OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!
(view spoiler)

message 33: by Ezi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 2657 comments My mom thinks I’m a butt burglar 😂😂😂😂😂😂

message 34: by Ezi (last edited Jun 07, 2018 12:56PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 2657 comments Pregnancy was unexpected. Honestly I don’t know how I feel about that. It feels cliche but it doesn’t Ruin the story but I’m happy to say that Rush’s reaction surprised me.

Chiara | 726 comments Ezinwanyi wrote: "Pregnancy was unexpected."

Yep..totally! I didn’t see that one coming at all!

message 36: by Ezi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 2657 comments I like how helpful Rush is being. I knew he would give her up as far as staying as her boyfriend but he clearly cares for her

Chiara | 726 comments Ezinwanyi wrote: "I like how helpful Rush is being. I knew he would give her up as far as staying as her boyfriend but he clearly cares for her"

Yes he’s been amazing with Gia, even if he broke her heart at the same time saying he’s not ready for a family

message 38: by Ezi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 2657 comments I have finished and you were totally right about the identity of Harlan. How sad is that.
Especially when Rush and his mom are all in with Gia and claiming her for their own.

So...are we jumping into book 2 immediately. Same thread or different thread?

I’m so glad we waited until book 2 came out because cliff hangers like this are unbearable

Chiara | 726 comments Ezinwanyi wrote: "I have finished and you were totally right about the identity of Harlan. How sad is that.
Especially when Rush and his mom are all in with Gia and claiming her for their own.

So...are we jumping ..."

I’m glad that we waited too, because now I’m really curious to find out what will happen!!! Cannot wait to start reading the sequel!

Rush has been amazing so far, accepting the baby as his own..I have no idea what will happen when he finds out who the real father is!!

I think we can use the same thread since it’s the same story, what do you say?

message 40: by Ezi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 2657 comments I’m game. I’d like to start now.

I want to start by saying they better say that Rush and his brother don’t look alike. I know they share different mom but if they look like the dad or grandfather then I will feel like Gia was dishonest

message 41: by Ezi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 2657 comments I’m feeling iffy right now. What I liked about Gia was that she seemed to be a straight shooter and was honest to a fault. In fact she was described as having diarrhea of the mouth.

So if she keeps those Harlan-Elliott thing from Rush, it will seem out of character and I won’t like it

Chiara | 726 comments Ezinwanyi wrote: "I’m game. I’d like to start now.

I want to start by saying they better say that Rush and his brother don’t look alike. I know they share different mom but if they look like the dad or grandfather..."

I just purchased the book and I’m gonna start it later today!
Yep I’m curious to know more about Harlan..and I especially want to know how Gia could be attracted to such an a#€&ole!

message 43: by Ezi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 2657 comments I don't think Gia knew Harlan enough to know he's really an asshole. They had drinks, Harland (Elliott) was pretending to be something he wasn't and Gia was sad at that time and needed comfort. Physical comfort.
Harlan wore a mask and gave a pretense including a fake name, so everything Gia knows about Elliott is second hand info from Rush. One might say that Rush is biased as they have an acrimonious relationship. But it's clear that Elliott is a douche AND remembers Gia

Chiara | 726 comments Ezinwanyi wrote: "I’m feeling iffy right now. What I liked about Gia was that she seemed to be a straight shooter and was honest to a fault. In fact she was described as having diarrhea of the mouth.

So if she keep..."

I’ve finally started reading it!

Yep I agree..if she doesn’t come clean soon about who the father of her baby is I’m gonna be so disappointed in her..and I hope she tells Rush the truth on her own will. It would be awful if Rush finds out by himself..

Chiara | 726 comments Chapter 4
And the worst possible scenario just came reality...Elliot told Rush that he slept with Gia. I feel so bad for Rush..what an awful way of finding out the truth..

Chiara | 726 comments Chapter 5

I didn’t like the fact that Rush confronted Gia over the phone while drunk..I mean..Gia should have told him, that’s for sure, but it’s not her fault that Elliot is the father of her baby..Gia didn’t cheat on Rush. So I think Rush should have had the decency to go to Gia immediately (also because she had already told him that she needed to discuss something important with him) instead of getting drunk, spending the day flirting with another woman and yell at Gia over the phone..

Chiara | 726 comments Chapter 6
I’m so mad at Gia now...she’s basically justifying the fact that Rush spent the night with another woman..Being upset doesn’t give a man the right to cheat...and a woman shouldn’t blame herself in this case..

message 48: by Ezi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 2657 comments I’m on chapter 7: somehow I knew Elliott would beat Gia to the announcement. I knew it. Gia should have told him.

message 49: by Ezi (last edited Jun 09, 2018 07:01AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 2657 comments Chiara wrote: "Chapter 5

I didn’t like the fact that Rush confronted Gia over the phone while drunk..I mean..Gia should have told him, that’s for sure, but it’s not her fault that Elliot is the father of her bab..."

Chiara wrote: "Chapter 6
I’m so mad at Gia now...she’s basically justifying the fact that Rush spent the night with another woman..Being upset doesn’t give a man the right to cheat...and a woman shouldn’t blame h..."

I don’t blame Rush for getting drunk. He hates Elliott and hearing Elliott use that information like a dagger would make anyone drink.

Gia should have told him that night or the next day. Knowing their relationship she should have fully anticipated Elliott taunting Rush. I knew it immediately. So I can’t blame him.
This is the worst possible scenario for Rush. Plus he loves Gia and the baby already. He just arranged a photo shoot for the baby he’s excited about.

Chiara | 726 comments I know that Gia should have told him sooner..but Rush didn’t confront Gia at all..he got drunk and then he escaped in Arizona for weeks..

Chapter 10
I’m not understanding Rush right now..he got mad at Gia when she said she’s going back home, but then when she asked him if he wanted to be with her, he said he wished he could..

« previous 1