YA Addicted Book Club discussion

Genres > YA - Paranormal Romance / Urban Fantasy

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) | 1942 comments Mod
Have you read a YA Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy book that you love? Looking for recommendations of Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy novels? Use this thread for all your YA Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy talk.

message 2: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Here are some of my favourite Paranormal and Urban Fantasy books

Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Descendents of greek gods at a school for Halfs and Pures. Magic, mystery and romance. Need I say more? This is my favourite series of all time.

Storm (Elemental, #1) by Brigid Kemmerer A series about 5 brothers who have power over the elements. They need to stay hidden or the 'hunters' will come from them thinking they are too powerful to be kept alive.

Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning Not a YA book but an amazing series about a Fae. There's good fae and bad fae and then there's Barrons, the mysterious and gorgeous guy who is not fae but he's not strictly human either.

message 3: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Liliana (lililostinabook) | 2328 comments Mod
Touch of Frost (Mythos Academy, #1) by Jennifer Estep One of my favorite series of all time is Mythos Academy! I LOVE mythology and this series combined Norse and Greek mythology SO well! Gwen, a Champion of a Greek god, must stop Loki from breaking out of his prison and basically taking over the world and whatnot. Lol. And there is also a spinoff series with Gwen's cousin Rory! That makes me super happy! Lol.

My Fair Godmother (My Fair Godmother, #1) by Janette Rallison I also love anything Janette Rallison writes, but this is the book that introduced me to her writing. It's basically about a Fairy Godmother in training who is really bad at her job and the results are usually hilarious! I love it! It's so fun!
Slayers (Slayers, #1) by C.J. Hill I also love her other series about dragons and dragon slayers under a different name!

Powerless (The Hero Agenda, #1) by Tera Lynn Childs Superheroes, I love them! And this one was amazing! It's about a girl with no powers (hence the name), in a world where everyone she knows is superpowered.

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare And of course I can't leave out Cassie Clare! I adore the Shadowhunters! Demon hunters, if you don't already know ;)

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #1) by Rick Riordan The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1) by Rick Riordan And these are more MG than YA, but I also love everything Rick Riordan writes! As I mentioned before, I love mythology!

message 4: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Anyone read any good YA Paranormal / Urban Fantasy books lately? Let me know your thoughts.

I haven't really read any PNR in a while so would love some new PNR/UF recommendations.

message 5: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

I just started re-reading Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) by Kiersten White and I forgot how much I loved it! It is so funny and the main character Evie is very sassy and I love her! This is one of the series I've been wanting to finish cause I've only read this first book, so here we go! Lol

message 6: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

I loved that series Lili. It was so good and light-hearted which is different for that genre I think. I loved the whole series.

message 7: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

I'm glad to hear that! I'm hoping to finally finish this series before the year is over, but knowing me, who knows! Lol. But I really am enjoying this book all over again!

message 8: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

🅧 wrote: "Paranormal romance recommendation is Daughter of Smoke and Bine definitely!"

Good choice! I've never really thought of it as a PNR. I guess I always see that one as fantasy as it's just a totally different world. Interesting to hear the other genres people classify books as. I enjoyed the first book in that series, but unfortunately didn't finish the series as I didn't enjoy the second book.