The Sword and Laser discussion

Audiobook Recommendations

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Iain (new)

Iain Bertram (iain_bertram) | 1530 comments Hi,
I have an audible credit burning a hole in my account, can anyone recommend a book that is really improved by the narration?

Thanks

message 2: by Rob, Roberator (new)

Rob (robzak) | 6928 comments Mod
Here are the last two threads on audio recommendations. There are some good suggestions there.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Ian (RebelGeek) Seal (rebel-geek) | 840 comments The 10th Anniversary edition of American Gods by Neil Gaiman.

message 4: by Beth (new)

Beth (evilpoptartarmy) | 19 comments Have you read the Expanse books?

message 5: by Scott (last edited May 28, 2018 05:32PM) (new)

Scott | 312 comments I highly recommend Mary Robinette Kowal's Shades of Milk and Honey. She does all her own narration (except for the last book in the series where she has a cast helping her), and she's really good and I feel like having the author narrate adds a little extra authenticity (can't really think of a better word).

I also recommend Tal M Klein's The Punch Escrow but I may or may not have a bit of a "man crush" on Matt Mercer from Critical Role lol

If you're a Star Wars fan, any of the books narrated by Marc Thompson are highly recommended. They're all highly produced so it's like listening to a radio drama.

message 6: by AndrewP (new)

AndrewP (andrewca) | 2554 comments Any of Ben Aaeronovitch's Rivers of London books. The narrator really makes this series.

message 7: by Iain (new)

Iain Bertram (iain_bertram) | 1530 comments Think will pick up The Name of the Wind (Patrick Rothfuss; first in a trilogy)

Read so many of the suggestions, problem of over consumption...

Ian (RebelGeek) Seal (rebel-geek) | 840 comments The only reason I rarely recommend The Name of the Wind is that the 3rd book isn’t out yet. IMO, Patrick Rothfuss is the best fantasy writer alive.

message 9: by Troy (last edited Jun 02, 2018 01:57PM) (new)

Troy | 85 comments I think Artemis was vastly improved by Rasario Dawson's narration. Reading your question literally:)