Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > 3 chapters of Historical Fiction about Ancient Rome and Pompeii

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna (new)

Jenna Palmerini (JPalm) | 3 comments Seeking beta readers for the first three chapters of my historical time jump fiction that takes place in present day with a young female archaeologist and two thousand years ago with a female gladiator trainer. Leave a comment or a message if you're interested!

I am willing to do an EXCHANGE as well!

message 2: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Roy (lucyroy) | 7 comments This sounds pretty interesting. Sending you a PM.

message 3: by Hajar (new)

Hajar Ali | 18 comments This sounds really interesting! Mine reimagines biblical characters(Abraham, Sarah, Hagar) in a modern context. It discusses issues of surrogacy, the centrality of fertility in the lives of women and women-to-women interactions.

The first chapter starts with a forced abortion, against the background of a fairy worshipping ceremony in remote northwestern Pakistan.

Set up as a thriller, imagine these Biblical characters as Caroline Kepnes characters (i.e. dark and twisted) Let me know if you're interested in a swap?

message 4: by Keith (new)

Keith Oxenrider (mitakeet) | 1167 comments Sencha a PM

message 5: by Jenna (last edited May 29, 2018 01:00PM) (new)

Jenna Palmerini (JPalm) | 3 comments Hajar wrote: "This sounds really interesting! Mine reimagines biblical characters(Abraham, Sarah, Hagar) in a modern context. It discusses issues of surrogacy, the centrality of fertility in the lives of women a..."

This sounds very intriguing! I will send you a message!

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (paperbackpuns) | 4 comments Sounds cool, I love stories that tie in with history! Sounds like a super interesting dynamic between those characters.
I'd love to do a swap with my pirate/sea monster story if you're interested. I also have three chapters completed. Sent you a PM !