Controversy attracts readers discussion

How about some weird movies?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alex (new)

Alex (alexwoeppel) | 4 comments Hello fellow Controversy Attracts Readers fans,

I know everyone in this group loves the strange and unusual. That being the case, I'm assuming most of you enjoy weird MOVIES as well! I have a fun blog website on movie reviews that I have been working on and I would love for you all to check it out and let me know what you think!

Check me out at http://doom-generation.com/

I would love to connect with some of you horror movie lovers as well!

Thanks for your support!

Alex

message 2: by Carmina (new)

Carmina Navarro (carmina005) | 1 comments Hi! I'm looking for a serial killer film to watch this weekend. I'm so drained with my thesis work and I just wanted to have something good to watch. Can you spare me some of your knowledge in films, please :) I do trust your judgment about films. Thanks in advance :)

message 3: by Alex (new)

Alex (alexwoeppel) | 4 comments Ooo good choice, Carmina! If you want to go with real-life serial killers try Dahmer (2002), Deranged (1974) or Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer (1986).

For something different try Mr. Brooks, Frenzy, I Saw the Devil, Perfume: The Story of a Murderer, or Maniac (2012)...

Good luck and enjoy yourself!!

message 4: by Alexander (new)

Alexander Engel-Hodgkinson (nexus_engel) | 2 comments Hobo with a Shotgun is another good one. :) Very unusual and very violent.

And am I the only one who finds Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas to be visually draining?

message 5: by Joshua (new)

Joshua Ebert (heart77) | 2 comments Wolf Creek (2005) is a slasher film set in Australia. It's fiction, but is loosely based on events that actually happened. There were two serial killers in Australia who preyed on backpackers, and elements from those real-life tales were put into the movie (from what I understand). It's a very gory and violent movie.

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes (1978) is a joke movie that mocks the B-movie horror genre. The United States is experiencing a national threat - tomatoes that kill - and it's up to the U.S. government to hire a team that will solve this problem. Unfortunately, everyone they hire is incompetent. Great movie, really funny.

Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992), featuring a star cast of Keanu Reeves, Winona Ryder, Tom Waits, and Gary Oldman, is a re-telling of the classic tale of Count Dracula. When the Count is off at war, his beloved commits suicide, believing he is dead. The Count is despondent. He renounces God, and there we have the beginning of the movie. Years later, Jonathan leaves his fiancée Elizabeth to sell real estate - what's interesting is his fiancée is the reincarnation of the Count's wife. It's a scary, weird movie, with many unsettling scenes. The visuals are perfect.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

The other side of the door trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMI6b...

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Henry the serial killer what a nice easygoing chap lol
watch the trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNInI...

message 8: by Alexander (new)

Alexander Engel-Hodgkinson (nexus_engel) | 2 comments Two more: Beyond the Black Rainbow and Under the Skin.