The Professor Life Book Club discussion

Choose Your Book!

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Macy (last edited May 28, 2018 05:21AM) (new)

Macy Skipworth (theprofessorlife) | 13 comments Mod
Since it was basically split right down the middle, you can choose either Eleanor Oliphant or Big Magic, and we are going to have a discussion for both. So you can pick whichever one (or both!) you want to read this month!

Both are on Audible if listening is your consumption of choice, or you can get a good old fashioned hard copy. I am personally getting both copies from the library! Here are the Amazon links for the books if you want to own it:
Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine
Amazon link for Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine:
https://www.amazon.com/Eleanor-Olipha...
Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear
Amazon link for Big Magic:
https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&...
Since it will take a week or so to get our books in, we won't start our discussion officially until Wednesday, June 6th. I'll check in with you on here then to make sure we are all good to go, then we can start reading.

So excited!

Thanks for joining...this should be fun!

xoxo,
Macy

P.S.
Comment here when you've ordered your book, so we know when you're ready to start!

message 2: by Megan (new)

Megan Guy (meganguy) | 5 comments I chose to read Big Magic! I’ve been searching for new personal development books and this seems like a fantastic read!

message 3: by Crissta (new)

Crissta Morrison | 4 comments I think I will read Big Magic as well; I read the excerpt and was immediately captivated. I tend to listen to self-development books better than sit down and read them, so I got the audible version with a credit I had.

message 4: by Susie (new)

Susie | 2 comments Big Magic for me as well.

message 5: by Amy (last edited Jun 05, 2018 09:19AM) (new)

Amy (amyjay94) | 5 comments I'm going to read Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine. Mainly because it's available in my university library (I've requested it so should hopefully have it by the 6th) but also because I've been meaning to read it since it came out.

Edit: My book has finally arrived so I'm ready to go!

message 6: by Carissa (new)

Carissa (withinthewithout) | 5 comments Big Magic for me! Super into this type of book. Looking forward to some great discussions!

message 7: by Karly (new)

Karly Haggerty | 3 comments They both sound fantastic, but I choose Big Magic! So looking forward to this.

message 8: by Porter (new)

Porter Taylor (porterctaylor) | 4 comments I’ve been looking for a group with whom I can read Eleanor for months!

message 9: by Dwight (new)

Dwight Davis (dwightdavis) | 4 comments I’ll probably go with Eleanor so that I can do fiction. I don’t get enough of that as a grad student.

message 10: by Chastin (new)

Chastin Powell | 2 comments I’m reading Eleanor, but I’ll probably end up purchasing both books! :)

message 11: by Becca (new)

Becca Webb (BeccaWebb) | 2 comments I’m going with Eleanor!

message 12: by Cecilia (new)

Cecilia Rocha | 4 comments I’m going to read Big Magic!

message 13: by Rebecca (last edited May 31, 2018 11:04AM) (new)

Rebecca (rebrice) | 3 comments I'm going Big Magic!

Update: book acquired

message 14: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Davison (sedavison) | 4 comments Going for Big Magic, need a bit of a lift at the moment so this looks like a good choice!

message 15: by Erica (new)

Erica | 1 comments Big Magic for me!

message 16: by Tori (new)

Tori | 7 comments Eleanor for me!

message 17: by Lucy (last edited May 30, 2018 09:33AM) (new)

Lucy (foxie_wilde) | 6 comments I have chosen Big Magic too! Both books looked good, but I've been looking for some interesting self-dev books recently and thought this one would be a great read

Update: I've now got the Kindle version and have started reading!

message 18: by Anna (new)

Anna Palm | 4 comments Eleanor sounds awesome! Getting the Kindle version.

message 19: by Sommer (new)

Sommer | 2 comments I am choosing Eleanor Oliphant! I’ve heard about it for awhile, so I’m looking forward to diving in for myself. 😊

message 20: by Cassie (new)

Cassie | 4 comments I’m going with Eleanor Oliphant. They both looked so good!

message 21: by Tori (new)

Tori | 7 comments My book arrived in the mail! Ready to go.

message 22: by Abigail (new)

Abigail (abigail_j_a) | 2 comments I'm choosing Big Magic, Ordered it to my kindle so I am ready to go also!

message 23: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Watson | 2 comments I’m going with Eleanor!! Headed to Amazon to Prime it now. I will have it by the 6th!

message 24: by Kacey (new)

Kacey (kacey_claire) | 2 comments I'm going with Big Magic! I've already read Eleanor and loved it. Maybe I'll read it again with everybody!

message 25: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (adeutsch) | 4 comments I wanted Eleanor Oliphant but the audiobook gods decided I should listen to Big Magic instead. I’m excited to get this “read” through my summer conference travels.