What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

If I Bring You Roses
This topic is about If I Bring You Roses
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Debut contemporary romance with a Latino young couple where the H cheats on the wife. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nancy | 5 comments I read this book a few years back (2012 I think), and it was a debut book by a female author who I think has a latino background. The book was about a girl from a big family that lived on a farm, and were very poor. I think it was initially set in some south american country. The mother had some mental illness, and often had episodes where she would strip naked and acted crazy. When the heroine was in her teens, she went and lived with some relatives who owned a bakery and treated her like a servant.

While working there, she met this young guy who was visiting from America. He liked her and felt sorry for her. They ended up having sex once, and he married her. I can't remember why but he went back to US first without her, and ended up having regular sex with a woman that lived downstairs in the same building. When the heroine arrived in the US (I think it was Chicago), the husband told her the marriage was a mistake. I think she left and went to stay with some friends in the latino community in the city. The husband carried on with the ow, but was no longer happy with the sexual relationship anymore. The ow told him that he was in love with the wife. He came home one day and the heroine was in the apartment waiting for him. The ending was a bit abrupt. I always wonder whether there was a sequel but I can't remember the name of the author and the book. Help!

message 2: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4327 comments If I Bring You Roses looks like it?

Nancy | 5 comments Yes! Yes! Yes! Thanks so much Ayshe! You are awesome. This forum is awesome.

Nancy | 5 comments So what do I do now? Do I have to move this post?

message 5: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4327 comments Cool! For the moving - if you're using the desktop site, click the "edit" next to the topic's title. If not, mod will take care of it later on.

Nancy | 5 comments Good to know👍