Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Price of Inheritance
This topic is about The Price of Inheritance
Book Issues > Symbols and numbers in book description

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Karin | 13 comments Hi there,

I have numbers and symbols in the description of my book, The Price of Inheritance. I wrote about this twice already, and it was kindly fixed both times. But it has happened again. Would you be able to help? Thank you!

Karin

message 2: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments Fixed.

Karin | 13 comments Thank you!

Karin | 13 comments This has happened yet again. Would someone mind fixing? And is there anyway to make it stop happening? Thank you for your help!

message 5: by Melaslithos (new)

Melaslithos | 1356 comments Fixed. I have no idea why it's happening.

Karin | 13 comments Thanks so much! Well, fingers crossed it's fixed for good!

message 7: by Dee (new) - added it

Dee (austhokie) | 838 comments sounds like there is a symbol on antoher website, that when its getting imported to GR is becoming corrupted - you normally see it on websites that use an HTML base if the character isn't coded correctly

message 8: by Catalina (new)

Catalina | 2065 comments yup Dee is right, I think it's "&". Something was imported from Onix on 4th of August creating the problem again. I don't think we can stop that for happening again!

Karin | 13 comments Oh no! Should I ask my publisher to reload the text? Appreciate your help!

message 10: by Dee (new) - added it

Dee (austhokie) | 838 comments could you publisher change the & to and or something like that? its one of thsoe random character's that causes issues (I lost track of how many times I use to have to re-upload documents at my previous job because I would miss something like that)

Karin | 13 comments I will ask them to! Thank you so much.

message 12: by Dee (new) - added it

Dee (austhokie) | 838 comments np and I just added your book to Mt TBR - I really enjoyed The List ;)

Karin | 13 comments Oh thank you so much! So nice of you to say. I hope you enjoy The Price of Inheritance!