The Fandom Entries & Monthly Readathons discussion

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

Lou (aliceinbagend) | 527 comments Mod
Obviously in most cases books are way better than movies, but in this case (and I'm probably going to get killed for saying this,) I liked Disney's adaptation of The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe better than the book.
I think it's the special effects or how Disney made the characters and the world of Narnia come to life, but I just liked it better. Don't get me wrong, I loved the books, and Prince Caspian and Voyage of the Dawn Treader were, IMHO, better in the books. But I just like the first one better in the movie.
What do you think? I am completely off my head?

message 2: by Bea (new)

Bea Yep, you're off your noggin. No, I can totally see where you're coming from. The battle scene at the end of TLTWATW in the movie was visually stunning! But I've recently reread TLTWATW and I've found I like the book better ;')

message 3: by Book Thief (new)

Book Thief (bookthief404) The Narnia movie adaptations are one of my favourite book-to-movie adaptations. I understand how you would like the movie better. For some books, I usually have a definite preference for whether I like the book or the movie, but for Narnia, I don't think I could decide.

message 4: by Riley (new)

Riley (woowreallly) V same here. Although if it were between the movies. I most definitely would choose the Disney version.

message 5: by Book Thief (new)

Book Thief (bookthief404) Is there a different version other than the Disney ones??

message 6: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

The Mad Piper wrote: "Is there a different version other than the Disney ones??"

Yep that was the BBC version. It was okay, not the best though. But then again it wouldn't be because it was budget-TV show.

message 7: by Riley (new)

Riley (woowreallly) One of the characters was a stuffed animal. (-.-)

message 8: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

PsychPluralize wrote: "One of the characters was a stuffed animal. (-.-)"

HA I just remembered that x'D And honestly Mr. Beaver freaked me out x)