What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Okay for Now
This topic is about Okay for Now
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's/middle grade blue cover with a boy wearing paper bag on his head holding a baseball bat. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (last edited May 28, 2018 01:01AM) (new)

Sarah Shank | 4 comments besides the cover i remember the boy talked to his teacher, wondering what the point of students doing nuclear bomb drills was since they wouldn't actually protect them if a bomb was ever really dropped, but this was a very minor plot point. It does set the book sometime during the cold war though. The teacher was an important part of the story though I forgot how. The book also had an occasional super long sentence for humor and this was characteristic of the author's style. The main boy was really obsessed with baseball i think. I read the book sometime between 2010-2012.

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Shank | 4 comments I just checked the preview for that book, and Okay for Now by Gary D. Schmidt seems right. Thank you for finding it!

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Shank | 4 comments Actually I checked the other book by Gary D. Schmidt The Wednesday Wars
and I think I was looking for 2 books that I thought of as one book because they're from the same series.

message 5: by Kym (new)

Kym | 1058 comments Sarah, shall we call this solved?

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Shank | 4 comments yes

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Wednesday Wars (other topics)
Okay for Now (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Gary D. Schmidt (other topics)