Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The First Ms. Reader
This topic is about The First Ms. Reader
Book Issues > Date of publication missing

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

G.G. | 222 comments Could I trouble a kind librarian to add a date of publication to the entry for The First Ms. Reader please? It's showing up on my shelves as "unknown". The ISBN on the spine of my battered paperback appears to be: 0446783528150. Many thanks in advance!

message 2: by ☕ Lachgas ♿ (last edited May 28, 2018 03:40AM) (new)

☕ Lachgas ♿  (lachgas) | 7260 comments I added a pub year to the book you linked according to worldcat.
but your edition seems to be a different one as it has a different isbn which would made it a new record on GR.

G.G. | 222 comments ☕ Lachgas ♿ wrote: "I added a pub year to the book you linked according to worldcat.
but your edition seems to be a different one as it has a different isbn which would made it a new record on GR."

Thank you for your help--but I'm afraid the problem remains: even after refreshing the page, the date of publication is still showing as "unknown". I wish I could fix it myself, but I'm afraid I can't!

message 4: by Melanie (last edited May 28, 2018 09:25AM) (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) | 1770 comments There are two different pub date fields available to view on your shelves.

date pub - original publication date for the work
date pub (ed.) - publication date of the actual edition on your shelves

If you switch to the second one, the date will show on your shelves.

G.G. | 222 comments Melanie wrote: "There are two different pub date fields available to view on your shelves.

date pub - original publication date for the work
date pub (ed.) - publication date of the actual edition on your shelves..."

Thank you very much for this most helpful clarification! I prefer to have books arranged by date of first publication, regardless of the edition I actually read. Isn't it possible to add date of the first publication to the record for this book?

message 6: by Emy (new)

Emy (emypt) | 5038 comments Fixed. Missing data added from Worldcat and Amazon.

G.G. | 222 comments Emy wrote: "Fixed. Missing data added from Worldcat and Amazon."
Thank you so very much! Hugely appreciate your time and effort!