Our Great American Read discussion

General > Membership

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Janet (new)

Janet (goodreadscomjanetj) | 96 comments This group was set up as a private group with two moderators. Those moderators are no longer able to fulfil that function so I have taken over the task. I would like some feedback from the rest of the group as to whether we should remain a private group or if we should go public. I personally see no harm in going public but I would like this to the general opinion and not just my own. Thanks in advance for your opinions.

message 2: by Susan (new)

Susan I agree with going public--if you feel comfortable with it! I just think books are meant to be shared---discussed by as many as possible.

message 3: by Janet (new)

Janet (goodreadscomjanetj) | 96 comments I will leave this open to discussion until the 31st. If I hear no dissent by then I will open it up.

message 4: by Waffles - (new)

Waffles - Kelsey (waffles_library) I like the idea of going public so that everyone can share books and we can get more members quickly.

message 5: by Blueberry (new)

Blueberry (blueberry1) Public

message 6: by Janet (new)

Janet (goodreadscomjanetj) | 96 comments Thank you for your input. I did make the adjustment to go public on June 1st. I think we will just need more activity in the group to encourage others to join us.

message 7: by Janet (new)

Janet (goodreadscomjanetj) | 96 comments It is nice to see new people interested in this group and in reading the books that PBS picked for the Great American Read. Due to lack of interest I have stopped actively promoting this group. I am currently reading Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. If anyone wishes to me to open up a discussion thread let me know.

message 8: by Janet (new)

Janet (goodreadscomjanetj) | 96 comments This group seems to have run its course. If you are interested in a reading group with its focus on books from the Great American Read I recommend https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/.... Thank you for the interest you have shown to this group.