Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Weekly Reading > What are you reading May 28?

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2122 comments Mod
This week I'm reading A Touch of Color by Sloane Kennedy, A Worthy Man by Jaime Reese, and Machine Metal Magic by Hanna Dare.

message 2: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1281 comments I'm currently reading my ARC of One for the Rogue and I'm really enjoying it.

I'm listening to Melt for You by J.T. Geissinger and I'm loving it. The narrator does a very good Scottish accent, the characters are interesting and funny and I'm loving this authors style. My second by this author and I'm becoming a fan.

Up next Cocktales.

message 3: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1207 comments Stacey is Sassy wrote: "I'm currently reading my ARC of One for the Rogue and I'm really enjoying it.

I'm listening to Melt for You by J.T. Geissinger and I'm loving it. The narrator does ..."

ooh I just finished Melt for you yesterday and loved it! I can't get into book 1 though????
Someone recommended i read Meghan March. Its much more sexy than I am used too and the hero seems like a bully!

message 4: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1281 comments Leigh-Ayn wrote: "Stacey is Sassy wrote: "I'm currently reading my ARC of One for the Rogue and I'm really enjoying it.

I'm listening to Melt for You by J.T. Geissinger and I'm lovin..."

I just finished Melt for You and I loved it. The first one was a wee bit of a struggle for me too. I ended up liking it though.

I have a lot of friends that love Meghan March but I can't say I'm a huge fan. I don't like having to buy 3 books to get one story and her books are hardly ever on special in Australia which makes it a pretty expensive exercise. Let me know if you find a good one though because I'd be willing to give her another try.

message 5: by Chocolatesoup (new)

Chocolatesoup | 398 comments I'm listening to Meghan March Take Me Back and so far, so good. I've got a couple of other books going that I'm just not that into, that I may or may not finish but I'm super excited to have checked out Making Up from the library this morning.

message 6: by Janga (new)

Janga | 1070 comments Mod
I'm reading an ARC of Rachel Hauck's The Love Letter. I like the way Hauck weaves stories of the past and present together. She is an inspirational author, but she is a gifted storyteller, not a sermonizer. The Wedding Dress is an all-time fave, and I like this one almost as well. But I confess that I am most excited about the promise of an ARC of Karina Bliss's Resurrection, Moss and Stormy's story. When it arrives, I'll drop everything else to start reading. :)

message 7: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 896 comments Very jealous if you get that ARC, Janga!

I finally read EJ's Wilde in Love to get ready for Too Wilde to Wed coming out tomorrow. It was okay but not my favorite by her. For some reason I didn't connect with the main characters. I am, however, interested in what's going to happen between North and Diana and Lavinia and Parth.

Trying to decide which of the 4 books that will be downloading onto my Kindle overnight will be the first I tackle this week. Good problem to have!!!

message 8: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2102 comments Mod
Looking forward to Too Wilde to Wed, Speakeasy, and the new The First Time at Firelight Falls

message 9: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1207 comments I also just realised that The Prince by Katharine Ashe is out too!

message 10: by Janga (new)

Leigh-Ayn wrote: "I also just realised that The Prince by Katharine Ashe is out too!"

Yes! all three (Ashe, James, Long) were five-star reads for me.

message 11: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 896 comments Decided to start my super Tuesday with TOO WILDE TO WED by Eloisa James since I had just finished book 1. I'm only 20% into it and loving this book! I'm not sure which trope this is considered where the hero and heroine split because they don't really know one another at all but I love it. And I love that EJ didn't prolong the misunderstandings - now it's just them getting to know each other for real.

message 12: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1925 comments Mod
Stacey is Sassy wrote: "I'm currently reading my ARC of One for the Rogue and I'm really enjoying it.

I'm listening to Melt for You by J.T. Geissinger and I'm loving it. The narrator does ..."

Stacey, your review is adorable ❤️ (Telling you here so I don't intrude on your readers). Thank you!

I'm not even sure where to begin with the number of books I want to read right now. I guess I'll figure something out!

message 13: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1207 comments Irisheyes wrote: "Decided to start my super Tuesday with TOO WILDE TO WED by Eloisa James since I had just finished book 1. I'm only 20% into it and loving this book! I'm not sure which trope this is considered wher..."

I loved it too! Finished it last night, paying for it this morning at work lol

message 14: by Janga (new)

Leigh-Ayn wrote: "Irisheyes wrote: "Decided to start my super Tuesday with TOO WILDE TO WED by Eloisa James since I had just finished book 1. I'm only 20% into it and loving this book! I'm not sure which trope this ..."

I haven't said anything because I wasn't sure how EJ felt about the discussion, but since it is an active thread on FB, I'll ask the question here. Who thinks Horatius will prove to be alive and end up as duke?

message 15: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 896 comments Funny you should mention that, Janga. I thought he was going to be found alive at the end of WILDE IN LOVE. So, yes, I believe he will turn up alive. I always think that is a possibility whenever there's no body recovered. LOL

message 16: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1281 comments Manda wrote: "Stacey is Sassy wrote: "I'm currently reading my ARC of One for the Rogue and I'm really enjoying it.

I'm listening to Melt for You by J.T. Geissinger and I'm lovin..."

I'm glad you liked my review Manda. So...any chance we'll get a Serena story? ;-)

message 17: by Janga (new)

Irisheyes wrote: "Funny you should mention that, Janga. I thought he was going to be found alive at the end of WILDE IN LOVE. So, yes, I believe he will turn up alive. I always think that is a possibility whenever t..."

That's known as the Soap Opera Syndrome, Irish. LOL

message 18: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1207 comments Omg Janga and Irish!!! Me too!!! I keep thinking where is he!!??? Lol

message 19: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 896 comments Janga wrote: "Irisheyes wrote: "Funny you should mention that, Janga. I thought he was going to be found alive at the end of WILDE IN LOVE. So, yes, I believe he will turn up alive. I always think that is a poss..."

Hahaha. That explains why I'm so suspicious, Janga. I lived and breathed soap operas in the 80s!

message 20: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1925 comments Mod
Stacey is Sassy wrote: "
I'm glad you liked my review Manda. So...any chance we'll get a Serena story? ;-)"

I can't really go into detail right now, but I'm working behind the scenes to make sure readers get her story. If not from SMP then in another format. Hold that thought!

message 21: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2102 comments Mod
Me too on Horatius.

message 22: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1281 comments Manda wrote: "Stacey is Sassy wrote: "
I'm glad you liked my review Manda. So...any chance we'll get a Serena story? ;-)"

I can't really go into detail right now, but I'm working behind the scenes to make sure..."

YAY!!! She soooo deserves a HEA. :-)

message 23: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1207 comments Has anyone read Jess Michaels?