Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > book title

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jean (new)

Jean Carlton | 66 comments The book Arkansas Quilts has written "Guide" instead of "Guild"

message 2: by Jean (new)

Jean Carlton | 66 comments I have a screen shot but don't see how to send it. the error is in the subtitle which is actually not a subtitle so could be removed entirely.
the Guild is shown at the bottom of the front cover but is not part of the title. The title page on the inside states: Arkansas Quilts; Arkansas Warmth but that is not on the cover so not sure what one would consider the title!
in any case, it is NOT a guide.
thanks

message 3: by Abcdarian (last edited May 27, 2018 08:36PM) (new)

Abcdarian | 23463 comments Found 3 editions & combined them. Removed Guide; the Guild appears to be the author credit. https://www.goodreads.com/work/editio...

message 4: by Jean (new)

Jean Carlton | 66 comments Thanks.
I added the cover a book with placeholder image. I don't see specific directions for how to 'replace' the place holder. Kentucky Quilts still shows both entries...I wanted to replace with the orange circle quilt image. Also, please take a look at New York Beauties; Quilts from the Empire State. One has a blue placeholder ...and lists author twice, one is an incorrect title...with a subtitle that is wrong. I have the image of that cover as does Amazon. Can you help get that right?
thanks

message 5: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 23463 comments Links to the books/editions you are talking about would be very helpful if you can add them.

message 6: by Jean (new)

Jean Carlton | 66 comments https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

Here's the Kentucky one first....the data is on this entry but the cover is a placeholder. The other 'edition' has the correct cover but no data.
thanks for this - I have several that need correcting but will do one at a time.

☕ Lachgas ♿  (lachgas) | 7260 comments #6 added the cover from Amazon and merged the duplicate

message 8: by Jean (new)

Jean Carlton | 66 comments https://www.goodreads.com/work/editio...

thank you - here is a link that shows 2 more editions with placeholder covers of the same book. can these be removed so that only one edition is available (the one with the correct cover)?

message 9: by Jean (new)

Jean Carlton | 66 comments yea! thanks...i see now only one edition of Kentucky Quilts which is perfect.
Now for No Time On My Hands by Grace Snyder. There are two legit editions. I added the blue and white hardcover ...but I see when I click on All Editions that the one with the placeholder cover is still there - and again the data is included in that one but should be transferred to the hardback edition and then the placeholder edition removed. Thanks for your work on this!

message 10: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 23463 comments Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7... What is the source of the cover you added, and what is the ISBN on that edition? If it is the same as what you refer to as the placeholder cover and your cover source is acceptable we can add your cover to that and merge/delete the one you added.

message 11: by Jean (new)

Jean Carlton | 66 comments I own the book and took the photo. The book had a copyright symbol before the year 1963. It says Caxton Printers, LTD, Caldwell, Idaho.
Library of Congress
Cat card 63-18182
541 pages

oddly on the back of the jacket cover are the words
Purcell's Incorporated
Broken Bow, Nebraska

message 12: by Abcdarian (last edited May 29, 2018 05:42PM) (new)

Abcdarian | 23463 comments So not the same edition at all then. I've added the page count, publisher & date to your edition. The one without a cover is a legitimate edition complete with ISBNs, so will remain also.

Edit: I found a larger picture of that cover, but it seems to be a different colour from yours, unless that's just from the photo itself: https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Book...

message 13: by Jean (new)

Jean Carlton | 66 comments interesting! it IS a different cover. my background is white, not blue and there is no cloud visible,. The title is in blue not black. The book itself is red cloth and has gold lettering on the cover and spine. pp are the same. (so can you use the abe book cover image for placeholder entry? )
Interesting that the other hard copy has an ISBN and mine doesn't. mine is signed by both Grace and Nellie....the one you found was published in 1980, Mine is 1963. the paperback version has a different synopsis than the two hard copies. thanks for your work.

message 14: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 23463 comments Sadly, can't use on the edition without cover as it is a 1963 edition. By 1980 ISBNs were in full use; not in '63.

message 15: by Jean (new)

Jean Carlton | 66 comments I meant the cover shown on the link you sent from abe books which is the 1980 edition but I know there are rules about where the cover images can be taken from....
either way we now have three known editions!

message 16: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 23463 comments The abebooks cover says it is from the first (1963) edition. But yes, nice to have several.