Sci-fi and Heroic Fantasy discussion

General SF&F Chat > R.I.P. Gardner Dozois

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited May 28, 2018 09:57AM) (new)

Gardner Dozois Longtime SF writer, editor & SF hall of fame member Gardner Dozois has passed away at 71.

Dozois was editor of Asimov's Science Fiction Magazine for 20 years, and has been publishing annual "The Year's Best Science Fiction #--" annually since 1983 as well as publishing his own short stories from time to time in the various magazines.

Gardner Dozois, 1947 – 2018 (Tor.com)

Gardner Dozois, 1947 – 2018 (Locus)

message 2: by Silvana (new)

Silvana (silvaubrey) RIP

So far I only read his collaborative works (the fantasy anthologies) with GRRM. I guess reading the ASoIAF novellas would not be the same without him.

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited May 28, 2018 09:58AM) (new)

He has a short story, "Unstoppable" in this this month's Fantasy & Science Fiction, May/June, which seems to have been is main venue the last couple of years. Coincidentally read it last night.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Damn.. I've read almost all of the best of the year anthologies that he edited. RIP

message 5: by Aphelia (new)

Aphelia (aphelia88) | 32 comments I was so sad to hear of his passing. Dozois was the name I trusted most for SF anthologies: if he was editor, I was sure it would be a good read. I have a few of the Years Best but I really liked the Space Opera one he did. I didn't know he wrote himself! Thank you for the obit links.

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 526 comments In going to be missing his short fiction review column - read it every month!!