Play Book Tag discussion

Footnotes 2017-2018 > Memorial Day

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 6398 comments Taking a moment to remember those who sacrificed all so that we might be free.

And a huge thank you for all the current military members and veterans who served as well.

message 2: by JoLene (new)

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments Yes, I think we lose sight sometimes in the current political climate. The men and woman who sacrifice their lives are the true patriots.

message 3: by Joanne (last edited May 28, 2018 05:03PM) (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 8427 comments I have been readingFlags of Our Fathers all week-end. We were camping and it was nice to discuss the book with my daughter and husband as we hung out. My husband grew up in Communist Poland, and my daughter is just 25 yrs old. They were very emotional as I read some of the passages to them. I would like to think we honored these fearless US Marines this week-end as we talked about the book.

message 4: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 6398 comments Joanne wrote: "I have been readingFlags of Our Fathers all week-end. We were camping and it was nice to discuss the book with my daughter and husband as we hung out. My husband grew up in Communist P..."

What a wonderful way to pay tribute to them.