What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Crosscut (Evan Delaney, #4)
This topic is about Crosscut
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Thriller: school children discover secret government operation and are hunted down by assassin when they grow up. [s]

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marissa (new)

Marissa Meadows | 12 comments I need help from my reading friends: I read some books years ago where a group of school-aged children were out in the desert accidentally when the government was testing something (I think it was a kind of chemical warfare). Well, these kids grow up, and now the government is killing them off. They send an assassin who was also exposed to this stuff. The part I remember the most is that the assassin is also killing the children of these "tainted" adults, and in one scene, two of the adults are together and are about to be caught by this bad guy, and although they know without a doubt that they would never turn in their own children, they can't say that about the other person's children, so they commit suicide. Has anyone else ever read this stuff.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40603 comments Mod
When did you read this? Are you talking about one book or multiple books? Is it a series?

message 3: by Marissa (new)

Marissa Meadows | 12 comments This is for a friend. She believes it was one book and says she read it 15-18 years ago.

message 4: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2425 comments Would she say it was YA or more aimed at adults? Set in the US? Does she recall whether it was a new book or an older one when she read it?

message 5: by Marissa (new)

Marissa Meadows | 12 comments She said that it was aimed at adults but that the characters were initially children. She thinks it was on the newer side when she read it, probably around 15 years ago.

message 6: by Marissa (new)

Marissa Meadows | 12 comments Bumping this because I’ve been looking endlessly and it’s driving me insane.

message 7: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2425 comments Hi Marissa -- the standard "bump frequency" is once a month, so you're good for June. Feel free to come back in July and "bump" again -- and of course if you remember more details, do come back and add them at any time.

message 8: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4324 comments Maybe Crosscut?

(Another thread looking for this: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... )

Alice Teets | 3 comments Crosscut is it! Ayshe, you are my new best friend! Thank you so much!

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40603 comments Mod
Marissa is the OP, so we don't get confused.

message 11: by Marissa (new)

Marissa Meadows | 12 comments Yes! This is it. I also know Alice and didn’t realize she had posted it two years prior.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Crosscut (other topics)