What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Teen fantasy about an inherited ring that allows the wearer to travel anywhere by looking at a picture of that place; from the 1990s or do I read it in the late 90s

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (new)

Emily | 2 comments This book is about a teen girl that inherits a ring. She finds out that when she’s wearing it, she can travel anywhere just by looking at a picture of that place. The first time it happens she’s looking at a picture of a tropical island where her parents are vacationing. At first she thinks she is dreaming but later learns it’s real. She ends up making multiple trips to the island (at one point her brother and best friend are with her) and meets a boy her age who is vacationing there. It ends on a sort of cliffhanger where she is debating about traveling to wherever the boy she meets lives. There are apparently two or three other books in this series but this is the first.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40644 comments Mod
Emily, please add some plot details to your header since hundreds of members are also looking for teen fantasy.

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily | 2 comments I saw your previous comment about adding more details to the header and I thought my changes would be enough...any suggestions as to what else I can add to make it more detailed?

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

It's fine now. So either you, or me (can't remember) or another mod put some details in it.

message 5: by John (last edited May 29, 2018 12:49AM) (new)

John | 21 comments That sounds like Jumper by Steven Gould. I don't remember there being a ring though. This is also a series and you may have read one of the other books.

Check out this list, it is books similar to Jumper it might be on it.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/simila...

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Emily, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Jumper (other topics)