New Adult Book Club discussion

Mia Sheridan
This topic is about Mia Sheridan
64 views
Author Q+A's > Mia Sheridan Q&A

Comments Showing 1-50 of 71 (71 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Nicola (new)

Nicola (nikki-lou) | 2115 comments

This week we have the super talented and much loved Mia Sheridan. Mia is the author of incredible books such as Archer's Voice, Leo, Stinger, Kyland, Grayson's Vow and Finding Eden and more!!

Mia is with us all week taking your questions. Leave your question/s for Mia below!


message 2: by tweety ✨ (new)

tweety ✨ (purplebass) | 155 comments Hi Mia! Have you ever dreamed a plot you've later used as the story of one of your books?


message 3: by Maria (new)

Maria Malaveci (mmalavec) | 22 comments Hi Mia! How did you come up with the books & each Horoscope sign to accompany them? Where did you get that idea?


message 4: by Jen (new)

Jen Martin | 9 comments Hi Mia! What was your favorite character to write about?


message 5: by Viktória (new)

Viktória Tóth (vikcs) | 17 comments Where did the idea came from to write a 'not so'- series where each book represent a different sing of the zodiac? Whisch is a brilliant idea by the way, I loved it!


message 6: by Lo Bookfrantic (new)

Lo Bookfrantic | 218 comments Hi Mia! What inspired you to write this story? How long would you say it took to write this specific story?

Thanks for your time!


Annie's reading corner | 53 comments Hi Mia!
What is the best and worst thing about being an author?
Love your books!!


message 8: by warhawke (new)

warhawke | 1599 comments Hello Mia!
Have you ever thought about writing other genre? If yes, which one and do you have plan to pursue is?


message 9: by Antonella (new)

Antonella | 237 comments Hello....
- What’s one thing you wish you knew how to do?
- Which one of your books was the hardest to write?
- Do your friends and family recognized them self in your characters?
-Can you give us a tiny hint about what you're writing next?


message 10: by Debra (new)

Debra Shutters (debrashutters) Who or What inspired you to become a writer?


message 11: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Ortiz | 733 comments Who are some of your favorite authors?


message 12: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Riggs (bookaholic817) | 9 comments How did the character of Archer come about? It is one of my favorite romance and love stories of all times. I don't read many books over and over but that's one of them. It's such a beautiful story.


message 13: by Grace (new)

Grace What has been your favorite book to write?


message 14: by JewelsyGoolsy (new)

JewelsyGoolsy | 15 comments Hi Mia :) I follow your Pinterest page because I loooove all your character and story inspiration boards. Especially the characters because my imagination is terrible and I rely on solid visuals sometimes. Will you be back on there and giving me more gold nuggets? I’d especially love to see your inspos for Most of all you. Cheers xxx


message 15: by Ronnie~ (new)

Ronnie~ (ronixwritesofficial) | 24 comments Hello, Mia! Have you always envisioned yourself to be a successful writer when you were young?


message 16: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (exbuffalo2001) | 198 comments What is your "must have" when you get into reading mode?


message 17: by Bookish Affair (new)

Bookish Affair (bookish_affair) | 11 comments Hey Mia, I loved every single book of yours and my question is- what inspired you to write such a unique cult plot for becoming Calder and finding Eden?


message 18: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Lilley (lilleyloohlah) | 130 comments Hi Mia. Fab giveaway, thank you. My question is, and I’m really hoping the answer is yes. Will you be coming to a UK signing anytime in the foreseeable future? Pam xxx


message 19: by Katrina (new)

Katrina Dehart | 133 comments Any genres you haven't written yet but thought about?


message 20: by Betül (new)

Betül (gemiinii) | 135 comments Hi Mia,

I am a huge fan! I was wondering what us readers can expect from you after the release of More Than Words & Dane's Storm? Also what type of scenes are the hardest to write?

Thank you!


message 21: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 122 comments ☆Tweety ☆ wrote: "Hi Mia! Have you ever dreamed a plot you've later used as the story of one of your books?"

Hi there!! You know, I keep WISHING that would happen as it would take so much of the work out of plotting! :D Sadly, it hasn't yet.


message 22: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 122 comments Maria wrote: "Hi Mia! How did you come up with the books & each Horoscope sign to accompany them? Where did you get that idea?"

Hi Maria! It's been a little bit different each time. Sometimes I set out to write about a sign (like in the case of Midnight Lily), and other times, I plot out the story, look at the zodiac legends, and one just clicks. Then I make small adjustments to the story, etc. But now that I'm down to the last two, I've had to get creative. ;)


message 23: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 122 comments Jen wrote: "Hi Mia! What was your favorite character to write about?"

Hmm... I really loved writing Kira's character from Grayson's Vow because she's different than me in so many ways. All my other heroine's definitely resemble me more (personality, reaction wise), and so to get out of my comfort zone a bit was good for me! :)


message 24: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 122 comments Viktória wrote: "Where did the idea came from to write a 'not so'- series where each book represent a different sing of the zodiac? Whisch is a brilliant idea by the way, I loved it!"

Thanks so much! The idea came to me as I was writing my first book, Leo. I saw an article one day on Yahoo about what signs were compatible together and the idea flowed from there! :) I just thought it was a fun little bonus to each story and a way to connect the collection. :)


message 25: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 122 comments Lo Bookfrantic wrote: "Hi Mia! What inspired you to write this story? How long would you say it took to write this specific story?

Thanks for your time!"


Hi there! I was really inspired (setting wise) by a recent trip to France my husband and I took. As far as the story... Jessie's character came to me first and then I wanted to create a hero who was really her opposite in so many ways... and see how they handled those challenges. ;) It took me about 3 months to write More Than Words. :)


message 26: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 122 comments Annie's reading corner wrote: "Hi Mia!
What is the best and worst thing about being an author?
Love your books!!"


Hi! Thank you so much! The best thing about being an author is that a big part of my job involves daydreaming and fantasizing! :) The worst part is putting small pieces of your heart out and being critiqued negatively. I still struggle a lot with that vulnerability.


message 27: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 122 comments warhawke wrote: "Hello Mia!
Have you ever thought about writing other genre? If yes, which one and do you have plan to pursue is?"


Hi there! I've always thought fantasy would be fun as I loved the world building in Becoming Calder. But at this time I don't have any plans to delve into fantasy. Maybe someday!


message 28: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 122 comments Antonella wrote: "Hello....
- What’s one thing you wish you knew how to do?
- Which one of your books was the hardest to write?
- Do your friends and family recognized them self in your characters?
-Can you give us ..."


Hi!
1). Bake! I'm so bad at it! Actually, it's more that I wish I loved to do it. I keep trying but I don't think it's my thing. :( I wish it was though as I admire people who make beautiful, delicious things in the kitchen so much!
2) Probably Becoming Calder/Finding Eden because it wasn't just a story, but there was a lot of world building involved too.
3) My husband thinks every hero is partially based on him... :D
4) Next up is a romance/mystery set on a huge horse farm in Kentucky!


message 29: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 122 comments Debra wrote: "Who or What inspired you to become a writer?"

My daughter, Darcy Rose, who we lost in 2012.


message 30: by J. (new)

J. (leaj) | 275 comments If you could be any book character, who would you choose and why?


message 31: by ~Viktorija~ (new)

~Viktorija~ | 698 comments Do you read your book reviews? How do you deal with bad or good ones?


message 32: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Monroe | 51 comments Hi Mia, who is your unicorn Author? Who, dead or alive, would you love to meet?


message 33: by Elle P. (new)

Elle P. Golden | 186 comments hi!!
Are a "one plot at a time" author, or do the ideas keep fighting over your head for attention?


message 34: by Elena (new)

Elena (elenak84) | 65 comments Hi beautiful Mia! What is your zodiac sign and if you have written a book about it do you relate with the character with the same sign as you?


Veronika's ReaderFeeder (veronikasreaderfeeder) | 11 comments Hi Mia, do you ever think about your characters after you finish a story, like they were real people? Like what would they do after the epilogue, if they would be happy..etc. :) It's a little funny, but as a reader I often catch myself thinking about the life of fictional characters, especially if they grew close to my heart. :)


message 36: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 122 comments Nicole wrote: "Who are some of your favorite authors?"

Hi Nicole! In the romance genre, I really love Amy Harmon! Her stories are always so unique and really speak to me. :)


message 37: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 122 comments Vanessa wrote: "How did the character of Archer come about? It is one of my favorite romance and love stories of all times. I don't read many books over and over but that's one of them. It's such a beautiful story."

Aw, thank you, Vanessa! I came up with Archer's character after I'd just read several romances in a row where the heroes sort of melted together in my mind. :( I was really craving a different sort of hero, someone considered "imperfect" perhaps, but who was sexy and desirable not in spite of, but because of, those traits.


message 38: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 122 comments Grace wrote: "What has been your favorite book to write?"

Hmm... I'd probably say Most of all You because even though the book tackled many tough subjects, that story really rolled right out of me. Much of it felt effortless whereas that is definitely not always the case!


message 39: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 122 comments JewelsyGoolsy wrote: "Hi Mia :) I follow your Pinterest page because I loooove all your character and story inspiration boards. Especially the characters because my imagination is terrible and I rely on solid visuals so..."

Aw thanks so much!! I really do need to update my Pinterest page, don't I? :D Thank you for the motivation!! I will do that as I love the visual aids as well. <3


message 40: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 122 comments Ronnie wrote: "Hello, Mia! Have you always envisioned yourself to be a successful writer when you were young?"

Hi there! Never! :D I actually never envisioned myself being a writer at all until I wrote my first book! So I always say, if I can do it, anyone can, and I mean it! :D


message 41: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 122 comments Cassie wrote: "What is your "must have" when you get into reading mode?"

Hi! :) Just a comfy place to sit with few interruptions! :D


message 42: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 122 comments bookish_affair wrote: "Hey Mia, I loved every single book of yours and my question is- what inspired you to write such a unique cult plot for becoming Calder and finding Eden?"

Hi and thank you so much!! I think the whole cult idea was floating around in my head and the idea just caught on. I found myself thinking about what it would be like to fall in love in a place like that and my imagination started to soar. :D


message 43: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 122 comments Pamela wrote: "Hi Mia. Fab giveaway, thank you. My question is, and I’m really hoping the answer is yes. Will you be coming to a UK signing anytime in the foreseeable future? Pam xxx"

Hi Pam! Oh I'd LOVE to visit the UK! International travel is challenging for me with 4 young kids at home, but it's definitely a dream! Someday!!


message 44: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 122 comments Katrina wrote: "Any genres you haven't written yet but thought about?"

I've thought about fantasy as I think the world building would be so much fun! Perhaps someday if a story comes to me ... :D


message 45: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 122 comments Betul wrote: "Hi Mia,

I am a huge fan! I was wondering what us readers can expect from you after the release of More Than Words & Dane's Storm? Also what type of scenes are the hardest to write?

Thank you!"


Hi Betul! <3 Thank you!! After Dane's Storm, I will have the second to last Sign of Love releasing! It is based on Capricorn and has a bit of a mystery element. ;) :D I'd say the hardest scenes to write are actually the scenes where I'm just getting characters from here to there (so to speak). I love writing the emotional stuff, but the sort of necessary but not that exciting scenes can be monotonous even if it's only a paragraph or two! :D


message 46: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 12 comments What are your 5 favourite romance novels?


message 47: by Emily (new)

Emily Katherine (emkaybee24) | 107 comments Sorry if this has been asked before, but are you planning on writing another story with Archer and Bree?


Jess - A Latte Books to Read (alattebookstoread) | 51 comments Hi Mia, I've read a few of your books and I must say, I really liked them! Where do you get your inspiration from?


message 49: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 122 comments J. wrote: "If you could be any book character, who would you choose and why?"

That's a tough one! Hmm... I'm going to go with Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice because . . . Mr. Darcy. :D And I just love her, and the story, and the happily ever after. Sigh.


message 50: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 122 comments ~Victoria~ wrote: "Do you read your book reviews? How do you deal with bad or good ones?"

I don't anymore unless a reader sends me one personally. :) I read enough in the beginning that I get what people love and hate about my writing/stories. But it's really difficult for me not to let the negative voices ring in my head when I'm writing and that's not creatively beneficial. My husband reads my reviews sometimes and once in a while will read me a really nice one, but the mean ones wound me and I can't seem to thicken my skin against them, so it's best if I stay away. I don't truly think negative reviews are for the author anyway. I think they're to warn away other like-minded readers so that can be a good thing! I just don't need the words repeating in my head as they tend to do. :)


« previous 1
back to top