Horror Aficionados discussion

Kill Creek
This topic is about Kill Creek
Audio Group Listens > June 2018 Group Listen-Kill CREEK

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Char  | 16835 comments Mod
The winner of our June Group Listen poll is Kill Creek!Kill Creek. We hope you'll join us in listening! Please be careful of spoilers and Happy Listening!

Latasha (latasha513) | 11291 comments Mod
this is such a great one, I hope everyone loves it as much as I did.

Vicki Willis I have this one on audible and am excited to get to it. I just need to finish up the one I am listenting to know. This one is longer close to 16 hours! than the ones I have been listening to, so I hope it is good!

message 4: by Trey (new)

Trey | 19 comments Apologies if the answer to the following is already posted elsewhere:
For the audiobook, do we regulate progression? Meaning, do we only listen to a few chapters a day or a few hours a day?

Trey wrote: "Apologies if the answer to the following is already posted elsewhere:
For the audiobook, do we regulate progression? Meaning, do we only listen to a few chapters a day or a few hours a day?"

no, you can listen to how much ever you want. you have the whole month to listen, so each person goes at his/her own pace.

I’m glad this won because I think the audio was outstanding. I hope everyone enjoys it!

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 6458 comments Mod
LOVED this book!!!

Andrew “The Weirdling” Glos | 71 comments I’m in! Totally looking forward to this...

message 9: by April (new) - added it

April Teesdale (aprilteesdale) | 44 comments I’m so excited I could hardly wait to see the winner!!

message 10: by Ami (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ami | 211 comments Ok, everyone here says such great things about this one, so I’m in!

Empress Reece (Hooked on Books) (empressreece) | 86 comments I just finished this so going to pass on this one. Fantastic book though-hope you guys enjoy!

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 1471 comments I just listened to it and can't wait to read the comments as everyone else discovers it.

message 13: by Jen (new) - added it

Jen (delphyne) | 69 comments Oh nice! I put my listen on hold when the new King came out. I'll have to check in with the group when I get back to it. (It's really good!)

message 14: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Boylan | 14 comments I’ve been listening to this on my commute this month. Can’t wait to hear what people think about it.

message 15: by Ami (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ami | 211 comments The area this house is in is about 30 mins from where I live. O___o

Go see if you can find it!

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 6458 comments Mod
Ami wrote: "The area this house is in is about 30 mins from where I live. O___o"

I would LOVE to see that in person!

L. Smashing (l_smashing) | 80 comments So I can't really enjoy audiobooks so I figured I would read it instead and just follow the discussion, but I'm about halfway through and I found something that's really bugging me and it pulled me out of my enjoyment. I was wondering if anyone else caught this.
(view spoiler)

message 19: by Lisa (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lisa | 515 comments Laurasmash, I'm going to read it also, I generally just do audio books on long drives.

Michael Hicks (michaelpatrickhicks) | 989 comments I'm glad I bit on the Audible Daily Deal for this one a short while ago. I'm up to track 5 and have a feeling, based on her introduction, TC Moore is going to be my favorite.

I did the same, (grabbed this when it was the Deal of the Day, even though I already had bought the book!), and I'm very happy with my decision. Moore is memorable, for sure.

Alabama Vee (alabamavee) | 114 comments Started this yesterday about quarter through, am hooked already. great haunted house set , really love the group of people, cant wait to get back to it.

Andrew “The Weirdling” Glos | 71 comments I’ve got only an hour left. This book is soooo freakin’ good! I can’t believe it’s his first novel. I’ve been losing a lot of sleep listening to this book. I’m a mess at work. lol

Andrew wrote: "I’ve got only an hour left. This book is soooo freakin’ good! I can’t believe it’s his first novel. I’ve been losing a lot of sleep listening to this book. I’m a mess at work. lol"

LOL I was the same way! I still cannot believe this was a debut novel.
I'm so pleased that everyone seems to be enjoying it.

laurasmash wrote: "So I can't really enjoy audiobooks so I figured I would read it instead and just follow the discussion, but I'm about halfway through and I found something that's really bugging me and it pulled me..."

I did not pick up on that laurasmash. Perhaps I would have had I been reading, but with listening that's not something I noticed.

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 1471 comments laurasmash wrote: "So I can't really enjoy audiobooks so I figured I would read it instead and just follow the discussion, but I'm about halfway through and I found something that's really bugging me and it pulled me..."

I remember thinking something wasn't right about that timeline but then I was distracted and forgot about it but you may be right.

Andrew “The Weirdling” Glos | 71 comments Finished. Oh my goodness, it was soooo good.

L. Smashing (l_smashing) | 80 comments Bark wrote: "I remember thinking something wasn't right about that timeline but then I was distracted and forgot about it but you may be right."

I think I only noticed it because it was in the space of like 5 paragraphs and I read it over and over again going, wait... what?

message 29: by Jamie (new) - added it

Jamie Zaccaria | 161 comments I haven't started this yet and I'm considering waiting until September/October because it is a halloween-themed book. Can you guys tell me without spoiling it, how much is the Halloween-ness prevalent? Should I wait until the season or does it not matter?

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 1471 comments Jamie wrote: "I haven't started this yet and I'm considering waiting until September/October because it is a halloween-themed book. Can you guys tell me without spoiling it, how much is the Halloween-ness preval..."

Honestly, it doesn't really matter. It's not very "Halloweeny" to me other than they choose to move in there on Halloween for the live stream.

Yeah, the Halloween-ness is not prevalent at all. And since you asked, I think you should read it now!

message 32: by Jamie (new) - added it

Jamie Zaccaria | 161 comments Char wrote: "Yeah, the Halloween-ness is not prevalent at all. And since you asked, I think you should read it now!"

thanks everyone!

I think you should too. And I’m glad too everyone is loving this.

L. Smashing (l_smashing) | 80 comments oh man. I just finished. Thanks for finally getting me to read this book instead of putting it off! Holy stromboli. I hope everyone else enjoys it as much as I did!

laurasmash wrote: "oh man. I just finished. Thanks for finally getting me to read this book instead of putting it off! Holy stromboli. I hope everyone else enjoys it as much as I did!"

Yayyyyy! I'm glad you enjoyed it! (view spoiler)

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 1471 comments Char wrote: "spoilery stuff'..."

I know I wouldn't turn away a sequel! And I LOVED the ending. (view spoiler)

L. Smashing (l_smashing) | 80 comments Char --- (view spoiler)

I would normally agree with you, lauramash, and perhaps you're right, but if there is one, I will most definitely will read it!

laurasmash wrote: "So I can't really enjoy audiobooks so I figured I would read it instead and just follow the discussion, but I'm about halfway through and I found something that's really bugging me and it pulled me..."

oohh, I listened so I didn't catch that.

I didn't see that end coming at all. I should've but didn't. I'm if on sequels but I'd read or listen to it if there was one.

Funny, (view spoiler)

Michael Hicks (michaelpatrickhicks) | 989 comments Well, I'm down to the last couple hours. Should have it finished up by tomorrow night. (view spoiler)

Michael wrote: "Well, I'm down to the last couple hours. Should have it finished up by tomorrow night. [spoilers removed]"

You have a ways to go sir. ;)

Michael Hicks (michaelpatrickhicks) | 989 comments Char wrote: "Michael wrote: "Well, I'm down to the last couple hours. Should have it finished up by tomorrow night. [spoilers removed]"

You have a ways to go sir. ;)"

Yeah, just a bit. This is a great book, though.

aPriL does feral sometimes  (cheshirescratch) Great book! Scary!

message 46: by Lisa (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lisa | 515 comments This was a fun read, and pretty scary at times. (view spoiler)

Vicki Willis I started this one.
I am about 20% now.
I really like the writing and how he introduced all the characters. I feel like things are going to start moving fast now.

Lisa wrote: "This was a fun read, and pretty scary at times. [spoilers removed]"

You might be right about that. (view spoiler)

message 49: by Lisa (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lisa | 515 comments Char wrote: "Lisa wrote: "This was a fun read, and pretty scary at times. [spoilers removed]"

You might be right about that. [spoilers removed]"

Yes indeed 😊

Robert Mingee (robertmingee) | 776 comments I listened until the 60-70% point, then I bought a copy of the ebook because we were about to take a plane trip, and I figured that was the better approach to finish.

Wow - this is an amazing first novel! (view spoiler)

I very much look forward to future works from "the other Scott Thomas". :-)

« previous 1