Stephen King Book Club discussion

The Outsider
This topic is about The Outsider
The Outsider > The Outsider *spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (last edited May 27, 2018 06:07AM) (new)

Lisa (lisarhianon) | 56 comments Mod
Last week Stephen King's new book The Outsider was published. Although it is too late to choose this book for June I thought I would add a discussion thread anyway as I imagine a few people will be picking it up soon.

Feel free to discuss anything about the book here but remember that this will be a spoiler thread so please DON'T read this thread if you don't want to be spoiled for his new book!

Philip | 2 comments Ok so I am still having trouble seeing in my mind what "straws for eyes," means. Anyone want to share their opinions on it.

message 3: by Ryan (new) - added it

Ryan (haplesshacker) | 1 comments I took it as a reference to the repeated line in Desperation about ‘holes for eyes’, except extended back. So, instead of just an opening for an eye, maybe like a tunnel? Because the other way, extended forward, it would just seem like it would have been easier to say something like eye-stalks without the eyes at the end. ;) Plus that just seems a lot more silly than scary.

message 4: by Ron (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ron | 2 comments Straws for eyes I pictured light coming out in straight lines like Yanish in Ghostbusters 2. Can be a little silly but that dude was creepy anyway.