Play Book Tag discussion

The Sisters Brothers
This topic is about The Sisters Brothers
Archive: Other Books > (Decathlon) The Sisters Brothers by Patrick deWitt - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sushicat | 805 comments Man Booker shortlists 2011

The Sisters brothers are on a job for the Commodore to kill a man he accuses of theft. On their way from Oregon to the gold fields of California they cross paths with a long list of colorful characters, the encounters narrated and commented on by Eli, the younger of the two, who is disenchanted with his choice of career and longs for a quieter life. At times thoughtful or funny, this is a very enjoyable read. I'm looking forward for the upcoming movie.

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 6405 comments There's gonna be a movie? Starring ????

message 3: by Sushicat (last edited May 29, 2018 10:40PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sushicat | 805 comments Book Concierge wrote: "There's gonna be a movie? Starring ????"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_S...

Cast:
John C. Reilly as Eli Sisters
Joaquin Phoenix as Charlie Sisters
Jake Gyllenhaal as Morris
Riz Ahmed as Hermann Kermit Warm

Release date is in October

message 4: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments I’m going to be honest. I really want to read this because of the cover.

Tracy (tstan) | 1238 comments I liked this. If I remember correctly, there’s some clever wordplay in the book, and not just the title.

Sushicat | 805 comments The cover did it for me as well.