What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Darkangel (Darkangel Trilogy, #1)
This topic is about The Darkangel
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Young adult fantasy, may be a series, read in early 2000s girl given to by cursed prince, to save his life she is forced to switch hearts with him and his heart is covered in metal which she melts off. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle Jones (new)

Michelle Jones | 2 comments Spoilers:
She has some kind of advisor or sidekick that helps her with the heart transplant, but I don't remember anything about them. The heart that she transplants from the prince is covered in metal and she must melt it off before she puts it in her body which almost kills her. Definitely full of fantasy and Magic.
They fall in love but she never trusts the love since their hearts are switched, so eventually she switches their hearts back. Can't remember if they stay together, but I feel like they don't.
The only other thing I remember, since I read it a long time ago in middle school, was a description of how her hair and her skin changed, she became tanner and blonder/maybe more attractive?, because she had to travel through a desert for some reason. I was going through a Tamora Pierce kick at the time, so it is probably a similar author. The book was in my school library so I have not been able to ever find it again, but the heart being covered in metal and transplanting the heart has really stayed with me.

message 2: by Sue (new) - added it

Sue Elleker | 860 comments The Darkangel by Meredith Pierce. (Probably why you thought it was Tamora) There are 2 sequels-'A Gathering of Gargoyles' and 'The Pearl at the Soul of the World'. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dar...

message 3: by Michelle Jones (new)

Michelle Jones | 2 comments Thank you so much! You cannot believe how much this is haunted me. The connection to Tamara Pierce totally makes sense now too.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36605 comments Mod
The Darkangel by Meredith Ann Pierce for Sue's find

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Darkangel (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Meredith Ann Pierce (other topics)