Our Great American Read discussion

General > We Need a New Administrator!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Theri (new)

Theri (theriereads) Hi All,
I can no longer be the administrator for this group. Denise is doing another group on facebook, so she has said she doesn't want to do this one. Would any of you be willing to be the administrator of this virtual group? Please let me know asap!
Thank you!

message 2: by Janet (new)

Janet (goodreadscomjanetj) | 96 comments I would prefer not to but if no one else steps up I can give it a try. I have never done it before so not sure what will happen.

message 3: by Theri (new)

Theri (theriereads) Janet, that would be wonderful! I had never done it before, either. I just accepted the people who wrote to me asking to be a member of the group and then read everyone's posts. That's about all there is to it!

message 4: by Janet (last edited May 27, 2018 02:47PM) (new)

Janet (goodreadscomjanetj) | 96 comments After the three books that we have already selected, I will probably set up a nominating and polling system. I thought that perhaps we could have a young adult/children's category, a not young adult/children's category(name to be determined - I hesitate to call it adult because that could be misinterpreted) and perhaps a series category. We could read one of each of the first two categories a month and also if we had a series category we could do one book a month for as long as the series lasted. The books would have to be on the Great American read list. This way people could read as many as they chose but would not feel obligated to do all of them. They could just pick a category.
I just looked up lists of genres and the genre I was talking about is called adult fiction- we could call it that or grownup fiction.

message 5: by Janet (new)

Janet (goodreadscomjanetj) | 96 comments Theri has decided that she has the time to fulfil moderator duties again so she will be backup moderator. Glad to have you back Theri.

message 6: by Janet (new)

Janet (goodreadscomjanetj) | 96 comments Yes I plan to continue.