Jewish Historical Fiction discussion

Star Sapphire
This topic is about Star Sapphire
Found another one!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Mirta Trupp | 70 comments Mod
Sadly, not available as an ebook, but looks interesting.

message 2: by Stacey B (new)

Stacey B | 1 comments I have never seen this group, so I clicked on it.
What a wonderful surprise to see you here as the moderator.
It couldn't be a more perfect fit!!! xo

message 3: by Mirta (last edited May 27, 2018 09:55AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Stacey wrote: "I have never seen this group, so I clicked on it.
What a wonderful surprise to see you here as the moderator.
It couldn't be a more perfect fit!!! xo"

Thanks Stacey! I'm on a wild goose hunt trying to find historical fiction with Jewish characters that are not stereotypical or anti-Semitic. The other issue I'm finding is that there are some works out there with Jewish protagonists, but they fall in love and convert. How droll.

message 4: by Marcia (new)

Marcia Fine | 1 comments Yes, this is interesting! Exactly what are the dates for "Period Drama?"

message 5: by Mirta (last edited May 28, 2018 01:01PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Marcia wrote: "Yes, this is interesting! Exactly what are the dates for "Period Drama?""

Marcia, while I have a penchant for the Georgian, Victorian and Edwardian eras, I think it only fair that you make the determination for yourself! By all means, include your works!

message 6: by Shira (new)

Shira Reiss | 1 comments Do you consider turn of the century American Jewish immigrant stories Jewish Period Drama? I just read 2 of them. Modern Girls and Boston Girl.

message 7: by Mirta (last edited May 28, 2018 05:50PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Shira wrote: "Do you consider turn of the century American Jewish immigrant stories Jewish Period Drama? I just read 2 of them. Modern Girls and Boston Girl."
Sure! Why not? Add them to the list if you like. I'm just trying to stay away from Holocaust stories.