Year-long NaNo discussion

Hannah Schuck > The Kings Daughters

Comments Showing 1-50 of 72 (72 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 1745 comments This is a series I'm working on.... not sure what's going to come of it...

( I am not good at this *bites nails nervously* )

I shall post little inscriptions of each chapter as I get father and farther on... this is actually just getting started for me so you all will get to hear the beginning as it progresses! ( Yeah! ) Well.... I better go get started!

message 2: by Nicki (new)

Nicki Chapelway | 2171 comments Hannah Schuck wrote: "This is a series I'm working on.... not sure what's going to come of it...

( I am not good at this *bites nails nervously* )

I shall post little inscriptions of each chapter as I get father and..."

Hey, you're fine. There's no "right" way to do this. I have literally no idea for my Sci-Fi WIP except for some ideas for what I want to do later on in the series.

Is this your Rapunzel retelling?

message 3: by Lena, Mage (new)

Lena (lenakarynn) | 1268 comments Mod
Good luck Hannah! :)

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 1745 comments Thanks all! I'm gonna try! Glad I didn't have to pass a test or anything! 😊
@ Nicki Yep it is! The Repunzal retelling is the first in the series! I hope to do Pocahontas second, Mulan third, and... oh wait... I don't know if I will complete it or if this is the way it will go, but anyways...
@ Shine Yeah.... trouble always comes when I say I'm going to finish it. That's why I say "maybe"

message 5: by Loretta (new)

Loretta Marchize (goodreadscomloretta_mz) | 59 comments Oo a Rapunzel retelling! I love retellings! I'll be looking forward to more information!

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 1745 comments Thanks! Ill keep working... the more support the faster I work!

message 7: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 1745 comments Alright I finally have enough time to put out a snippet of the prologue! ( *cheers* ) So anyways.... here goes....

Snippet ~

BELOW THE OCHIL HILL SOUTH-WEST OF TILLICOULTRY, WHITE WISP VILLAGE : 1228

She sucked in a deep breath, "I only wonder why I was so important to him."
The Duchess pierced Kavonna with a sharp look, "Its because he loves you. Nothing is stronger than his love Ka. Nothing."
Kavonna looked up at the rugged old oak cross that was now empty. Blood was dripping down the side and memories of anguish clung to it.
Tears again spilled out of Kavonna's vibrant green eyes, "If Jesus died for us all then why doesn't everyone know?"

Well this is the prologue.... I have no idea what to call this story yet... so bare with me as I decide.

message 8: by Loretta (new)

Loretta Marchize (goodreadscomloretta_mz) | 59 comments Hannah Schuck wrote: "Alright I finally have enough time to put out a snippet of the prologue! ( *cheers* ) So anyways.... here goes....

Snippet ~

BELOW THE OCHIL HILL SOUTH-WEST OF TILLICOULTRY, WHITE WISP VILLAGE :..."

Hmm, interesting! Now I want to know... who is this Kavonna, and who is the duchess?

message 9: by Nicki (new)

Nicki Chapelway | 2171 comments Hannah Schuck wrote: "Alright I finally have enough time to put out a snippet of the prologue! ( *cheers* ) So anyways.... here goes....

Snippet ~

BELOW THE OCHIL HILL SOUTH-WEST OF TILLICOULTRY, WHITE WISP VILLAGE :..."

Honestly this excerpt makes me think of the Dream of the Rood. I've read too much Medieval literature *runs off sobbing*

message 10: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 1745 comments @ Loretta ~ Thanks! I need all the support I can get! ;)

@ Nicki ~ Seriously? Never heard of that book before.... *muses quietly to self* I hope I haven't been copying other people's work.... *sigh*

message 11: by Nicki (new)

Nicki Chapelway | 2171 comments Hannah Schuck wrote: "@ Loretta ~ Thanks! I need all the support I can get! ;)

@ Nicki ~ Seriously? Never heard of that book before.... *muses quietly to self* I hope I haven't been copying other people's work.... *sigh*"

It's a poem, a medieval poem, I think you're safe ;P I just thought that the part about the blood stained cross sounded like a section of the poem,

"Bedewed with blood and drenched with flowing gore,
At other times it was bedecked with treasure.
So I lay watching there the Saviour's tree,
Grieving in spirit for a long, long while,"

message 12: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 1745 comments Oh.... well I have never read the book, let alone heard of it before. So... I think I'm safe.... I hope I'm safe.

message 13: by Nicki (new)

Nicki Chapelway | 2171 comments Hannah Schuck wrote: "Oh.... well I have never read the book, let alone heard of it before. So... I think I'm safe.... I hope I'm safe."

Unless you have the cross start talking to your main character and describing its journey then I'm sure you're fine ;P

message 14: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 1745 comments Ummm yeah.... that's doesn't happen sorry...

*parties* I'm safe, Oh Yeah!!

message 15: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 1745 comments Alrighty! Second day... we shall see how good I do at posting on this site... lol

Snippet ~

BELOW THE OCHIL HILL SOUTH-WEST OF TILLICOULTRY, TARNISH FOREST : 1237

"Now, now what's the rush? Do you not wish to chat before you go?" Mother Avail asked curiously.
Kavonna looked back her eyes sparkling with intense eagerness, "Oh I would mother but there is a stranger at the castle that I must tend to at once."
Mother Avail looked at Kavonna with a surprised expression on her face, " A stranger?"

( This is part of chapter one. )

message 16: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 1745 comments Snippet ~

He seemed to growl beneath his breath as he targeted her with his anger, "Why am I in the dungeon?"

message 17: by Nicki (new)

Nicki Chapelway | 2171 comments Hannah Schuck wrote: "Snippet ~

He seemed to growl beneath his breath as he targeted her with his anger, "Why am I in the dungeon?""

Why indeed... hmm...

message 18: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 1745 comments XD XD

~ Hmmm.... you shall have to read it ;D ~ to many spoiler alerts... so I can't tell.

message 19: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 1745 comments Oh man!! I am getting farther along in the book!! This is so exciting!!

message 20: by R.A. (new)

R.A. | 313 comments Hannah Schuck wrote: "Oh man!! I am getting farther along in the book!! This is so exciting!!"

YAY!!!!!!! :D You can do this!

message 21: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 1745 comments Thank you, I shall try.... never published a book before, but I have wrote plenty of them. So if I can finish it, and it's worth publishing then this shall be a MAJOR breakthrough for me!

message 22: by R.A. (new)

R.A. | 313 comments That would be great!!! :) I'm the same, I've written several books, but never published!

message 23: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 1745 comments Aww... I hope you can get one published soon!

message 24: by R.A. (new)

R.A. | 313 comments Me too!

message 25: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 1745 comments All we can do is pray and write how we write best!

message 26: by R.A. (new)

R.A. | 313 comments That's true!

message 27: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 1745 comments ;D

message 28: by Elizabeth (new)

Kavonna turned around and stalked towards the study door. Her eyes shot sparks at the Duke. Never before had she felt such angry desperation, "You told me I could take care of his wound! That's what I'm going to do!" She slammed the door shut behind her before he could respond and bolted up the stairs.

message 29: by R.A. (new)

R.A. | 313 comments Hannah Schuck wrote: "Snippet ~

Kavonna turned around and stalked towards the study door. Her eyes shot sparks at the Duke. Never before had she felt such angry desperation, "You told me I could take care of his wound!..."

Nice snippet! :D What genre is this book?

message 30: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 1745 comments Well.... it's a mix of four ( I think ) Christian Fiction / Christian Romance / Adventure / Princess Retelling

message 31: by R.A. (new)

R.A. | 313 comments Haha, okay!! Sounds interesting!

message 32: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 1745 comments Thanks! I don't know how long it shall take to write... but I do know that it's going to be extremely long...

message 33: by R.A. (new)

R.A. | 313 comments Yeah.. what is your word count at the moment?

message 34: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 1745 comments Ummm... last I checked 4,009

message 35: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 1745 comments I'm working on chapter 2

message 36: by R.A. (new)

R.A. | 313 comments YAY!

message 37: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 1745 comments Ik!! *Jumps up and down*

message 38: by R.A. (new)

R.A. | 313 comments Make sure you put me down as one of your advanced readers when it's done! :D

message 39: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 1745 comments I shall be sure to do that! I have like.... four people ( including you now ) that I can send a copy to, to be an advanced reader for me!

message 40: by R.A. (new)

R.A. | 313 comments Yay, now I'm excited!!!!!! 😂

message 41: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 1745 comments Really!? I have very few people interested in my books! You have made me quite happy! Thank you! 😊

message 42: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 1745 comments Really!? I have very few people interested in my books!! You have made my day! Thank you! 😊

message 43: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 1745 comments *oops my kindle decided it wanted to print my message twice....

message 44: by Elizabeth (new)

He walked over to the window and looked out at the rows upon rows of flowering bushes. "Kavonna." His voice came out ruff and gravelly, "We need to talk."

message 45: by R.A. (new)

R.A. | 313 comments Aww, glad I made you happy!!! :)

By the way, you can delete comments, so if your comments come up twice delete one of them!!

Ohh I like that snippet!

message 46: by Nicki (new)

Nicki Chapelway | 2171 comments Great progress, Hannah! And interesting snippets :P

message 47: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 1745 comments 😊

Oh... I shall need to do that...

Thanks!

message 48: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 1745 comments Thanks Nicki! I have enjoyed reading your snippets too! They remind me of your personality!!

message 49: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 1745 comments "No Kavonna, it's because he bares Raja's crest and those who bare his crest are always highly trained. I don't know what to expect from him. Anything could happen. This is the main reason why I don't want to going back down there." Duke Dayton started pacing again, "---------------"

I can't continue because of a spoiler ... *huff* there's to many of those around here....

message 50: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 1745 comments *that was a snippet* which I ment to put at the top.... *slaps hand to forehead*

« previous 1