Outpost 1264, Devaria discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 75 (75 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by dashofmagic, Chocolate and Starlight (new)

dashofmagic | 299 comments Mod

message 2: by ladybug (last edited May 27, 2018 11:59AM) (new)

ladybug | 58 comments Mod
Sandra sat against a tree, still in shock. She wasn't human. She had some type of animal skin. At least half of her boy was covered in leopard fur. She knew that this was not normal, but she couldn't quite remember what was normal, which was her problem. There were others like her, though, so at least she knew she wasn't alone. Another fact she'd discovered while going through her memories was that she knew basic math and academical things. How, she didn't know, but at the moment, what mattered was discovering all she knew.

message 3: by Arthur (new)

Arthur Lopez (thequiettalkingkid) | 179 comments Mod
Dean walked around the grove. He loved it there, makes sense since he was half lion. But he didn't like to think about that part. Because that meant he would have to think about the tail trailing behind him, his pointy teeth, hairy beard, and paws. Dean could change it to make him look like a regular teen but it was hard to do. That's what he's trying to do now. Not totally, just make the beard go away at least. He whimpered in pain. It hurt, a lot.

message 4: by ladybug (new)

Sandra sharply looked up. She heard someone. They definitely weren't very close to her yet, since she would have sensed them earlier, but they were near enough for her curl her fingers and check that her claws were sharp. Baring her teeth, she dropped onto her stomach. Good. The grass was long enough, even if it was planted there by scientists, so she could hide easily. She sniffed the air. Wait...no, that was a lion hybrid. That meant that it was likely...he, she decided, by the smell, already sensed her. Not good. It was possible he didn't want to fight her...but why wouldn't he? She lowered her head onto the ground. She was hidden.

message 5: by Arthur (new)

His ears perked up, he heard someone. He sniffed the air, a...leopard. His claws came out. What? No! Dean closed his eyes and put his hand at the side of his head, stop! He said in his head. He fell to his knees and felt himself turn to a lion but then turn back to human. He opened his eyes, he was human. But his tail was still out. Dean looked around and saw the leopard. It was close, "I-I don't want any t-trouble."

message 6: by ladybug (new)

Sandra watched cautiously. The lion hybrid seemed to be in pain, or something similar. He fell to the ground, transforming into a lion, then back into a half human half lion a split second after. Interesting...and frightening. He could transform his whole body into a lion? It seemed that it wasn't at will, and more a thing that happened when he wasn't concentrating. Well, no matter. That made him all the more dangerous. Despite his words, "i don't want any trouble" could easily be a lie. She didn't know. But for the moment, she'd refrain from attacking him. She would have remained in hiding, but he'd obviously already smelled her and knew her exact location, so she carefully stood up. She'd found a white dress that fell down to her knees in the infirmary. Probably some type of hospital dress, but she felt better being covered, even if it was only covering leopard skin. The only human skin she had was on the right side of her face. "That's good. I don't want any either." She said cheerfully. The cheer was fake.

message 7: by Arthur (new)

Dean leaned against a tree breathing heavily. His head hurt so did his whole body. But he didn't show it. The girl seemed ready to fight. She stood up, he didn't see it before, her face was half leopard. That didn't make any less pretty. Her cheerfulness was obviously fake, he wasn't an idiot. That means she doesn't trust him. Great. Someone who hate him, he just got here. Dean sighed and looked at her, "what's your name?"

message 8: by ladybug (new)

Sandra's name was the only clear memory she had from before. She pondered for a moment, deciding whether or not to tell the lion hybrid. Well, it wouldn't do any harm, so she might as well. "Cassandra Elizabeth Alcedria, at your service," she said with a bow. Smiling innocently, she observed the lion hybrid. He actually looked like he was in pain. Hmm. Interesting. But why would he be? She couldn't think of any reason. Although she knew she herself looked disgusting, she hadn't felt any pain. Perhaps the lion hybrid's experiment hadn't worked properly?

message 9: by Arthur (new)

Dean nodded, "pleasure." He said. The tail, that he hated oh so much, came at his face. He pushed it away, the stupid thing had a mind of its own. He couldn't do anything with it. The doctors or 'scientists' told him that he would have trouble controlling how he looked, acted, and ate. That meant he could eat this girl and he wouldn't be able to stop it, his eyes widened. Dean hadn't realized that. He stood up, "stay away from me." He said panicked. Dean didn't want to hurt anyone, why did they do this to him?

message 10: by ladybug (new)

"Hmmm, and why is that?" Sandra knew why. Obviously he felt that he couldn't control his lion self, but what did he think? That she wouldn't be able to defend herself? She knew she was being stupid and prideful, but she hated being looked down on. "Besides, you haven't introduced yourself to me yet. It's considered rude to ask someone's name then walk away."

message 11: by Arthur (last edited May 27, 2018 12:55PM) (new)

He shook his head, did she think he was scared? Was she so confident that she thought he couldn't do anything? He rolled his eyes. He couldn't stand how some people were so confident. How they used their hybrid form at their advantage. "I'm Dean." He said quickly, then he turned around and started walking away. He felt his claws come out.

message 12: by ladybug (last edited May 27, 2018 12:56PM) (new)

Arrogant boy, she thought to herself. She followed him. She knew she was being extremely stupid, but she wanted to see him transform. That, and he was getting on her nerves. She crouched and stared at his hand. Claws were growing there.

message 13: by Arthur (new)

He closed his hands to fists, trying to make them normal. But they just cut his skin. "Ah!" He looked down, blood dripped from his hands. Dean sighed and put his hands to his sides still walking. "Stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it!" He said. But is was no use. Hair grew on his beard, the trees got taller and he was a lion. He was on all fours and his injuries hurt. But he had to walk. Dean walked around sniffing the air, he smelled food.

message 14: by ladybug (new)

Sandra backed away. Oh no oh no. His scent had completely changed as he transformed into a lion. Not good. She backed away, then climbed the highest tree she could find, hiding among the branches in the top. She still wasn't safe, but if she stayed up here, she would have enough time to get out to somewhere safe.

message 15: by Arthur (new)

He growled, he hadn't realize how hungry he was. Dean went to a tree and put a paw on it, lifting himself higher, so he should get a better sniff. The smell was stronger. Was it a bird? Or maybe an animal climbed up the tree? He scratched at the tree and whimpered. The human part of him was trying to change back. Dean's claws were changing from paws to hands. He was confused.

message 16: by ladybug (new)

Sandra narrowed her eyes. The lion hy-no, Dean, his name was Dean, was attempting to climb her tree. His hands kept switching from human to lion to human again. That wasn't good. He wasn't in control. Though it hurt her pride to say this, she knew that lion's were at least a bit stronger than leopards, so she wasn't sure what the outcome of their fight would be if it came to that. She growled, extending her claws. Did she have enough time? She wasn't sure if she was faster than him. This wasn't good.

message 17: by Arthur (new)

He froze, the leopard. Cassandra. She was up there. Dean started struggling more. Turn back! He thought. NOW. He slowly changed back. Paws to hands, mane to beard, legs to arms, fur to clothes. Dean sighed, relieved. But then he double over in pain. "Ahh!!" He yelled. His heart felt like it was being stabbed. Dean closed his eyes tight willing the pain to go away. He groaned and fell to the ground, he passed out.

message 18: by ladybug (new)

Sandra watched as Dean spasmed on the ground. After several seconds, he managed to stay mostly human, but she could see from a glance that he was in extreme pain. Extreme pain. Suddenly, he fell to the ground. She eyed him from the tree for a few seconds, then determined that he had passed out. Leaping down from the tree, she landed by his side. Cautiously, she poked his cheek. He didn't move. Gaah, what a pain, she thought to herself, but I suppose he did stop himself from killing me. Picking him up, she dropped him over her shoulder and started walking to the infirmary, still holding him. I look like a complete idiot. She thought. Eh, whatever.

message 19: by ladybug (new)

((XD Imagine how this looks: a leopard girl holding a lion guy over her shoulder casually and walking around...good thing none of the people/hybrids here are normal...))

message 20: by Arthur (last edited May 27, 2018 02:09PM) (new)

((XD))

Dean woke up and saw the ground, but it was moving. Was he walking? Was the Earth moving under his feet? No, it was Cassandra....carrying him. He saw her dress and her leopard leg. He blushed, was she carrying him to the infirmary? Dean smiled a little but then fell unconscious again, losing his smile.

message 21: by ladybug (new)

Sandra felt Dean's head tense for a moment. He must be awake now, she thought to herself. After several seconds, he went limp again. She smiled faintly, ignoring the stares people were sending toward her. Winding around a tree, she reached the door leading back into the building. Opening it with a hand, she stepped in. "Now...where the hell is the infirmary..." She said to herself, peering around. A girl with a fish tail and gills all over her face pointed to the left, looking faintly sick. Sandra heard her mutter, "urgh I'm going to suffocate if I can't find a swimming pool, or a bath tub at the least. And I'd rather not stoop as low to stick my head in a toilet." Snickering, Sandra turned to the left, but stopped as the fish girl said something again. "Are you guys a couple or something? You look like one." Sandra's face burned. Was that true? "No," she snapped. She started walking faster.

message 22: by Arthur (new)

Dean woke up again. His lips were dry and his body was sore. This time he was on a bed and he didn't see Cassie. Did she leave? He looked around na saw her, he sighed. Thanks the gods, he thought. Then he shook his head. Dean shouldn't be happy that she was here. The last time they talked she was ready to kill him. But she carried him all the way to the infirmary, at least that's what he thought it was. "Hey," he said weakly.

message 23: by ladybug (last edited May 27, 2018 03:33PM) (new)

Sandra nodded at him. "Hello." She paused, and inspected his face. "Are you feeling better? One of the doctors injected some liquid into your arm." Dean looked weaker, but he didn't seem to be in any pain. Hopefully. Wait, why hopefully? He was a jerk. And he was very heavy. Turning angry, she said, "and you realize you weigh a TON. You owe me. And my pride is extremely hurt after having to carry you all the way here." She added with a smile, "but, I met a fish person who was contemplating sticking her head in a toilet so she wouldn't suffocate. That was the only pleasant part of the trip."

message 24: by Arthur (last edited May 27, 2018 03:47PM) (new)

He was about to tell her thanks, but then she went back to the girl he met outside. "I weigh a ton? Maybe you're just weak." He shot back. Why was she complaining? She could've just left him there. A fish person? A toilet? What? "If you hate me so much why don't you leave?" He asked her. Don't leave, he thought. Wait, stop it! He hit his head, trying to stop his thoughts, then immediately regretted it. That hurt more than when he fell off a tree. And that was saying something. "Oww."

message 25: by ladybug (new)

Sandra snorted. "I am so not weak." She snapped. "Lions weigh like 400 pounds." She stopped. She wasn't sure how she knew that. Shoving that thought out of her mind, she added, "and I'm not leaving you here after all this hard work. Besides, you didn't kill me, when if I was you I'd probably kill me because I'm kind of annoying." She paused as Dean hit himself on the head. Looking surprised but slightly amused, she said, "erm...it's probably not a good idea to whack yourself on the head...Wait, are you alright?" Dean was cringing and holding his head in his hands. She scooted the chair she was sitting on closer. He looked like he was in pain. Attempting to distract him, she said, holding up her claws, "would you like a head massage? My clients always comment on how wonderful the feeling of sharp claws digging into their scalps feel!"

message 26: by Arthur (new)

He looked at her with his head still in his hands. "What?" He laughed, "that's so weird." Dean laughed again. He kept laughing. Why was he laughing so much? It wasn't THAT funny. It was like a haha joke. Not a drop dead funny joke. But for some reason he was still laughing.

message 27: by ladybug (new)

Sandra looked at him peculiarly. No one ever laughed at her jokes. Well, that wasn't exactly a surprise, since her jokes were never funny, but...he was laughing. She was sure this was the first time she'd seen him smiling before, and for some reason, she felt like smiling too. Blushing, she felt exceptionally glad that no one could see her pink face through her leopard fur. She decided to not look at Dean directly till she felt fine again. Spotting a small picture of a bland yellow flower behind his head, she looked at it instead of his face. "Hmph. Well...how are you feeling, anyway? The doctor told me to call him if you didn't feel better."

message 28: by Arthur (new)

He calmed down after a bit and looked at her, "I'm feeling fine. Just sore. Uh...thanks." Dean said, "you know. For carrying me. And dealing with me." Dean smiled at her appreciatively. Maybe she was just mad at him before. But now she looked calm...and kinda cute. He looked away and pushed that thought out of his head. A couple seconds ago they were arguing. What was he thinking?

message 29: by ladybug (new)

Sandra's face reddened. "Your welcome." She looked around the room. For a few seconds there was awkward silence. Finally, Sandra said something to break it. "Um, do you want me to tell you a story or something? It's kind of weird to just sit here..." She wasn't sure if she knew any good stories, but if not, she could just make one up. Besides, she'd rather not just sit there, and try not to stare at Dean.

message 30: by Arthur (last edited May 27, 2018 05:35PM) (new)

His mind went blank. For some reason, looking at Cass, he couldn't remember his story. "Ummm. Pretty boring story." He said trying to remember. "I had a sister. Two parents." Idiot, he thought, of course you had two parents. "They both got murdered when I was 10." Dean said remembering. He should probably stop talking, or at least stop talking like it's everyone's story. He was just saying it casually. "So...like I said. Boring." He laughed awkwardly. Why did it get so awkward? It was unbearable. He'd honestly rather be arguing with her, at least then she would be looking at him.

message 31: by ladybug (new)

Sandra thought for a moment, racking her brain for her past memories. "I...I'm pretty sure I was an only child. Y-yeah...And..." She remembered something, and her eyes brightened. "I was very athletic, still am, of course," she added with false modestly, "but anyway, I was top in baseball, basketball, martial arts, softball, soccer, and almost every sport, although I never did ballet, see, I wasn't very graceful. But uh, in late...April, I think, in 6th grade, I was waiting outside for my mom when some guy told me that he was driving me instead. And yes, he was a stranger, and I was an idiot, so I went with him, and uh...got a needle in my neck and blacked out till now. I think I'm fifteen right now, but I can't be certain." She frowned. "I was quite an idiot. I thought that if he was a kidnapper or whatever, I could defend myself. And well I was wrong."

message 32: by Arthur (last edited May 27, 2018 05:43PM) (new)

He watched her become happy, then sad, then upset. "It's not your fault. You were young. I would have probably done the same thing." Dean said trying to comfort her. The truth is he wouldn't have done that. He would've kicked the guy in the nuts and made a run for it. "I remember walking with my sister when everything went black." He said, wasn't really important. But that was the last memory he had of his sister. Blinking back tears he said, "most kids in 6th grade are idiots so..."

message 33: by ladybug (new)

Dean looked sad. Sandra wondered why. Worriedly, she reached forward and touched his hand. "I'm sorry. Did something happen to your sister?" Wait a second. She dropped her hand. "And I'm NOT AN IDIOT. It is perfectly all right for me to call myself an idiot, but for another to call me an idiot, it is a different matter." Growling, she cracked her knuckles. "I would knock you out for that, but, uh, you kind of already got knocked out, and I owe you so...." She sighed, shoulders hunching, and looked back at the bland flower picture.

message 34: by Arthur (last edited May 28, 2018 06:38AM) (new)

His hand felt weird when she touched it. He wanted to intertw-wait. Wut. No, stop. Dean looked up at her. "I wasn't calling you an idiot. I was calling 6th graders idiots. Are you a 6th grader? No so you're not an idiot." He said smiling a little. She had a temper. He kinda liked it. "Why do you owe me? You were the one who carried me, so I owe you." He said confused. She looked tired. He would be too if he had to carry 400 pounds to the infirmary. "Do you want to leave?"

message 35: by ladybug (new)

"Hmph. But you were suggesting that I was once an idiot, which is absolutely unacceptable. But then again, you were also a 6th grader once. So we can call this even, since you inadvertently called yourself an idiot as well. But I bet I could totally have beat you back then. When you weren't 70% or more lion." Sandra said. She felt strangely happy. Most people didn't like her temper, or the way she talked, and as a result, she'd never had many friends, or even comrades. "Why do I owe you? Well, you didn't kill me. I would've killed you. I consider that owing someone. And of course I don't want to leave! I-" She stopped, realizing what she'd just said. Turning red, she said, in a quieter voice, "you're not...you're not as bad as the other hybrids. I mean, you're being nice to me...so thanks."

message 36: by ladybug (new)

((They are going to be a couple, right? Because they're totally internally flirting with each other, so I wanted to ask before anything happened.))

message 37: by Arthur (new)

"Yeah you could've." He laughed, they might've just been 11 but she. could have probably kicked his butt and left him crying on the floor. "Just because I didn't kill, it doesn't mean you owe me one. So I say you don't owe me anything." Dean moved so that he could stand. He wanted to talk, but not while he was on a bed, that felt weird. He brought a chair from the other side of the room and dragged it next to her. "Why would I be mean to you? You kinda saved my life I think." He didn't know if he was dying in the first place so he couldn't call that saving his life, but he appreciated what she did for him. "You're the first person I've met in this hellhole who has helped me."

message 38: by Arthur (new)

She Who Must Not Be Named/Mina wrote: "((They are going to be a couple, right? Because they're totally internally flirting with each other, so I wanted to ask before anything happened.))"

((oh yeah, thought that was obvious XD))

message 39: by ladybug (new)

((XD Yup, it was kinda obvious, but I'm pretty oblivious. And I wanted to make sure.))

"Okay, fine. If I don't owe you, then you don't owe me. We'll be even. Then, if I save your life or something, you'll know I'm doing it because I'm a quality human bein-right. Uh, a quality leopard human hybrid." Sandra scratched a spot on her wrist. She'd been keeping high maintenance, taking a bath each day, since she didn't want to get fleas. Hopefully it was working. "Eh, and I didn't save your life. I just carried you over my shoulder to the infirmary. Big difference." She blushed. "You're probably the first person who's helped me too. Usually everyone backs off when they see me since I'm part leopard, or challenges me to a battle. Both are annoying."

message 40: by Arthur (new)

((XD I'm oblivious too))

He nodded, "seems fair." She blushed, why? He liked it. "But you took me to the infirmary so I could become better. If you just left I would probably be dead." He reasoned. "Why would they leave because you're half leopard? That's stupid. So is challenging you to fight. Just because you're half leopard doesn't mean you want to fight." He said suddenly upset.

message 41: by ladybug (new)

"Eh, you'd probably just wake up a couple hours later and wonder why on earth you were on the floor." Sandra said. She looked at the floor. "I'm half leopard, and so everyone thinks I'm going to eat them. Seriously, it's kind of stupid. I mean, we're both still part human, so it'd be cannibalism! I do like meat, but I don't like human meat. Ewww."

message 42: by Arthur (new)

He made a face, "that's nasty. People are stupid." He said. "I won't challenge you to a fight," Dean smiled. "Promise." He held out his pinky. He just wanted an excuse to touch her. She was really pretty. He didn't even try to stop his thoughts. She was pretty and cute and had really nice eyes. Dean looked at her eyes as he thought this. They were a bunch of different shades of brown, green, and gold.

message 43: by ladybug (new)

Sandra smiled and curled her pinky around Dean's. She realized her heart was beating rather quicker than usual, and ignored it. Whatever. Probably the heat, or something. She thought. Definitely not Dean. She looked at his face, and realized that he was already looking at her. That meant nothing. But...he was nice to look at. That is, she wasn't sure if he was handsome or not, she didn't have enough exposure to actual people to know that, but he was nice and funny and she liked the way he looked.

message 44: by Arthur (new)

He kept staring at her, she was staring too. But she was probably just looking at him because he looked horrible. He had dirt on his face and under his nails. His lip was bleeding a little. He was a mess. But, somehow, she managed to not get a scratch on herself. Dean smiled at her, which was probably not pretty, and let go of her pinky. He finally looked away, kinda embarrassed, and laughed a little. "So, do you want to take a walk with me?" He asked her, wanting to spend more time with her and talk with her.

message 45: by ladybug (new)

Sandra stared at him, not breaking her gaze. After several seconds, he looked away, and laughed. She felt rather proud that she hadn't been the one to look away first. As she watched him, she noticed the smudges of dirt on his forehead. Laughing, she wiped one away with her thumb. "You're filthy!" She said, still laughing. Clutching her stomach, she stopped as he asked about taking a walk with her. "A walk? Sure." She answered easily. She wanted to talk to him more.

message 46: by Arthur (new)

Dean turned red, he knew he was dirty, but he didn't expect her to announce it. Now he felt like a dog. He stood up and tried to clean his face discreetly. He opened the door for her and walked out with her. There were 5 peo-hybrids out. Two tigers, one bird, a fish, and a mouse. Dean watched as they laughed and played around. He wondered how they could have so much fun when they have no idea how or when they got here. Cass wasn't staring though. She was heading for the door. Rather quickly. What was her rush?

message 47: by ladybug (new)

Sandra noticed with a smile that Dean was trying to wipe off his face. Pretending she hadn't seen it for the sake of his pride, she stood up, and walked through the door. Dean graciously held it open for her. Outside were some hybrids, and Sandra recognized the fish one. "Hello, have you found a pool or bathtub yet? Or did you have to stick your head in a toilet?" She asked, snickering. The fish hybrid glowered at her, and shook her head angrily. "That wasn't me, that was another fish hybrid. You realize there's a big difference between catfish and rainbow trout, right!?!"

message 48: by Arthur (last edited May 31, 2018 05:59PM) (new)

Dean laughed a little and put his hands on her shoulders, leading her to the door. He leaned in and whispered in her ear, "this is why we look before we leap." Her face was really close, inches away. His heart was beating fast. Why? It was just her face, nothing significant about it. But still... They were outside now and he could hear the fish hybrid complaining to her friends. Dean started laughing again. "How could you not tell the difference Cass?" He asked trying to make his heartbeat slow down. He walked to the path leading to the tree grove. Where they met, only a couple hours ago. That was weird, only hours. It felt like it was a little longer.

message 49: by ladybug (new)

Sandra blushed. "I know," she mumbled. She felt strange. Dean probably didn't know what he was making her feel, but it was peculiar. And her heart was beating faster. Faster than usual. She could feel his hand on her shoulders and his breath on her ears. Glancing up at his face, she realized then how close he was. "um, well...they're both fish, and I never really went in the woods often and..." She stopped. She was talking weird too, in addition to everything else. This only seemed to happen when she was in close proximity to Dean, though. What was wrong with her?

message 50: by ladybug (new)

((I'm sorry I was gone for so long! ))

« previous 1