The Tyrant’s Tomb (The Trials of Apollo, #4) The Tyrant’s Tomb discussion

Predictions and Theories: The Tyrant's Tomb

Comments Showing 1-50 of 87 (87 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by The (new) - rated it 4 stars

The Reader Since the Tyrant's Tomb is coming later than expected, what are your predictions and theories on it? Here are mine:

-Something heartbreaking because of the River Styx thing and Rick having to take more time to read this.
-Reyna/Apollo interaction..is it going to be platonic or romantic? Will Aphrodite's prophecy be mentioned?
-Either Hazel or Frank is going to die, most likely Frank in my opinion with that stick :(
-Jason's funeral and the Romans possibly getting mad at Apollo
-Who's the Tyrant?
-Something bad happening at Camp Jupiter

What do you think?

Ovidio Perez The wrote: "Since the Tyrant's Tomb is coming later than expected, what are your predictions and theories on it? Here are mine:

-Something heartbreaking because of the River Styx thing and Rick having to take..."

Don't you dare bring Hazel and Frank into this. My heart wouldn't be able to take it if either one died. We already lost Jason and I am sure the Roman demigods won't be too thrilled with Apollo or they might shrug it off like 'hey' we are all going to die at some point. I feel like too many people are shipping Apollo with Reyna, but honestly not sure how those two will work out in the books. I'm pretty sure we will get a new Roman emperor and a new prophet that Apollo will have to rescue, because that seems to be the pattern so far. The tyrant could also be Caligula? Because he really is an evil tyrant for killing Jason... ":'[

message 3: by The (new) - rated it 4 stars

The Reader Ovidio wrote: "The wrote: "Since the Tyrant's Tomb is coming later than expected, what are your predictions and theories on it? Here are mine:

-Something heartbreaking because of the River Styx thing and Rick ha..."

I understand that you might not like it if Frank or Hazel died. They are also favorites of mine, specifically Frank. It is, however, possible that another character will die, especially since at the end of TBM, the Styx goddess told Apollo that people who are close to him will die. Frank could die because of his stick or Hazel could die because she only "borrowed time" from Pluto. I do not wish for them to die but no one is safe anymore. I feel like the Roman demigods will not be too happy with Apollo especially when he brings Jason's coffin as well as his association with Octavian.

Along, with the Apollo and Reyna thing, some people have mixed feelings about it. But it would fulfill the prophecy and we could get some development between Apollo and Reyna. Some of the comments in this discussion thread may give you an idea of how the relationship could go https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... . I don't think we'll get a new Roman emperor since the Triumvirate seems to be complete with Nero in the east, Commodus in the middle and Caligula in the West. By the new prophet, you are probably referring to the Sybil of Cumae which is related to Ella the Harpy. I don't think the tyrant is Caligula but possibly Tarquin, a Roman king that is mentioned in TBM. And yes, Caligula is evil..

message 4: by Ryan (new)

Ryan so i found this comment on a post on reddit about The Tyrant's Tomb and i think it predict pretty much what will happen in the next book
here is the comment :
" Apollo and Meg arrive at CJ and it’s all chaos. The campers treat him as the harebringer of bad news. I’m torn between them despising him and bullying him because he’s weak and looks like such a dork or respecting him because of his former Olympian status. Frank and Hazel will probably be the most warmest to him. Him and Reyna’s relationship will obviously be a tense one at first because if you look at it this way, Apollo was responsible for Octavian’s delusions of grandeur which caused Reyna to become an outlaw, travel halfway across the world and put down Scipio alwhile preventing an outright war between both the camps, leaving Camp Jupiter’s cauffers empty. Also he drove Orion mad which caused the deaths of hundreds of amazons and hunters through the ages.. deaths Reyna witnessed. And then Apollo returns with a dead Jason? Reyna’s closest friend probably? One she made a promise to travel the ancient world with. It’s going to be so juicy and I’m darkly anticipating their meeting. Probably lots of awkward interaction with his kids. Meg being unsettled by Camp Jupiter because it reminds her of her upbringing in Nero’s household so much. Little Meg reminding Reyna so much of her younger self. Reyna turning out to be a descendent of a legendary Roman gens which allows her to unlock the tyrants tomb. We might expect a delving into the reasons behind Octavian’s insanity, it’s my own wishful thinking honestly. Maybe even Hylla dying to complete that age old prophecy of the master of Arion bringing glory to the Amazons, allowing Hazel to replace her? I admit this is pure speculation. Blossoming romance between Apollo and Reyna only to be ruined by Apollo’s promise on the River Styx. A more emotionally deeper storyline because Apollo, Meg, and Reyna being victims of abuse by their fathers. A bloody battle against Caligula resulting in lots of deaths? Maybe even of Apollo’s own children.. The members of the twelfth legion surrounding Caligula and hacking him to death to parallel his historical death, and to avenge Jason. An amazon cameo. Most of these ideas are probably way off base. Anyway, lots of sadness, anger and outrage at Jason’s death. It’s going to be one hell of a dramatic and emotional book "

message 5: by The (new) - rated it 4 stars

The Reader Ryan wrote: "so i found this comment on a post on reddit about The Tyrant's Tomb and i think it predict pretty much what will happen in the next book
here is the comment :
" Apollo and Meg arrive at CJ and it..."

Seems pretty dramatic to me.
It does seem legit however the Tyrant's Tomb could possibly occur when they arrive at CJ or a while later when they've settled CJ (like how TBM didn't start off with Apollo and Meg meeting Grover). It would suck if we didn't get Jason's funerals because we're still not over his death but Rick could write it as one of Apollo's flashbacks. I'm not sure how the Roman god Apollo is reviewed to CJ, so if respected, he'd either have the same amount of respect as Mars did or hardly any like Neptune. I do feel like the campers would be enraged especially if their former praetor died. I can't wait to see Apollo's interactions with Hazel and Frank (hopefully none of them die, but none of them are safe!) I do want to know more about Octavian (maybe his family history?) and of course, we probably will see Ella (and Tyson) again which would lead us into the Oracle. I agree with you with Meg. I do hope we get some development between Reyna and Apollo in the series...but the curse of the River Styx is going to bring some pain..

message 6: by naydi (new)

naydi Does anyone think Percy or Annabeth will appear?

message 7: by The (new) - rated it 4 stars

The Reader naydi wrote: "Does anyone think Percy or Annabeth will appear?"

Maybe at the end. I feel like the next book is going to focus more on Frank and Hazel (like of the seven).

Annika naydi wrote: "Does anyone think Percy or Annabeth will appear?"

I kinda feel like Rick's kinda pulling Percy and Annabeth out of the story so that they can carry out a life of their own. I mean, Percy didn't join the quest originally because he wanted to be around with his little sister, plus there would be that whole college thing.
Well, they said they'd be going to CJ for college, so maybe they'd be there?
I guess if by the release of this book Percy and Annabeth are going to college, then they'd be there, but otherwise I doubt it.

message 9: by The (new) - rated it 4 stars

The Reader Annika wrote: "naydi wrote: "Does anyone think Percy or Annabeth will appear?"

I kinda feel like Rick's kinda pulling Percy and Annabeth out of the story so that they can carry out a life of their own. I mean, P..."

The story happens at the same time as the Magnus Chase series. Although the timeline is confusing, I think that Percy is in New York with his newborn sister. Annabeth is also pretty busy with the things going on with Magnus. I don't think they'll be in the next book since it'll be about Camp Jupiter. I think Percy and Annabeth are still finishing high school so they wouldn't be in New Rome yet. I think at the last book, they'll come in and help out, and previous characters that made appearances too, such as Leo and Piper.

Athena Nguyen Do you think that one of Apollo's children will die?

message 11: by The (new) - rated it 4 stars

The Reader Athena wrote: "Do you think that one of Apollo's children will die?"

Although I do feel like Nero has already targeted some of his children in THO, it is possible that it might happen again. I also think that there could be other people related to Apollo that would die. Maybe not a demigod, but someone else he knew when he was a god. It would be interesting if Leto gets captured or something seeing that her children are very defendant of her,

message 12: by Lord (new)

Lord Clebourne I know that Jason was like a hero at Camp Jupiter and Apollo returns with his dead body. And Apollo is related to Octavian, but I get a sort of a feel that Camp Jupiter kind of truly reveres the gods, while I don't get that same feel from Camp Half-Blood. I feel like they will have a funeral for Jason and open Apollo with open arms. I also don't think that there will be a new god-emperor. I think somewhere it says there are three emperors. I would like to take one of the previous emperors down though.

I would also enjoy to see a bit more of Python. I am super excited about this one. TBM was by far my favorite Trials of Apollo book so far. It is also among my favorite Rick Riordan books in general.

Right up there with the Lightning Thief, the Last Olympian, the Son of Neptune, the House of Hades, the Blood of Olympus, the Serpent's Shadow, the Sword of Summer, the Hammer of Thor, and the Ship of the Dead.

message 13: by The (new) - rated it 4 stars

The Reader Lord wrote: "I know that Jason was like a hero at Camp Jupiter and Apollo returns with his dead body. And Apollo is related to Octavian, but I get a sort of a feel that Camp Jupiter kind of truly reveres the go..."

Thats an interesting theory! I would expect that CJ would not be very welcoming to Apollo for the reasons stated above but it does seem likely. Especially since his charactee has changed (and also the sake of repetition from Camp Half Blood), it would be similar but different. I feel like in this book, all the emperors will come together and meet.

message 14: by Abby (new)

Abby I'm hoping to see Cassandra appear in one of the last two books.
I'm assuming the bronze and gold and east meets west lines from the prophecy are about the camps coming together.
Maybe Hazel will have felt Jason's death as a daughter of Pluto.

message 15: by The (new) - rated it 4 stars

The Reader Abby wrote: "I'm hoping to see Cassandra appear in one of the last two books.
I'm assuming the bronze and gold and east meets west lines from the prophecy are about the camps coming together.
Maybe Hazel will..."

I'd also like to see Cassandra in the series but I'm not sure if she will appear. In the Hidden Oracle, Apollo briefly mentions her when he describes Chiron's facial expression in a jokingly way. I feel like Rick may wave off the issues with her kinda like how he made that whole Marsyas thing a rumor. East meets west could mean the camps coming together or even the emperors coming together. Hazel probably felt Jason's death or even Nico.

message 16: by Akiden (new)

Akiden That is a great Prediction, but what if Hazel could bring back Jason with the mist yeah he could still be actually dead but that's what the other demigods from Camp Jupiter and piper would want.

message 17: by Akiden (new)

Akiden And in the blood of Olympus Hazel figured out how to use the mist and she said to use the mist you have to make people see what they want to see.

message 18: by The (new) - rated it 4 stars

The Reader Akiden wrote: "And in the blood of Olympus Hazel figured out how to use the mist and she said to use the mist you have to make people see what they want to see."

Maybe she woukd just bring back Jason as a ghost?

Humayra Nasita Ovidio wrote: "The wrote: "Since the Tyrant's Tomb is coming later than expected, what are your predictions and theories on it? Here are mine:

-Something heartbreaking because of the River Styx thing and Rick ha..."

You know how Aphrodite told Reyna that no demigod will be able to heal her [Reyna's] heart? I was thinking that maybe Uncle Rick will make a new series on to continue it. As soon as I heard that there is a new series called Trails of Apollo, in which Apollo is turned into a human as a punishment that Zeus gave to him because he "thought" [Zeus can think? Oh my gods, what is happening? Since when did Zeus become sensible enough to think?] Apollo was the main one responsible, I instantly thought of Reyna's prophecy and concluded that maybe Apollo will be the one to heal her heart because since he transferred from god to mortal, he isn't considered a demigod. He may have his godly power surges, but this doesn't make him a demigod. He is full on head to toe mortal with a few godly power surges and may be a perfect candidate for Reyna's prophecy because in the prophecy it is mentioned demigod. Apollo is not a demigod, therefore, him and Reyna getting together as a pair are highly possible. For the matter of the tyrant, I got nothing. Actually, I think it could be Julius Ceasar or Augustus Ceasar, but one thing: I don't think Commodus is related to either.

message 20: by The (last edited Dec 09, 2018 07:12PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

The Reader Humayra wrote: "Ovidio wrote: "The wrote: "Since the Tyrant's Tomb is coming later than expected, what are your predictions and theories on it? Here are mine:

-Something heartbreaking because of the River Styx th..."

Yes I definitely agree with you on that part! If that does happen, it has to happen in the next book since if it happened in the last book, the relationship will be too rushed. I have a feeling that people will either hate or love those relationship. The only thing I'm concerned about is since we're getting so much development between Meg and Apollo's relationship, will Rick be able to manage that relationship alongside Apollo's relationship with Reyna? For the tyrant, according to theories I've seen online, it could just be a forgotten deity or something. I don't think it will be another Roman Emperor.

message 21: by Julian (new)

Julian Infante Could the Tyrant be Julius Caesar?
I am seeing a possible pattern here: We thought Luke died in PJO's third book, we thought Percabeth died in HoO's third book, I have a theory the Triumvirate will use a ritual to resurrect a fallen emperor here, maybe expand the Triumvirate into a Tetrarchy. The ritual might be the same used for Kronos, which is why Luke may be involved. Another Jason-Luke connection: Luke was thought to have died falling off Mount Orthrys, which is where Jason killed Krios. Maybe Apollo and his allies will be able to stop them, and then because of that they'll happen to already have a way to resurrect one dead ally. I have a strong feeling we'll get closure on Luke Castellan's fate here, and both him and Nico will be involved. As for Frank and Hazel being dragged into the story, Frank is the more likely in danger here because of the stick, but he could be a red herring and it may instead be Hazel, though I hope we don't get any more deaths from the Seven. Anyway, we can still hope for a few comebacks, should Styx forgive Apollo at the end of Book Four or at the final book.

bewilderedreader naydi wrote: "Does anyone think Percy or Annabeth will appear?" There is a chance that Percy and Annabeth shall appear to attend Jason's funeral (they would never miss that). But it is a little confusing since Magnus Chase and Trials of Apollo both run on the same time line. There is a possibility that they might not come to CJ.

message 23: by Hellboy4 (last edited Jul 19, 2019 06:34PM) (new)

Hellboy4 Who will be the person that Apollo will face who is worse than the emperors he has already faced A.K.A. THE TYRANT?— answer Lucius Tarquinius Superbus AKA the last king of Rome, on the wiki-it reads he’s going to appear.—fact—He wouldn’t take Apollo’s life—fact— (because we can’t have a trials of Apollo without him).
Who is the soundless god?: Harpocrates-the god of silence, secrets and confidentiality—Fact—. The story will be set at Camp Jupiter in the San Francisco Bay Area and Mount Olympus itself. —Fact—

What characters might appear and why:
Thalia grace—big sister of recently deceased Jason grace (that’s reason enough).
Damasen—friend to Percy Jackson, his fate and current whereabouts are unknown, (in the house of hades he sacrificed himself but Giants can only be killed by the combined power of a demigod and god/goddess).

Theories:
Tarquin might take away the immortality of Caligula, Nero, and Commodus. Percy might get a new set of armor. Zeus and the other Olympians might appear since Mount Olympus is a future setting.

fact— the tyrants tomb isn’t the last book, there is a fifth coming out in 2020.

Please comment.

message 24: by Hellboy4 (new)

Hellboy4 Julian wrote: "Could the Tyrant be Julius Caesar?
I am seeing a possible pattern here: We thought Luke died in PJO's third book, we thought Percabeth died in HoO's third book, I have a theory the Triumvirate will..."

No the tyrant would be the last king of Rome Lucius Tarquinius Superbus. The wiki said it. Also there are 5 books. Please comment immediately.

message 25: by You2your2 (new)

You2your2 Hellboy4 wrote: "Who will be the person that Apollo will face who is worse than the emperors he has already faced?— answer Lucius Tarquinius Superbus AKA the last king of Rome, on the wiki-it reads he’s going to ap..."
That seems right.

message 26: by Daya (new) - added it

Daya WAIT WHAT IF WILL DIES? OR REYNA?

message 27: by Hellboy4 (new)

Hellboy4 Will solace might die. But Reyna won’t because she has to open a crypt

message 28: by Annika (last edited Apr 12, 2019 05:11AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Annika Hellboy4 wrote: "Will solace might die. But Reyna won’t because she has to open a crypt"

Wait-- why would Will be involved in this? I thought he was back at Camp Half-Blood being his cabin's counselor.

message 29: by Hellboy4 (new)

Hellboy4 Ashani wrote: "naydi wrote: "Does anyone think Percy or Annabeth will appear?" There is a chance that Percy and Annabeth shall appear to attend Jason's funeral (they would never miss that). But it is a little con..."
They will both appear trust me. That’s a fact.

message 30: by Kris (new)

Kris Ok, so if I'm remembering the Son of Neptune properly, isn't there something about the River Tiber washing away Greek curses? Like it washed away Percy's invulnerability that came from dipping in the River Styx, so would it also wash away other curses from the River Styx? Might seem too easy, but it was an established plot device so it's not exactly a cop out

message 31: by Hellboy4 (new)

Hellboy4 What do you mean?

Annika Kris wrote: "Ok, so if I'm remembering the Son of Neptune properly, isn't there something about the River Tiber washing away Greek curses? Like it washed away Percy's invulnerability that came from dipping in t..."

I think I can see where you're going with that, where Apollo will step in the river and not have to deal with the consequences of (repeatedly) breaking his River Styx promises, but I'm not sure Rick would go through with that route. Part of me feels that something he'd save for the last book, because it have something to do with The Last Battle™ that would be a determining factor?

message 33: by Hellboy4 (new)

Hellboy4 Sravani wrote: "I really don't think Hazel or Frank are going to die because Jason is already...well, dead, and I don't think Rick would just do away with all the main characters so fast.(But this is Rick Riordan ..." True, I believe Nico will appear.

message 34: by Bill (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bill I think that nearly everyone will die. I also think that Apollo will suffer a bad curse.I then think that after tyrants tomb Percy and annabeth will come in to help but they die.possibly the only person left at the end is Apollo

message 35: by Hellboy4 (new)

Hellboy4 Bill wrote: "I think that nearly everyone will die. I also think that Apollo will suffer a bad curse.I then think that after tyrants tomb Percy and annabeth will come in to help but they die.possibly the only p..." That theory is the worst, and will not happened.

message 36: by Bill (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bill You sure my man

message 37: by Bill (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bill I think that rick is actually nearly retiring so the book after tyrants tomb might be his last.I meant like his making all the main characters die so maybe his last series.

message 38: by Bill (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bill Sad if everyone dies but I am not the one who is doing this.Rick decides not me I mean I like frank,hazel,annabeth and Percy but if they die it is not me who did this.I really like Ricks books though.

message 39: by Hellboy4 (last edited Jun 07, 2019 08:47AM) (new)

Hellboy4 Bill wrote: "Sad if everyone dies but I am not the one who is doing this.Rick decides not me I mean I like frank,hazel,annabeth and Percy but if they die it is not me who did this.I really like Ricks books though." If anyone else dies I’m going to be 😡🤬🤯😭😢😦😑. And break the door of Rick Riordan down.

Annika Bill wrote: "I think that rick is actually nearly retiring so the book after tyrants tomb might be his last.I meant like his making all the main characters die so maybe his last series."

Even if The Tyrant's Tomb was going to be Rick's last book, I don't think that he would kill off a bunch of the main characters, mainly in the spirit of letting them live on beyond just the books. Also the fact that so many fans would be angry if he did that.

message 41: by Hellboy4 (new)

Hellboy4 I agree with Annika, Rick wouldn’t kill all the characters, especially Percy Jackson, Annabeth Chase, Frank Zhang, and all the others. But why do we have to wait for so long to read the book!?!?!🤬🤯😡😤😭.

message 42: by eesa ahmed (new)

eesa ahmed Can anyone decipher the second column of prophecy?

message 43: by Hellboy4 (new)

Hellboy4 eesa ahmed wrote: "Can anyone decipher the second column of prophecy?" It shows you on the wiki.

message 44: by Bill (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bill Hellboy4 wrote: "Bill wrote: "I think that rick is actually nearly retiring so the book after tyrants tomb might be his last.I meant like his making all the main characters die so maybe his last series." The TYRANT..."
the book after tyrants tomb may be his last.NOT TYRANTS TOMB.

message 45: by Bill (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bill Daya wrote: "WAIT WHAT IF WILL DIES? OR REYNA?"

that will not happen and that is impossible.

Matthew The Tyrant is Caracalla, who is called "The Tyrant"

message 47: by Hellboy4 (new)

Hellboy4 Matthew wrote: "The Tyrant is Caracalla, who is called "The Tyrant""
Caracalla? Are you sure because in the burning maze the prophecy stated-Apollo faces death in Tarquin’s Tomb unless the doorway to the soundless god is opened by Bellona's Daughter.

message 48: by Matthew (last edited May 28, 2019 12:51PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Matthew Hellboy4 wrote: "Matthew wrote: "The Tyrant is Caracalla, who is called "The Tyrant""
Caracalla? Are you sure because in the burning maze the prophecy stated-Apollo faces death in Tarquin’s Tomb unless the doorway ..."

Yes you are right.
Hope no more of the 7 die

message 49: by Hellboy4 (new)

Hellboy4 Matthew wrote: "Hellboy4 wrote: "Matthew wrote: "The Tyrant is Caracalla, who is called "The Tyrant""
Caracalla? Are you sure because in the burning maze the prophecy stated-Apollo faces death in Tarquin’s Tomb un..."

Thank you. I also hope nobody else dies as well.

frustratedmob 1.Does anybody have any idea what will happen at the end?
2.Will Apollo become a god again or will he stay a mortal/demigod?and who is taking over the duties of the sun god during apollo's absence?
3.Will there be another book in this series because rick riordan usually write series with 3 or 5 books

« previous 1