Outpost 1264, Devaria discussion

Inside Outpost > Male living space

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by dashofmagic, Chocolate and Starlight (new)

dashofmagic | 299 comments Mod

BoldlyGoingNowhere Alex swung his legs over the side of his bed and rubbed his head, willing his headache to leave him. He looked around and began to panic when his vision wouldn't line up. Then he saw the feathers on his arms, and the talons on his feet. What the hell? He thought, beginning to feel lightheaded.

message 3: by Adeline, HunterAvalloneFan (new)

Adeline | 260 comments Mod
"Hey. You must be the Newbie. I'm Jack," Jack said as he turned to a counter and filled a cup with water. He held it out to the boy.

message 4: by BoldlyGoingNowhere (last edited May 27, 2018 01:03PM) (new)

BoldlyGoingNowhere Scrambling away from the boy-Jack- Alex backed into a corner. "Who are you, where am I, What's wrong with you, and what the hell happened to me?" Alex asked, eyeing the scorpion tail protruding from Jack's back.

message 5: by Adeline, HunterAvalloneFan (new)

He laughed. "I ain't gonna hurt you. You're at Outpost 1264, Devaria. They do experiments here with hybrids. I suppose you're one of the unlucky mates, ay?"

BoldlyGoingNowhere "What?" Alex asked. Outpost 1264 Devaria? Experiments? It didn't make sense. Alex ran a hand through his hair and turned his head to the side. His mouth fell open in shock when his vision lined up. Another question popped into his head. "What do you mean unlucky?"

message 7: by Adeline, HunterAvalloneFan (new)

"Well, I wouldn't say completly unlucky. You're mixed with an elf owl, mate. Me, I've got scorpion, so they watch me all the time. They've got a chameleon hybrid to, Valeria I think. She's got a red collar round her neck so she can't escape. She's pretty dangerous. Now, be careful about Nox, he's a wolf hybrid. He's kind of in charge of all us hybrids. You do NOT want to test him. You stick with me and you'll be good, ok mate?"

BoldlyGoingNowhere "Um...Sure," Alex said, not really listening.

message 9: by Adeline, HunterAvalloneFan (new)

"Where's your band? We've all got 'em," Jack said, and showed Alex the red one on his arm.

message 10: by BoldlyGoingNowhere (last edited May 27, 2018 01:20PM) (new)

BoldlyGoingNowhere Band? Alex thought. Worried it might be something bad he began searching himself for a band. He lifted his arm for Jack to see when he found it on his upper left arm.

BoldlyGoingNowhere "Why are we here?" He asked, puzzling over his band.

message 12: by Adeline, HunterAvalloneFan (new)

"Nobody but the scientists know. We aren't allowed to know anything. Oh, and mate, don't try takin that band off now. Valeria did and she was in the infirmary for a month."

BoldlyGoingNowhere "Who?" Alex asked. "I'm sorry, I just don't understand what's going on. I have feathers and I can't see right, and you're telling me that i'm part elf owl. This is not making any sense." Alex said.

message 14: by Adeline, HunterAvalloneFan (new)

"None of it does, mate. You just gotta trust me on that," Jack said, and he put the cup of water back on the counter. "You don't want the water?"

BoldlyGoingNowhere "Well, aren't we helpful," Alex muttered. "Yeah, I do," He said louder, stepping forward to grab the cup.

message 16: by Adeline, HunterAvalloneFan (new)

Jack walked over to the TV and turned it on, surfing the channels. They only got scientist-approved channels, which sucked. "National Geographic or FOX News?" He asked Alex.

BoldlyGoingNowhere Way to change the subject, Alex thought. Sighing he said, " National Geographic."

message 18: by Adeline, HunterAvalloneFan (new)

"Alrighty then mate," Jack said and flipped the channel to NG.

BoldlyGoingNowhere "So, what exactly are these band-thingys?" Alex asked as he sat on the far end of the couch, away from Jack.

message 20: by Adeline, HunterAvalloneFan (new)

"They keep us from leaving, from escaping really, and they track us kinda."

BoldlyGoingNowhere "Sooo...they need us? For what?" Alex asked.

message 22: by Adeline, HunterAvalloneFan (new)

"I don't know, mate. Military weapons? That's probably what we are," Jack said.

message 23: by dashofmagic, Chocolate and Starlight (new)

dashofmagic | 299 comments Mod
((CONGRATULATIONS ALEXIS HAS BEEN THE FIRST TO GUESS 🎉🎉🎉GREAT JOB!!!))

message 24: by Adeline, HunterAvalloneFan (new)

((Wait...they are military weapons? Whoa))

BoldlyGoingNowhere ((That is so wrong on so many levels. But I guess this whole place is.))

Alex sat in silence, wondering how they could possibly be useful if they couldn't remember anything.

message 26: by Adeline, HunterAvalloneFan (new)

((I WAS RIGHT THOUGH))

"The guards'll come get us for dinner in a little while. Don't try to fight em or stay here, because they won't have it."

BoldlyGoingNowhere ((Are you so proud of yourself Alexis?))

"We aren't allowed to get our own dinner? Are we that restricted?" Alex asked, baffled.

message 28: by Adeline, HunterAvalloneFan (new)

((Stuff it Leila))

"Yep. We're that restricted."

BoldlyGoingNowhere ((Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?))

"Bummer," Alex responded. If they weren't allowed to get dinner alone, then how was he supposed to learn anything else about this place?

message 30: by Adeline, HunterAvalloneFan (new)

((Holy crap))

"Like I said, mate, stick with me and you'll be fine."

BoldlyGoingNowhere ((Mwahahahaha))

"Right," Alex said.

message 32: by Adeline, HunterAvalloneFan (new)

"Uh-Huh."

BoldlyGoingNowhere "What's that supposed to mean? You don't think I know what's good for me? You think I want to get in trouble?" Alex replied angrily.

message 34: by Adeline, HunterAvalloneFan (new)

"Nope." Jack got up and went to the bathroom. "Don't touch anything."

BoldlyGoingNowhere Scowling at Jack's back Alex reminded himself that he was supposed to be finding more about this place, not yelling at people trying to help him.Turning back to the tv Alex tried to focus on what the guy was saying about whales, but his mind was working overtime and everything the guy said went in one ear and out the other.

message 36: by Adeline, HunterAvalloneFan (new)

Jack washed his hands and then opened the door. "Oh, I love whales. I wonder if they'll make a whale hybrid. I pity the person they chose to do it on though." He went and sat down on the couch.

BoldlyGoingNowhere How can he talk about this like it's normal? Alex wondered. "Why are hybrids being made? I know you said military, but if we are, then how come we're not with the navy or something?" Alex asked.

message 38: by Adeline, HunterAvalloneFan (new)

"I don't know, mate. They're probably waiting for some government to bid on us or whatever."

BoldlyGoingNowhere "That's just gross."

message 40: by Adeline, HunterAvalloneFan (new)

"Yep."

BoldlyGoingNowhere "There using us to get money? How messed up can you get?"

message 42: by Adeline, HunterAvalloneFan (new)

"Well, it's like I said, we're most likely military weapons and they'll bid us to the highest military bidder."

BoldlyGoingNowhere "Has anyone been.....sold?"

message 44: by Adeline, HunterAvalloneFan (new)

"Not that I know of, although some of us have gone missing," Jack says.

BoldlyGoingNowhere "That's comforting."

message 46: by Adeline, HunterAvalloneFan (new)

"It truly is, isn't it? It helps those of us still here keep a look-out for odd behavior."

BoldlyGoingNowhere "I was kidding but...if you say so," Alex says dejectedly. I could sold, I could be sold, I could be sold. Forcing the thought from his mind he turns to the tv and forces himslef to focus.

message 48: by Adeline, HunterAvalloneFan (new)

"Don't worry, they never touch the newbies, just the ones who have been here longest. Nox is the oldest one, but he's still here, which is kinda surprising."

BoldlyGoingNowhere "Who's Nox? All you've said is that I don't want to mess with him. Is he...bad or something?"

message 50: by Adeline, HunterAvalloneFan (new)

"He's the Alpha. Which is understandable, since he's a Wolf-hybrid."

« previous 1